Au said her father was a former disciplinary master and a police officer.

Au said her father was a former disciplinary master at St Andrew’s Secondary School and was previously a police officer with the Secret Societies Branch (SSB) of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID).

SINGAPORE – Having been raised by a single mother, home-grown actress Sharon Au may not have spoken much about her estranged father to the media.

But the 48-year-old poured out her sorrow on social media over Mr Jeffrey Au’s death at the age of 74.

Au revealed that when she was a child, she was shuttled between relatives each year as her parents were divorced. Her father had another family and would visit her once a month to take her out for fast food.

And in a column Au wrote for Chinese-language daily Lianhe Zaobao in March 2022, she said she had not seen her father in more than 20 years.

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/entert...v2-90DsjTz

Rest in peace 🙏.

she younger than me ah ?

always thought she older.........

Used to see her and her mother at siglap.

20 yrs never see father....die already then come and pay tributes got what use...
Daughter is usually closer to father than to mother....but 20 yrs no contact is unfilial

(08-01-2024, 04:58 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  20 yrs never see father....die already then come and pay tributes got what use...
Daughter is usually closer to father than to mother....but 20 yrs no contact is unfilial

Wonder how you get above. It is usually dotter closer to mum and give more allowance. Son no monies give as need to feed own family if married with kids

She need to milk his passing for all its worth mah. Old hag discarded by amdk no more news leow.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Come visit Sgtalk. We say it like it is Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

There are a lot of possibilities. She is at the losing end. It might also be the mother tried to distance her from her father.

Some wish the other party well. Some do not.

In the end, she looks like her father.

(08-01-2024, 04:58 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  20 yrs never see father....die already then come and pay tributes got what use...

They say daughter in a previous life is the father’s lover Big Grin

(08-01-2024, 04:02 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  she younger than me ah ?

always thought she older.........

You also old uncle already huh? I always thought you're early 40s  Big Grin

Ignore List: Oyk

Hope he RIP while his daughter used him to stay relevant

(08-01-2024, 06:45 PM)sgh Wrote:  Wonder how you get above. It is usually dotter closer to mum and give more allowance. Son no monies give as need to feed own family if married with kids

Daughter always closer to father...
Father always scold son...so son always find love from mother...you don know ah?

(08-01-2024, 06:58 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  She need to milk his passing for all its worth mah.  Old hag discarded by amdk no more news leow.

Old hag already long forgotten by the public....Public now prefer young meows meows
[+] 1 user Likes pinkpanther's post

(08-01-2024, 09:23 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Daughter always closer to father...
Father always scold son...so son always find love from mother...you don know ah?

If son got give monies to father why he want to scold? Son no give monies to mother mother still want? You don't know all is talk monies?

(08-01-2024, 11:30 PM)sgh Wrote:  If son got give monies to father why he want to scold? Son no give monies to mother mother still want? You don't know all is talk monies?

If you have kids, you know what I mean! Girls matured earlier than boys. No need to teach them they know the things not to do. Boys tend to misbehave always kena scolding...who scolds the boy? Limpeh lah...lol

(09-01-2024, 12:00 AM)pinkpanther Wrote:  If you have kids, you know what I mean! Girls matured earlier than boys. No need to teach them they know the things not to do. Boys tend to misbehave always kena scolding...who scolds the boy? Limpeh lah...lol

Think we talking at different ages of kids. I am referring to kids grown up working or not working. Well you talk when they cannot earn monies stage noted.

(08-01-2024, 11:30 PM)sgh Wrote:  If son got give monies to father why he want to scold? Son no give monies to mother mother still want? You don't know all is talk monies?

Give them when they're young. When they grow up pls dun come and bother me.

Ignore List: Oyk

The father got another family. Maybe not convenient to contact lah.

(09-01-2024, 07:21 AM)winbig Wrote:  The father got another family. Maybe not convenient to contact lah.

One year msg or video call one time also not convenient?