Ambulances delayed as emergency departments struggle under high patient load

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/a...tient-load
[+] 2 users Like forum456's post

minor fever also call ambulance, sinkies is like that.

No lah. The medical team are too slow to clear the backlog and the queue keep piling up. 

Go and see for yourself and see how slow they work, then you will know.

Laughing

(25-02-2024, 10:34 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  minor fever also call ambulance, sinkies is like that.

I suppose it's because:-

1. We are affluent now and won't save that few hundred dollars unlike the PG who would feel the pinch and refuse to see a doctor even when very sick. They'd just endure.

2.  We have become a selfish and self centred people. You die your own funeral is how it is now unlike before when there was a lot of gotong royong kampung spirit. In the past when one person was down, the whole kamping would be there for him.

This is the price we are paying for affluence. I was in Malacca recently. The city had a very low population density. Most places were near deserted. Shopping malls like Mahkota Parade and Dataran Palawan had a very low footfall. You don't need government statistics to tell that the economy wasn't doing well. But the people were warmer.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

If see any ambulance behind your car, got to give way.

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

ambulance should hurry and cut the queue short quickly

[Image: 7wxn.gif]

DOA

Highest mRNA jabbed country still facing stress from patient load caused by what? Tongue

Don't want to investigate cause of excess deaths end up your healthcare system will kenna 9696 one...

Warn before so many times le....

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth” – Buddha.
[Image: https://i.ibb.co/0hWSqby/wednesday-quote.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Geneco's post

(25-02-2024, 10:34 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  minor fever also call ambulance, sinkies is like that.

In future, the public sector hospitals should direct the less serious cases to do a teleconsultation with a GP in private practice to free up slots for the real emergency cases. 

(25-02-2024, 12:02 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  If see any ambulance behind your car, got to give way.

I am certain many non-emergency ambulances and those who are not ferrying patients also turn on their sirens to clear the way for themselves; it is human nature to do so.

(25-02-2024, 11:44 AM)Gstalk Wrote:  No lah. The medical team are too slow to clear the backlog and the queue keep piling up. Go and see for yourself and see how slow they work, then you will know.

How do emergency dept doctors rush through treating serious A&E cases? You mean give the patients 2 Panadols and send them home with a MC?

(25-02-2024, 11:44 AM)Gstalk Wrote:  No lah. The medical team are too slow to clear the backlog and the queue keep piling up. 

Go and see for yourself and see how slow they work, then you will know.

Bingo! There are delays here and there once you enter the hospital road. It might be because of too many patients. Thus, they make it hard for you to get treatment.

🚑 'Nearly 750 calls a day' in December: Ambulances face delay as emergency departments struggle under high patient load

On Jan 29 around 11pm, ambulances occupied all four of Changi General Hospital's (CGH) ambulance bays, and another eight ambulances were lined up along the road outside. They were all waiting to complete the handover of patients.

READ: https://bit.ly/49sTXeM

Follow @AsiaOnecom for all the latest updates

(25-02-2024, 02:28 PM)theold Wrote:  Bingo! There are delays here and there once you enter the hospital road. It might be because of too many patients. Thus, they make it hard for you to get treatment.

There are simply too many patients, too many serious cases, too many hypochondriacs and not enough doctors and nurses.