BBC ; Long covid - it will affect us for decades...

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20220...es-to-come

1960s, epidemiologists studying the long-term prognosis of survivors of the 1918 Spanish Influenza began to notice an unusual trend. Those who were born between 1888 and 1924 – meaning they were either infants or in young adulthood at the time of the pandemic – appeared to have been two or three times more likely to develop Parkinson’s disease at some point in their life than those born at different times.
It was a striking finding. For while the potential neurological consequences of flu infections have been documented by doctors for centuries – there are medical reports of this which date back to 1385 – the sheer scale of the Spanish Flu, which infected around 500 million people globally, meant scientists could link a heightened risk of disease to the pandemic.
In recent years, an elevated risk of Parkinson's has also been identified in the survivors of outbreaks of HIV, West Nile virus, Japanese encephalitis, Coxsackie, Western Equine virus and the Epstein-Barr virus. Neurologists attempting to understand why this happens believe that each of these viruses are capable of crossing into the brain, and in some cases damaging the fragile structures which control the co-ordination of movement, known as the basal ganglia, initiating a process of degeneration which can lead to Parkinson's.

[size=11]ADVERTISEMENT[/size]

Now scientists are keen to monitor whether the current pandemic will also trigger a higher rate of Parkinson's cases in decades to come.
"We don't know but we need to consider that this could become the case," says Patrik Brundin, a Parkinson's researcher at the Van Andel Institute, in Grand Rapids, Michigan. "There are several studies highlighting that people who have recovered from Covid often have long-term central nervous system deficits including loss of sense of smell and taste, brain fog, depression, and anxiety. The numbers are troubling."
While Sars-CoV-2 can invade brain tissue, the scientific jury remains open on whether it will contribute to neurodegenerative disease. Coronaviruses are generally known as "hit and run viruses", because they tend to cause fairly short disease, even if this proves deadly in some cases. In contrast, DNA viruses such as Epstein-Barr can linger permanently in the body and are more associated with long-term illness.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Spanish flu those who recovered later suffered parkinson.

covid19 did something to brain lungs and other organs.

Even after recovery many suffer brain fog ...poor memory, various weakness in the body

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

(02-02-2022, 08:23 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Spanish flu those who recovered later suffered parkinson.

covid19 did something to brain lungs and other organs.

Even after recovery many suffer brain fog  ...poor memory, various weakness in the body

I understand that those who are infected with Covid-19 variant, may suffer attention issue and memory issue....so the Omicron virus is dangerous after all........

The world has changed, nowadays Western countries cant take care of its own people

(02-02-2022, 08:28 AM)debono Wrote:  I understand that those who are infected with Covid-19 variant, may suffer attention issue and memory issue....so the Omicron virus is dangerous after all........

I thought long and hard about what to do ...and best thing was to stay home and isolate.

Be patient and wait for tide to subside.

Think long term.

It's difficult but I think it is worth doing.

Agreed with it,, the side effect is not study yet and need more data.

people who get the mrna jab can also have long term effect - it can affect them for decades as well