Biden blundered excluding (disqualified) Singapore from democracy meeting

https://youtu.be/7iyjCKPiNLQ

"Still, Singapore was probably the summit’s most glaring — and questionable — omission.

Singapore was disqualified as autocrat.

Washington sees the city-state as a key linchpin in its efforts to promote what it terms “a free and open Indo-Pacific.” As recently as April, the State Department described Singapore as “one of the United States’ strongest bilateral partners in Southeast Asia and [one that] plays an indispensable role in supporting the region’s security and economic framework.” 

Indeed, in 2019 Singapore renewed its access agreement with Washington, giving American military forces access to its facilities until 2035. In particular, U.S. warships not only make frequent visits to Changi Naval Base but also use its facilities for logistic support and resupply.

Washington’s decision to exclude Singapore is simply inexplicable"
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

(10-04-2023, 08:20 PM)Scythian Wrote:  https://youtu.be/7iyjCKPiNLQ

"Still, Singapore was probably the summit’s most glaring — and questionable — omission.

Washington sees the city-state as a key linchpin in its efforts to promote what it terms “a free and open Indo-Pacific.” As recently as April, the State Department described Singapore as “one of the United States’ strongest bilateral partners in Southeast Asia and [one that] plays an indispensable role in supporting the region’s security and economic framework.” 

Indeed, in 2019 Singapore renewed its access agreement with Washington, giving American military forces access to its facilities until 2035. In particular, U.S. warships not only make frequent visits to Changi Naval Base but also use its facilities for logistic support and resupply.

Washington’s decision to exclude Singapore is simply inexplicable"

I do agree with you, but I suspect US may not see us as totally democratic...................... Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like debono's post

SG … sigh … heng har …. later wanna ask me buy US debts

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

They probably see LHL as transparent. Hope the handover to Lawrence can be faster so that Sg won't be pass over for too long.

(10-04-2023, 08:41 PM)Instinct Wrote:  They probably see LHL as transparent. Hope the handover to Lawrence can be faster so that Sg won't be pass over for too long.

We really need to know the answer from the horse's mouth............................... Big Grin

(10-04-2023, 08:35 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  SG … sigh … heng har …. later wanna ask me buy US debts

Later on, surely, asking Singapore SIA to buy 161 Boeing planes just to beat China's 160 Airbus.

(10-04-2023, 08:43 PM)debono Wrote:  We really need to know the answer from the horse's mouth............................... Big Grin

Basing on video, Biden's definition of democracy to include "the rule of law, freedom of speech and freedom of the press"

Democracy against autocrat.

Virtually, he shoved a cucumber into the horse's mouth.

Because the US knows full well that SG is not a democracy.

It just presents itself to the world as if it's one.

SEE ONE WUMAO, KILL ONE WUMAO!!! 
[+] 2 users Like Basic_Strategy's post

(11-04-2023, 02:57 AM)Basic_Strategy Wrote:  Because the US knows full well that SG is not a democracy.

Wasting his time to invite Singapore leaders.

US never see us as democracy at all, if that still holds true of what I understand from an angmoh friend 20 years ago. She told me the real reason why and I will never share the reason here.

(10-04-2023, 08:31 PM)debono Wrote:  I do agree with you, but I suspect US may not see us as totally democratic...................... Big Grin

Not just that, US had always keep one eye closed on red dot higher mortals for decades.

Moi think ish more to do with pinky already taking the wrong side but still want to take AMDK as idiots claiming he never take side. Sad

There was a time when the country asked ordinary men to do extraordinary things.

But now, they'll only do it for money.
[+] 1 user Likes Soulhacker's post

.shame on you, Singapore.

Obvious, Americans know very well that Singapore democracy is totally rubbish.

The world's most powerful leader, Biden certainly has reasons not inviting Singapore while invited 110 countries for democracy meeting.

(10-04-2023, 08:31 PM)debono Wrote:  I do agree with you, but I suspect US may not see us as totally democratic...................... Big Grin

They see us no up lah! Big Grin

(11-04-2023, 06:05 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  They see us no up lah! Big Grin

Biden's interview speaks itself about Singapore's democracy.

https://youtu.be/7iyjCKPiNLQ

https://youtu.be/iL2804zIgAE

Would Law Minister Shanmugan like to invite President Biden for a debate US unfair treatment?

US discrimination against small country.

How come our Parliament isn't aware others views about Singapore?

Why there's no effort to improve?

Why invite Singapore when it's already in the pocket and at beck and call??

(11-04-2023, 08:43 AM)Scythian Wrote:  How come our Parliament isn't aware others views about Singapore?

Why there's no effort to improve?
Our Parliament is fully aware of it's position as a democratic country, but because it is a 'one man' rule that had hindered view of full democracy.........it is such a shame....... Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(11-04-2023, 06:05 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  They see us no up lah! Big Grin

Mockery

They may think that Singapore is not a democracy. 😂
[+] 1 user Likes Instinct's post

(11-04-2023, 02:57 AM)Basic_Strategy Wrote:  Because the US knows full well that SG is not a democracy.

You were in jail during the last ten GEs?

You were in jail during the last ten GEs?

I think so. 

It's not an omission. It is an intentional exclusion.

[+] 3 users Like webinarian's post

I still remember this Shanmugam YAYA say Trump when Trump is the President.

and who knows Trump coming to SG.

this Shanmugam MIA , as everyone welcome trump come SG for the submit which he meet Kim of NK.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

But Biden invited Saudi to attend.

(11-04-2023, 05:28 PM)Instinct Wrote:  They may think that Singapore is not a democracy. 😂

Maybe because our Government also friend China lah! Big Grin

Not only US, many other countries knew very well what is going on in our grounds. It is too obvious. Hv to accept facts and truths. Sometimes, I felt shameful been a Singaporean.

(11-04-2023, 06:06 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  Not only US, many other countries knew very well what is going on in our grounds. It is too obvious. Hv to accept facts and truths. Sometimes, I felt shameful been a Singaporean.

Our gov. may pretend and make Singapore looks like a democratic society, but those that are living here knows better.  There are two reasons why Biden did not invite Singapore to the summit, one is that we are not fully democratic.  Two we are too friendly with China, which makes the US jittery..................... Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like debono's post

(11-04-2023, 06:18 PM)debono Wrote:  Our gov. may pretend and make Singapore looks like a democratic society, but those that are living here knows better.  There are two reasons why Biden did not invite Singapore to the summit, one is that we are not fully democratic.  Two we are too friendly with China, which makes the US jittery..................... Big Grin
The main reason shd be we are not really democratic. As for been friendly with China, US is not that 小气. Bearing in mind that it is a Democratic Summit, and this hv an in-depth meaning. That is why I felt shameful because it is a big blow to all citizens.

(11-04-2023, 06:18 PM)debono Wrote:  Our gov. may pretend and make Singapore looks like a democratic society, but those that are living here knows better.  There are two reasons why Biden did not invite Singapore to the summit, one is that we are not fully democratic.  Two we are too friendly with China, which makes the US jittery..................... Big Grin

What can a small red dot do leh?  Thinking Just like peesai (nose shit) in people's eyes leh! Big Grin