Blackbox research: One third of Singaporeans plan to retire in Malaysia

A recent report has revealed that a significant majority of Singaporeans are in favor of freer travel between  Singapore and Malaysia, with 1 in 3 Singaporeans even desiring to retire and settle in neighbouring  Johor Bahru (JB).

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

1/3 are Fake Singaporeans like Jac Lau who will retire in his homeland

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 2 users Like Ola's post

Costs of living and space are two main reasons.
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

Naturalised citizen and Malay citizen la...

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/...ter/139896
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

simple

1 in 3 definitely new citizens of jhk plus spouses of sinkies

they will leech til they are satisfied then they return to where they came from

if 1 in 3 = true blue singaporeans

they ought to ask themselves

ask what have you done for your country
til you gonna retire elsewhere

pathetic citizens from a little red dot of menses

Many Sporeans marry My bu.
Or have some relative there,
so the given figure is possible.

(16-06-2024, 06:18 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  A recent report has revealed that a significant majority of Singaporeans are in favor of freer travel between  Singapore and Malaysia, with 1 in 3 Singaporeans even desiring to retire and settle in neighbouring  Johor Bahru (JB).

Tiong not stupid, they don't take in Tom Mary Dick. Big Grin

more than 30% of singaporeans are potential quitters? what will happen? loss of revenue and no one serving NS?

One third or 30% is about right. It ties in with the number of new citizens from Malaysia whose parents and relatives are in Malaysia. 
Basically they are having the best of both worlds - earn high salary and strong Sing Dollars here and retire back to ancestor home.      Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

While TS can visit his hometown Muar and eat cheap durians in Tampines. Best of both worlds Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(17-06-2024, 04:41 AM)Jinwului Wrote:  more than 30% of singaporeans are potential quitters? what will happen? loss of revenue and no one serving NS?

Singapore has become like this....you are free to come and free to go. If people from various countries can come so easily.  So why not.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(17-06-2024, 08:24 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Singapore has become like this....you are free to come and free to go. If people from various countries can come so easily.  So why not.

Singapore is a Global City, whoever fits, cherish it, will become a part of Singapore. 
Nay sayers can leave peacefully too, democratically...🤣

If they're more restrictions for foreigners to come here to stay and work, would you be better off in terms of finding a good job, lower costs of living and etc?
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

What is the point of uprooting to settle there if safety concerns everyday is a worrying factor? The exchange rate may favour singkies but if you get robbed , kidnapped or killed what’s the point.

tomorrow will be a better day
[+] 1 user Likes surfer's post

Get real when old. 
Body not the same. 
Walking is difficult. 
In singapore we see many on wheel chair 
Still moving around.  Can even take bus. 
Our roads and pavements are wheelchair friendly. 
In Malaysia, the place is big. 
Just getting to the main road takes a lot of navigation.  Unless you stay at home all the time or drive.
[+] 1 user Likes Migrant's post

It's only a matter of time that racial and religious riots will breakout in Malaysia, if the Malay voting pattern is any indication.

I rather retire in chiangmai, bkk, nha trang, danang or outside hcm than jb.

Only the ex-Malaysuan new citizes that comprise about 30% of the population where they are familiar with the crime terrian there are comfortable to move back to Malaysia to retire. Most true blue local bred Singaporeans wil not be comfortable to live in such dangerous place.    Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

If you're a Chinese you can consider retiring in China  Big Grin

Ignore List: Oyk

(17-06-2024, 09:47 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Only the ex-Malaysuan new citizes that comprise about 30% of the population where they are familiar with the crime terrian there are comfortable to move back to Malaysia to retire. Most true blue local bred Singaporeans wil not be comfortable to live in such dangerous place.    Rolleyes

How to retire if you cannot even obtain a PR?
Kong nia la...
Realistically impossible...🤣
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post