Blood stains on the main door," JB Gangster breaking in condominium

'Blood stains on main door': Singaporean couple shaken after 'gangsters' attempt to break into JB Airbnb    http://www.asiaone.com/singapore/blood-stains-main-door-singaporean-couple-shaken-after-gangsters-attempt-break-jb-airbnb?utm_source=mobileapp&utm_medium=social-media&utm_campaign=native-share

One Singaporean couple was left shaken and jumpy in Johor Bahru after fending off intruders who tried breaking into their Airbnb rental.

In a post on Lemon8 last Saturday (May 18), a woman with the username Lilac said that the ordeal happened when she was lounging in a condo at Mount Austin.

Her boyfriend was sleeping with silicone ear plugs at that time, she said.

"Suddenly, I heard knocking at the opposite unit," she said. "And then after a while, the knocking came to our door, which didn't stop after three repetitions."

Initially suspecting it was a security guard or a delivery rider who had gone to the wrong unit, Lilac opened the door while using her foot behind as a latch.

To my horror, there were a bunch of men dressed in open-collared black shirts and pants, like those typical gangsters you see in the movies," said Lilac, adding that one of them tried to push the door.

"Thankfully, my flight or fight mentally kicked in and I managed to slam the door shut. I put my body weight against it until I heard the lock click shut."

After resisting for two seconds that "felt like forever", Lilac woke her boyfriend up, who called the Airbnb host — all the while with the men kicking and slamming the door with all their might.

She said: "The gangsters suddenly left after four to five minutes of the ordeal.

"I suspect they realised the door was holding up too well and they gave up, but we couldn't see what was going on as we were hiding in a room behind a second door."

The couple finally opened the door after a security guard identified himself and told them he was contacted by the Airbnb host.

Intruders entered condo with keycard
In several photos shared by Lilac, it showed the damage the intruders had caused to the main door, which included cracks on the wall.

"There were even blood stains on the main door," she said, adding that the men might have tried punching their way in. "And our unit's digital lock glass screen was also broken."

Lilac said that she and the Airbnb host later reviewed CCTV footage that revealed several lapses in the condo's security measures.

The intruders were able to enter the condo with a keycard, even though it is only given to residents and occupants.

"This means they either stayed in one of the units and duplicated the key, or somehow picked it up from one of the units," she said.

Security system faulty
Checks in the lift lobby also showed that the security system was faulty, and the handle of the door leading to the fire escape staircase on their floor was broken.

"This made me really shocked," Lilac said, pointing out that she had taken for granted the safety measures of her accommodation in JB.

She added that the "harrowing" incident has permanently changed her view of safety when travelling overseas, including even to a "short trip in JB".

She has since lodged a report with JB police.

She added: "We still do not know what the gangsters had hoped to gain from breaking in, possibly for our belongings or even for more sinister reasons.

"Regardless, we choose to be thankful that we were physically unharmed from this ordeal."

Contact local law agencies for assistance: Airbnb
Airbnb guests who are facing trouble should contact local emergency services or law enforcement authorities for assistance, said Airbnb on their website.

They are advised to read the reviews and ratings of the hosts before booking an accommodation, and also do a safety check of the place to be better prepared for an emergency.

AsiaOne has contacted the Lemon8 user for more information.

Long shark ?

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

Condo no security? or security is the gangster
[+] 1 user Likes watchfirst9's post

I have posted many times Msia while cheap security is a major concern. Most likely the gangsters in cahoots with security guard or some are resigned security guards so got keycard. Even Msian own ppl also worry their own security becuz they not rich so not targeted. Act and live poor is good in Msia.
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(21-05-2024, 09:16 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  Condo no security? or security is the gangster

Yep. Security staff cannot be trusted. 
Even condo management run away with maintenance $

(21-05-2024, 09:27 PM)sgh Wrote:  I have posted many times Msia while cheap security is a major concern. Most likely the gangsters in cahoots with security guard or some are resigned security guards so got keycard. Even Msian own ppl also worry their own security becuz they not rich so not targeted. Act and live poor is good in Msia.

That's why Malaysian prefer buy landed property. Townhouse

(21-05-2024, 05:16 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Long shark ?

Don't know but can be robber too..
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(21-05-2024, 09:43 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Yep. Security staff cannot be trusted. 
Even condo management run away with maintenance $

condo should to be safer..

(21-05-2024, 09:56 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  condo should to be safer..

Not in Malaysia, unless you buy the atas expensive condo project. 
With very good security system, the tenants of each floor with special lift access card. 
And not allow for Airbnb..

(21-05-2024, 09:44 PM)moonrab Wrote:  That's why Malaysian prefer buy landed property. Townhouse

Landed lagi worst. Motorbike park go in faster rob faster run road. My spouse siblings in Msia live landed robbed two times polis never catch them. Live landed can but don't decorate or paint nice nice must live like paint peeled off wild grass all around roof top cobweb etc. If you robber how you choose target to rob?

No where is safe in jb
If they don’t target your dwelling they will target u when out

☝️

(22-05-2024, 11:11 AM)sgh Wrote:  Landed lagi worst. Motorbike park go in faster rob faster run road. My spouse siblings in Msia live landed robbed two times polis never catch them. Live landed can but don't decorate or paint nice nice must live like paint peeled off wild grass all around roof top cobweb etc. If you robber how you choose target to rob?

🤣
That's normal in JB..

(22-05-2024, 11:25 AM)moonrab Wrote:  🤣
That's normal in JB..
Terrorists plus robbers 
How come no rape cases?

☝️

(22-05-2024, 11:28 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Terrorists plus robbers 
How come no rape cases?

Have la..
Some years back, one Chinese woman returned from abroad was kidnapped in shopping mall carpark, rape, burnt and deposed. 

Culprit was caught.

(22-05-2024, 11:25 AM)moonrab Wrote:  🤣
That's normal in JB..

I think whole Msia not just JB. JB just happen many rich ppl same as KL Penang area. If I robber will target those areas. If robbers target say Perlis Kedah those areas hmm maybe desperate liao or their brains wired differently from other robbers. Less greedy less risky maybe.

(22-05-2024, 11:33 AM)moonrab Wrote:  Have la..
Some years back, one Chinese woman returned from abroad was kidnapped in shopping mall carpark, rape, burnt and deposed. 

Culprit was caught.

Brown colour culprit I think executed liao. Not only her case a few other cases also. Msia security still major concern which is why Msian female some apply SPR and later Spore citizenship as Spore law protect women so much.

(22-05-2024, 11:33 AM)moonrab Wrote:  Have la..

Culprit was caught.
kia see lung how to live in jb?

☝️

(22-05-2024, 01:19 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  kia see lung how to live in jb?

You can as I say just make sure the house you live paint peeled off cobwebs wild grass etc so safe as no robbers interested in you. Drive a car with doors all four different colour maybe can.

(22-05-2024, 01:28 PM)sgh Wrote:  You can as I say just make sure the house you live paint peeled off cobwebs wild grass etc so safe as no robbers interested in you. Drive a car with doors all four different colour maybe can.

might as well  hang a pig head Rotfl

☝️

(22-05-2024, 01:37 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  might as well  hang a pig head Rotfl

Nowadays pig head not cheap also in case you never follow market news.

(22-05-2024, 01:44 PM)sgh Wrote:  Nowadays pig head not cheap also in case you never follow market news.

ya loh not cheap n better let the house rots

☝️

(22-05-2024, 01:46 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  ya loh not cheap n better let the house rots

They rather let their wide lands rot than sell make monies so yes they prefer to let it rot.

(22-05-2024, 11:11 AM)sgh Wrote:  Landed lagi worst. Motorbike park go in faster rob faster run road. My spouse siblings in Msia live landed robbed two times polis never catch them. Live landed can but don't decorate or paint nice nice must live like paint peeled off wild grass all around roof top cobweb etc. If you robber how you choose target to rob?

Condo at least can find condo management.
landed property ask the sky.

(22-05-2024, 01:51 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  Condo at least can find condo management.
landed property ask the sky.

Condo security guards some are in cahoots with robbers else how they know which unit to go in and know the layout so easily? Some are resigned security guards so know the internal security measures and plan layout.

JB is always and forever be a cowboy town.

Cannot change one

Laughing

(22-05-2024, 01:19 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  kia see lung how to live in jb?

Never la...
Cheap but with consequences...not worthy.

(22-05-2024, 01:57 PM)sgh Wrote:  Condo security guards some are in cahoots with robbers else how they know which unit to go in and know the layout so easily? Some are resigned security guards so know the internal security measures and plan layout.

At least can sue the condo management. if landed properties in My, sue who.

(22-05-2024, 06:15 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  At least can sue the condo management. if landed properties in My, sue who.

Agree but you have faith in Msia law? Mongolian murder case settle already? Just to give e.g

(22-05-2024, 06:19 PM)sgh Wrote:  Agree but you have faith in Msia law? Mongolian murder case settle already? Just to give e.g

Faith or not, got foreign buyers to show.
As for mongolian murder case, need evidences to come out. 
It may matters more to Myisan which I am not.

One of reason for foreign investment is the crime rate has to be low. My govt should know themselves.