Breaking: Johor doesn't belong to M'sia

They also want to be independent ma ?

(22-06-2024, 12:18 AM)victortan Wrote:  Johore is the richest state in malaysia.. If they got independence, Sultan becomwe billionaire.

You mean trillionaire?

Laughing

(21-06-2024, 09:40 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Correct what, Johore is part of Muddysia like SG last time until we got kick out …. luckily

Yes you are right but there's a difference. Johor was part of Malaya to be exact. We used to say 马来亚 in our respective Chinese dialects.

Malaysia or its formal name, Federation of Malaysia, was formed by a merger of:-

1. Malaya 
2. Singapore 
3. Sabah 
4. Sarawak 

1&2 became West Malaysia while 3&4 became East Malaysia.

Nao West Malaysia only has Malaya. Singapore is out.

Just like we still use words like Sabah and Sarawak, it's actually still correct to say Malaya to refer to West Malaysia but for some reason, most peepur don't use that word anyone. Instead they'd say Malaysia but often forget that that's only West Malaysia and there's also East Malaysia and Anwar is also the PM of Sabah and Sarawak.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(22-06-2024, 09:02 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Yes you are right but there's a difference. Johor was part of Malaya to be exact. We used to say 马来亚 in our respective Chinese dialects.

Malaysia or its formal name, Federation of Malaysia, was formed by a merger of:-

1. Malaya 
2. Singapore 
3. Sabah 
4. Sarawak 

1&2 became West Malaysia while 3&4 became East Malaysia.

Nao West Malaysia only has Malaya. Singapore is out.

Just like we still use words like Sabah and Sarawak, it's actually still correct to say Malaya to refer to West Malaysia but for some reason, most peepur don't use that word anyone. Instead they'd say Malaysia but often forget that that's only West Malaysia and there's also East Malaysia and Anwar is also the PM of Sabah and Sarawak.

If Sabah and Sarawak break away, East Malaysia becomes Borneo again.
West Malaysia becomes Malaya again...

Johor can relook into the Federation of Malaya agreement. 

Johor was a sovereign state from 1948 until 1957 while the Federation of Malaya Agreement was in force, but its defence and external affairs were mainly under the control of the United Kingdom.

The Malayan Federation was then merged with two British colonies in Borneo – North Borneo and Sarawak – to form the Federation of Malaysia. 

Since then, several disputes have arisen such as the incident involving the state royal family that resulted in the 1993 amendments to the Constitution of Malaysia, disputes with federal leaders on state and federation affairs, and dissatisfaction over slower development in contrast with the long-standing prosperity in neighbouring Singapore, which even led to statements about secession from Johor's royal family.

Other social issues include the rise of racial and religious intolerance among the state's citizens since being part of the federation.
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(22-06-2024, 09:31 AM)moonrab Wrote:  If Sabah and Sarawak break away, East Malaysia becomes Borneo again.
West Malaysia becomes Malaya again...

Johor can relook into the Federation of Malaya agreement. 

Johor was a sovereign state from 1948 until 1957 while the Federation of Malaya Agreement was in force, but its defence and external affairs were mainly under the control of the United Kingdom.

The Malayan Federation was then merged with two British colonies in Borneo – North Borneo and Sarawak – to form the Federation of Malaysia. 

Since then, several disputes have arisen such as the incident involving the state royal family that resulted in the 1993 amendments to the Constitution of Malaysia, disputes with federal leaders on state and federation affairs, and dissatisfaction over slower development in contrast with the long-standing prosperity in neighbouring Singapore, which even led to statements about secession from Johor's royal family.

Other social issues include the rise of racial and religious intolerance among the state's citizens since being part of the federation.

Can call North Borneo only because South Borneo belongs to Indonesia.

Anyway the inability of Malaysia with or without Johor to seriously rival Singapore is not as complicated as it seems. I believe I know why..

Johor is thinking... we can live in big houses, we can own cars cheaply and best of all have two sauces of good income.... huan is millions of Singaporeans coming here to jiak bak kut teh and too is we can go there to work for 1x3.5.

We don't huan to share this with our fellow countrymen. We want the good things all for ourselves.

For national defence.... We can consider merger with Singapore instead. Win win?

We merge with Singapore (winner)...better than merging with the other Malaysian states (losers).

The Johor State Constitution (Malay: Undang-undang Tubuh Negeri Johor) is the state constitution of Johor, promulgated on 14 April 1895 by Sultan Abu Bakar. 

The contents of the constitution covers:

The procedures for the selection and coronation of the Sultan of Johor, as well as the succession procedures.

The laws and responsibilities of the State Assembly, Executive Council (Exco) and their members

Rules regarding Islam as the official religion of Johor

The development of the basics of legal punishments by justice courts
International deals

Since 1895, the Johor State Constitution was revised 4 times:

First Revision (1 April 1908)
Second Revision (17 September 1912)
Third Revision (12 May 1914)
Fourth Revision (17 July 1918)
Role in Malay nationalism

The Johor State Constitution was the first written constitution among the Malay states. 

The Johor State Constitution played a major role for the Malays during their opposition to the formation of the Malayan Union. 

The key factors of their protest was that all the sultans of Malay states would lose their power as the rulers of their respective states, and the way Sir Harold MacMichael threatened the sultans for their signatures.

Later Sultan Ibrahim of Johor was encouraged by MacMichael to sign on the treaty, sparking anger among Malays, claiming that signing the Malayan Union treaty violated the Johor State Constitution which disallowed the Sultan of Johor from performing actions that might threaten the sovereignty of Johor. 

As a response to the protest, he hosted the UMNO's first general assembly at his palace in Johor Bahru in May 1946. 

He also joined the boycott of the installation of the Malayan Union's first governor.

Due to the success of the Malayan Union protest, rulers of other Malay states began using Johor State Constitution as a model for their own constitutions in order to protect the sovereignty of Malay states

(22-06-2024, 10:46 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Johor is thinking... we can live in big houses, we can own cars cheaply and best of all have two sauces of good income.... huan is millions of Singaporeans coming here to jiak bak kut teh and too is we can go there to work for 1x3.5.

We don't huan to share this with our fellow countrymen. We want the good things all for ourselves.

For national defence.... We can consider merger with Singapore instead. Win win?

We merge with Singapore (winner)...better than merging with the other Malaysian states (losers).

They wanted more $, similar to Sabah and Sarawak. Most Oil Dollars goes to Petronas belong to KL, Federal government. 

Johor only way to secede is through the secession of Sabah and Sarawak. Breaking the 1963 Federation of Malaysia. 
Then they can reinstall back the Johor State Constitution.

Than Johore belong to who?...can it stand alone or proclaim independently? A Kingdom

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2...al-partner

“Johor is also not part of the Federated Malay state, such as Pahang, Selangor, Perak and Negri Sembilan, which had to accept British residents as advisors,” he said in a statement here.

He said that Johor voluntarily became part of the Unfederated Malay states with Kelantan, Terengganu and Kedah but maintained its sovereignty, which the British recognised.

“Johor had essentially accepted the British as a patron, but it remains an independent state with its Rulers having sovereignty over the region, which the British recognised.

He also said that Johor had come out with its own Constitution over a century ago, which is still being used today.

(22-06-2024, 11:24 AM)ysh02 Wrote:  Than Johore belong to who?...can it stand alone or proclaim independently?  A Kingdom

They want to be a State with Sovereignty. That should a country by itself.
Unless KL get them more annually budget $...

At least 20% to 30%” of Johor’s revenue will go back to the state in the future.
It is all about MONEY!!!🤣

(22-06-2024, 11:05 AM)moonrab Wrote:  They wanted more $, similar to Sabah and Sarawak. Most Oil Dollars goes to Petronas belong to KL, Federal government. 

Johor only way to secede is through the secession of Sabah and Sarawak. Breaking the 1963 Federation of Malaysia. 
Then they can reinstall back the Johor State Constitution.

East Malaysia had a chance to separate but they didn't.

(22-06-2024, 11:24 AM)ysh02 Wrote:  Than Johore belong to who?...can it stand alone or proclaim independently?  A Kingdom

Singapore did it. Why they can't leh?

If we became rich, they should become even richer. What's their problem?

(22-06-2024, 11:53 AM)Oyk Wrote:  East Malaysia had a chance to separate but they didn't.

https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/...ier/121689

Wednesday, 06 Mar 2024 9:03 AM MYT

"SIBU, March 6 — Sarawak will have absolute power in managing its environment following another success in the Malaysia Agreement 1963 (MA63) negotiations with the federal government, said Premier Datuk Patinggi Tan Sri Abang Johari Openg."

Getting louder and louder...
Once many FDI landed in East Malaysia, with $ and foreign supports, one will start to think deeper. 

That's why Johor is thinking seriously, either give me more $ and autonomy, Or I breaking away.

With the recently massive FDI $ from US, China, Johor can be a powerful state in future. Without obstacles from KL.
Once a Superpower showing support, the opportunity is great!
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

Better they join Singapore.

(22-06-2024, 12:16 PM)moonrab Wrote:  https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/...ier/121689

Wednesday, 06 Mar 2024 9:03 AM MYT

"SIBU, March 6 — Sarawak will have absolute power in managing its environment following another success in the Malaysia Agreement 1963 (MA63) negotiations with the federal government, said Premier Datuk Patinggi Tan Sri Abang Johari Openg."

Getting louder and louder...
Once many FDI landed in East Malaysia, with $ and foreign supports, one will start to think deeper. 

That's why Johor is thinking seriously, either give me more $ and autonomy, Or I breaking away.

With the recently massive FDI $ from US, China, Johor can be a powerful state in future. Without obstacles from KL.
Once a Superpower showing support, the opportunity is great!

Do not be naive , treaty signed if want to break away will means war.
Johor have very few troops only to protect the palace only. 
To ask for economy autonomy status as east Malaysia, Johot will need all states to agree.
and then if Anwar as a PM will act to change constitution.
Especially Dr Mah has removed most of monarchy powers.

(23-06-2024, 11:22 AM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  Do not be naive , treaty signed if want to break away will means war.
Johor have very few troops only to protect the palace only. 
To ask for economy autonomy status as east Malaysia, Johot will need all states to agree.
and then if Anwar as a PM will act to change constitution.
Especially Dr Mah has removed most of monarchy powers.

"Sultan Ibrahim claimed that the Federation of Malaya agreement - formulated for the Malayan Union in 1948 - allows Johor to secede should any terms be breached."

Not I say one hor..🤣
Can ask Tunku..

(23-06-2024, 11:49 AM)moonrab Wrote:  "Sultan Ibrahim claimed that the Federation of Malaya agreement - formulated for the Malayan Union in 1948 - allows Johor to secede should any terms be breached."

Not I say one hor..🤣
Can ask Tunku..

This I suppose
https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2...our-rights

but from 1948 version  state

https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.105...0270848_13
The Queen and the Malay rulers have power to admit any other territory
into the federation by mutual agreement. Under the High Commissioner,
to whom power is delegated jointly by the Queen and the Malay rulers, the
central Government consists of a federal executive council and federal
legislative council.

The Queen, through the High Commissioner,
exercises control over questions of defence and external relations. The
rulers have agreed to accept the High Commissioner's advice in all matters of
government, excepting those relating to the Moslem religion and Malay
custom. The power of advice in State matters is to be

Maybe Tunku has false impression they enjoy special status as before 1946, 
as below
https://www.msn.com/en-my/news/national/...r-BB1oBOzh

but seriously under colony they can exit meh.  Big Grin

BTW, you can read our version of the story  Big Grin
https://www.nlb.gov.sg/main/article-deta...a99d598525

(23-06-2024, 10:45 AM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  Better they join Singapore.
SG and Johor signed the MOU Johor SG Special Economic Zone on Jan 2024. 
Win-win situation for both under the many joint initiatives.

(23-06-2024, 01:06 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  This I suppose
https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2...our-rights

but from 1948 version  state

https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.105...0270848_13
The Queen and the Malay rulers have power to admit any other territory
into the federation by mutual agreement. Under the High Commissioner,
to whom power is delegated jointly by the Queen and the Malay rulers, the
central Government consists of a federal executive council and federal
legislative council.

The Queen, through the High Commissioner,
exercises control over questions of defence and external relations. The
rulers have agreed to accept the High Commissioner's advice in all matters of