CECA failing Singapore? Read Philip Yeo's comment

No one responsible will admit mistakes….they will only double down and defend to the end
[+] 1 user Likes pervertosan's post

(03-09-2021, 07:07 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Imagine Singapore as a company A with monopoly over manufacturing of product Z (IT talent).

When company A foresee there is a growth in demand and current production capacity cannot meet demand, it has 2 choices:

1) Add more lines for short term demand (aka increase University intake) or build new plants if new demand will remain or grow (aka new IT focus university)
2) If don't want to add more lines due to whatever reason, another way is to buy from competitor (import talents from other countries) and pass on as your product. Normally this is not recommended since bulk of the money from the new demand is not made by the company A but competitor

Now, if you are the boss of company A, if previously your manager has been using choice 2 for whatever reason, after 1 year, you would probably asked "Why are we still letting our competitor make the earning instead of us earning the money by adding more lines/build new plants"..

Fast track to 1 year later (don't even need 15 years), if your manager still stick with choice 2, then it is time to fire the manager since he/she is not acting of the best interest of the company.

Of course, some might say manager stick to choice 2 because competitor product is better than ours.. If I am the boss, manager lose his/her job immediately because isn't it his/her job to make the best product. If competitor continue to make better product than us, then it is only a matter of time before company A loses it's monopoly to competitor.

nice analogies.
i think the culprit in this case was the boss.
the only way now is for the locals to vote out the miw.
[+] 2 users Like whylah's post

(04-09-2021, 10:11 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  The real problem here is that the 'boss' is not really looking to grow the company, but to enrich himself. Just look at Motorola and HP. Their former CEOs made hell lot of mistakes by selling away their most profitable assets just so that in the short-term it looks good to stakeholders. They took the high salary and bonus and moved on while leaving the companies a shadow of their glory past.

This is very different from the founders who took good care to nurture the companies because they saw them as their babies. Very similar to Singapore now.
If company is listed, motions can be filed to remove the 'boss' via EGM.. While we can't do that like a listed company, we can do it once every 5 years.

Till then, we just need to make people around us understand the situation from a layman point of view, and I hope my story helps people to understand what they might be missing or misled. Feel free to share my story to others who bother to listen.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(04-09-2021, 07:56 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  If company is listed, motions can be filed to remove the 'boss' via EGM.. While we can't do that like a listed company, we can do it once every 5 years.

Till then, we just need to make people around us understand the situation from a layman point of view, and I hope my story helps people to understand what they might be missing or misled. Feel free to share my story to others who bother to listen.

Even though they can be removed during EGMs, usually it's already too late and irreversible damage done. The reason is that the bosses are able to show good short-term results by selling away profitable assets. This benefits shareholders in the near term but what happens next? The bosses already got their millions. The ones who suffer are those who continue to hold onto the shares.

Perhaps, we should let their bonus be distributed over 5 years, so that they do not think that they can get away with very bad and short-sighted decisions.

He is good. for himself.
Now we got WATER and Fire.
Virus dat does not exist.
And 80% jabbed.

(04-09-2021, 08:50 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Even though they can be removed during EGMs, usually it's already too late and irreversible damage done. The reason is that the bosses are able to show good short-term results by selling away profitable assets. This benefits shareholders in the near term but what happens next? The bosses already got their millions. The ones who suffer are those who continue to hold onto the shares.

Perhaps, we should let their bonus be distributed over 5 years, so that they do not think that they can get away with very bad and short-sighted decisions.
It is never late than never. We can only do our parts to make people around us more level minded when looking at the situation.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(03-09-2021, 03:03 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  It cannot be eaten becos both are rotten.

I mean to say that they want CECA to succeed, so we must be cannon fodder.

From the time MOE set at the quotas on the education places, likely 30% or 80% of the jobs have been planned to give FTs. To facilitate such drama, more Employment Pass must be issued and the reason behind, Singapore cannot produce qualified people for the jobs.

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

(05-09-2021, 11:51 AM)Symmetry Wrote:  I mean to say that they want CECA to succeed, so we must be cannon fodder.

From the time MOE set at the quotas on the education places, likely 30% or 80% of the jobs have been planned to give FTs. To facilitate such drama, more Employment Pass must be issued and the reason behind, Singapore cannot produce qualified people for the jobs.

Did you read today ST? 
They are mostly not from South Asia? Thinking
Why har?

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/covid-...e-pandemic

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(05-09-2021, 11:58 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Did you read today ST? 
Why har?

Not sure why Shi Xu of Nanofilm is in that list. His company suffered due to chip shortage caused by COVID-19. He did not "thrive on the pandemic".

(05-09-2021, 11:58 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Did you read today ST? 
Why har?

Let me guess- 

25% of the FTs are from CECA but none made it to the  Billionaires list because most of them are not businessmen, but rather mere ordinary workers like you & me.

Shanmugam issuing PRs to them when they are here to take away our jobs, not create jobs.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(03-09-2021, 11:45 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  This govt is one that will never admit its mistakes, and that's because it's never penalised for it. Only when voters show their displeasure at the ballot box then there'll be an effect. So far, sinkies have shown themselves as a faithless lot, complaining everyday but end of the day still vote for PAP.
Blessings that I was at Aljunied and added 1 vote to it.
[+] 1 user Likes Gemstar's post