COE at all time high should be used to fund public transport...

Why is there a need for fare increase when the govt is collecting record amounts from COEs.

To encourage more people to take public transport they should not increase fares but sue the massive surplus from COE to offset need for fare increase.

Doing so will help relieve some inflation effects and also that of GST. Its like the people are getting hit from all sides....and it is unnecessary.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Govt says money not enough.

tomorrow will be a better day

COE humongous prices are for funding the humongous salaries of the ministars. Tio bo

The higher the COE prices, the happier the ministars

Also have to pay for F1.

pap is really out of touch. vote wisely.

Give you chicken wings and it is time to take back a whole chicken.

They need to increase the subsidy for senior citizens so that they could go around Spore without worry about transport cost.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

(19-09-2023, 10:01 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  They need to increase the subsidy for senior citizens so that they could go around Spore without worry about transport cost.

No, they want seniors to sit in the coffeeshop or hawker centers down their HDB blocks to oogle and talk about anything under the sun. They dont want to compensate seniors who use their transport system to eat air.

(19-09-2023, 09:17 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Why is there a need for fare increase when the govt is collecting record amounts from COEs.

To encourage more people to take public transport they should not increase fares but sue the massive surplus from COE to offset need for fare increase.

Doing so will help relieve some inflation effects and also that of GST. Its like the people are getting hit from all sides....and it is unnecessary.

your suggestion is good.
but 70% will still support the fare increase.

TCJ committed adultery and Iswaran charged for corruption.
but 70% will still support PAP.

Even if gov increase the fare by 1000% people will still vote them in...sinkees like to take it up the arse....the deeper you stick it in..the more shiok they feel..

(19-09-2023, 09:17 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Why is there a need for fare increase when the govt is collecting record amounts from COEs.

You believe the coe enough meh..
All the buses, train and roads..

(19-09-2023, 10:09 AM)moonrab Wrote:  You believe the coe enough meh..
All the buses, train and roads..

I suggest to use it to fund the "increase" so no need to increase fares immediately because inflation is high

It is not to fund the entire transport system to make it free.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Inflation is created by them, when the problem arises after inflation, they ask you to foot the bill lah. Rotfl

If there is no inflation, there is no need to raise the fare. If they raise the fare, this is called profiteering.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(19-09-2023, 10:11 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I suggest to use it to fund the "increase" so no need to increase fares immediately because inflation is high

It is not to fund the entire transport system to make it free.

you still do not understand the root cause of fare increase.

let me give simple example.
assuming Apple phones have 1 millions users.
now, Apple increases the price by 50%, the Apple users become 1.5 millions users.
there is an increase of 50% users after the price increase.
the root cause is not Apple.
the root cause is the users.

This gov is piaking greedy....
In Vietnam a sugarcane drink cost 10k an a pack of cigarettes cost 20k 5yrs ago.

Now. the prices of the sugarcane drink remains the same while the cost of cigarettes go up by 2k. If their gov is as greedy as ours....half of their population would have been wipe out

(19-09-2023, 10:25 AM)forum456 Wrote:  you still do not understand the root cause of fare increase.

let me give simple example.
assuming Apple phones have 1 millions users.
now, Apple increases the price by 50%, the Apple users become 1.5 millions users.
there is an increase of 50% users after the price increase.
the root cause is not Apple.
the root cause is the users.

simple analogy.

PAP => Apple
WP => Samsung
PSP => Xiaomi

GIC and Temasek lost billions. They will suck all channels from public services to cover back.

Smile

(19-09-2023, 10:58 AM)forum456 Wrote:  simple analogy.

PAP => Apple
WP => Samsung
PSP => Xiaomi

Not Apple with rotten worms? Thinking
Samsung becomes SamSunk.

Xiaomi becomes Carrot head.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

I fully agree. But 70% dont agree leh

Opasnie-14

Laughing

looking around singlion thinks it is already implimented
going by the lack of vehicles on the road similar to the downtrends in exports going negative
revenues not coping well to the needs of the nation.