Calvin Cheng explains the rising cost of living

https://www.facebook.com/calvinchengnmp/...N7Capn2Vrl

Quote:It’s not random that I am posting more on international affairs.
The world is fracturing into pockets of chaos and war. These might turn global. Countries are turning tribal, allying against one another. 
As the world’s most open economy, Singapore is very vulnerable to global economic shifts.
As a small multi cultural island state , we are vulnerable to global political events.
We are price-takers.
This means that many of the domestic issues Singapore face, are very much dictated by external circumstances.
Take cost of living.
We are an import economy.
If global prices rise, our cost of living will rise.
There is little the Government can do to reverse this.  Or the Opposition.
They can only subsidise costs, but there is a limit to this.
Where is the money going to come from?
So Singaporeans need to break out of the Kampung Mentality and look outwards more.
Break out of the little island mentality.
And understand that our domestic issue are never really domestic.
Singapore is a little boat on a big ocean.
If there is a storm, we may not survive.

Ignore List: Oyk

whereas one the other hand

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/h...ch-weekend

the article claim
" More than 99 per cent of buyers were Singaporeans and permanent residents, with close to 60 per cent of them 40 years old or younger, it added. "
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

At work, u tell yr boss there is little i can do to reverse an issue, especially if you are drawing 16k per month and work part time, see how your boss will handle you.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

If the cost of importing is getting higher why still add to the rising cost by increasing GST? Can this Calvin explain?
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

Nobody ever listens to Calvin Cheng, the infamous sniveling sycophant Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(13-11-2023, 07:23 AM)winbig Wrote:  If the cost of importing is getting higher why still add to the rising cost by increasing GST? Can this Calvin explain?
Plus why die die want to increase population to 6.7m

King of plp. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

we are beri close to the End olady still tok this kind of markTUI
the architects of One world gov r UK US and Isreal
Outages are Bank runs... why runs?
they could not get their pays.
[+] 2 users Like singlon's post

You mean the Singapore govt importing people to make our population reach new record highs has nothing to do with rising rental and housing prices? The GST does nkt cause things to be more expensive?

I am surprise this guy has a degree....what he is saying js illogical he just wants to take the blame away from pap govt.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(13-11-2023, 09:22 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You mean the Singapore govt importing people to make our population reach new record highs has nothing to do with rising rental and housing prices? The GST does nkt cause ghjbgs to be more expensive?

I am surprise this guy has a degree....what he is saying js illogical he just wants to take the blame away from pap govt.

What is ghjbgs?

when oil price went from $60 to $100, transport fare increased significantly.

can he explain why transport fare never drop when oil price dropped from $100 to $60 ?

PAP system can allow significant increase in price but never allows significant drop in price.

anyone can share any example of significant drop in price for cost of living ?

(12-11-2023, 11:10 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  whereas one the other hand

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/h...ch-weekend

the article claim
" More than 99 per cent of buyers were Singaporeans and permanent residents, with close to 60 per cent of them 40 years old or younger, it added. "

Indeed not high enough Big Grin
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/singapo...s-yet-pick

https://g.co/bard/share/6418e54e91fe 

Quote:population growth can lead to inflation is by putting pressure on resources. As the population grows, there is more competition for land, water, energy, and other resources. This increased competition can drive up the cost of these resources, which can in turn drive up the cost of goods and services that use those resources.

Not mentioned Sg don't have nature resources.
Most import.

This eunuch mentioned war(s) but failed to mention how they're started.
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

Sounds like another idiot from RI

How come he never dare to explain why with appreciating currency, the cost is not dropping?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(13-11-2023, 07:23 AM)winbig Wrote:  If the cost of importing is getting higher why still add to the rising cost by increasing GST? Can this Calvin explain?

he always talk nonsense to support pap policies becos he never was once poor

his agenda is aiming for pap to field him as the new candidate to a grc collecting 16k as a part timer