Can Singapore’s opposition really win the next general election?

Can Singapore’s opposition really win the next general election?

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/politics/...government

It is not whether they can or cannot.
It is they declared don't want to be the next Govt of Singapore...🤪

But want your votes!!! 🤦‍♂️
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(19-05-2024, 06:00 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Can Singapore’s opposition really win the next general election?

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/politics/...government

if can win more seats happy liao lah...............hope Oppo can win minimum 5 more seats lah..........
[+] 2 users Like Napoleon Porlumpar's post

Lawrence Wong actually claim he not surprise Opposition votes increase or even one GRC Opposition win wor.

I feel he already prepare for it take it easy as end of the day PAP still the ruling the party. Just the matter how much PAP votes is decreasing.

(19-05-2024, 06:07 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Lawrence Wong actually claim he not surprise Opposition votes increase or even one GRC Opposition win wor.

I feel he already prepare for it take it easy as end of the day PAP still the ruling the party. Just the matter how much PAP votes is decreasing.

New citizens most probably will vote pap

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

Yes, when GCT took over from LKY, PAP lost many votes.
So the up coming Election, WP or Opposition coalition have high chance to topple PAP..

Unless they purposely contest in fewer constituents and let PAP has the majority seats..🤭

Those buay kan oppos like lim tean and gang better don't come out to sabo the oppos.
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(19-05-2024, 06:07 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  if can win more seats happy liao lah...............hope Oppo can win minimum 5 more seats lah..........

They may win another 3 GRCs ie 14 to 15 seats.

Total GRCs won= 7
Could even be 8 because PSP may win 1 GRC.

PAP becomes minority and Lawrence Wong becomes the 1st PM who:

1.. governs for the shortest term of less than 1 year 
2.  gets demoted to LOTO 

Meanwhile Singapore will have its 1st ethnic Indian PM.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love
[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

(19-05-2024, 06:21 PM)Oyk Wrote:  They may win another 3 GRCs ie 14 to 15 seats.

Total GRCs won= 7
Could even be 8 because PSP may win 1 GRC.

PAP becomes minority and Lawrence Wong becomes the 1st PM who:

1.. governs for the shortest term of less than 1 year 
2.  gets demoted to LOTO 

Meanwhile Singapore will have its 1st ethnic Indian PM.

Win 7 GRCs only how to be govt? At most deny them the rubber stamp nia.

(19-05-2024, 06:15 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Yes, when GCT took over from LKY, PAP lost many votes.
So the up coming Election, WP or Opposition coalition have high chance to topple PAP..

Unless they purposely contest in fewer constituents and let PAP has the majority seats..🤭

Re your last para 
I don't think Pritam will give chance.  What he said about not ready or not intending to form the government is just political talk..

(19-05-2024, 06:24 PM)winbig Wrote:  Win 7 GRCs only how to be govt? At most deny them the rubber stamp nia.

If you want to deny them the rubber stamp then how do they make policies? If voters want to do this, no party wants to be the government lorh.

(19-05-2024, 06:30 PM)Oyk Wrote:  If you want to deny them the rubber stamp then how do they make policies? If voters want to do this, no party wants to be the government lorh.

Denying them the rubber stamp will ensure that the policies are debated thoroughly and not just go thru motion of debating. Now whether the policies are convincingly good or not it still get pushed thru.
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

Win the next erection … they lucky if they don't lose more seat in parliament …. opposition especially Wanker Partee  & Pubic Sore Partee the most waste time opposition

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(19-05-2024, 06:35 PM)winbig Wrote:  Denying them the rubber stamp will ensure that the policies are debated thoroughly and not just go thru motion of debating. Now whether the policies are convincingly good or not it still get pushed thru.

So how to make policies? Oppo will always vote against...

No need external party to tell us lah, we know answer is no.
Whether can Opp perform better, that still a question mark?

Factors that affect most are available of decent job and inflation in control.
Some say Mayor issue is important...
[+] 2 users Like watchfirst9's post

(19-05-2024, 06:27 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Re your last para 
I don't think Pritam will give chance.  What he said about not ready or not intending to form the government is just political talk..

Pritam officially rebutted against statement, about WP eyeing to take over Singapore government in coming election. 
Whether he is sincere or not, it doesn't matter...

There are many other Opposition parties teaming up into Coalition, to offer Singaporean a chance to change our Govt. Hopefully they will contest in all constituents, including HG, AJU, SK...

Let Singaporean to have a more solid Opposition choice. 
WP can carry on to play their mouse and cat game with PAP...🤣

(19-05-2024, 07:15 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Pritam officially rebutted against statement, about WP eyeing to take over Singapore government in coming election. 

There are many other Opposition parties teaming up into Coalition, to offer Singaporean a chance to change our Govt. Hopefully they will contest in all constituents, including HG, AJU, SK...

Contest in all constituencies is not free leh
Need pay deposit n might  not get back lol

☝️

(19-05-2024, 07:15 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Pritam officially rebutted against statement, about WP eyeing to take over Singapore government in coming election. 

Please lah …. name me ONE opposition other than CSJ & Tambyah can make it … go parliament talk cok clever wasted my support and votes all these years ….. this erection I may just vote for PAP Angry  

(19-05-2024, 07:18 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Contest in all constituencies is not free leh
Need pay deposit n might  not get back lol

WP is not a new or poor party. LKT stay in landed property, Pritam is a lawyer, etc...

If really not enough money, which i don't think so. Then fight as a coalition party. Pool all resources together, fight for Singaporean!!

(19-05-2024, 07:19 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Please lah …. name me ONE opposition other than CSJ & Tambyah can make it … go parliament talk cok clever wasted my support and votes all these years ….. this erection I may just vote for PAP Angry  

Voting is democratic process. You have your rights!! Cheers!

But topple PAP is also a democratic process, Singaporean deserves to have another choice of government. Yea!!

(19-05-2024, 07:29 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Voting is democratic process. You have your rights!! Cheers!

But topple PAP is also a democratic process, Singaporean deserves to have another choice of government. Yea!!

Provide you have a better choice

[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

Actually if chan , OYK , josp t the top 3 disgusted Pap member get voted out from their resident is not a bad thing for PAP.

Smile because Lawrence wong no need to condem them already been voted out. In return PAP next GE will get more votes.

Red dot, spp,all those mickey mouse parties are even more jokers than Malaysia's alliances.

[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

Scmp is taking an unhealthy interest in sg politics. Don't kaypoh lah.

(19-05-2024, 07:25 PM)moonrab Wrote:  WP is not a new or poor party. LKT stay in landed property, Pritam is a lawyer, etc...

If really not enough money, which i don't think so. Then fight as a coalition party. Pool all resources together, fight for Singaporean!!
That day will be shocking mess 
Where to start as an inexperienced govt ?
Maybe ft will packed n leave for home 
Many unsold hdb flats lalong cheap 
Buy 1 get 1 free
Jobs over flows for locals 
Cpf can take out any time 
Good lah 
Terrorists will aim at that lau tee kor who swims everyday

☝️

(19-05-2024, 08:15 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  That day will be shocking mess 
Where to start as an inexperienced govt ?
Maybe ft will packed n leave for home 
Many unsold hdb flats lalong cheap 
Buy 1 get 1 free
Jobs over flows for locals 
Cpf can take out any time 
Good lah 
Terrorists will aim at that lau tee kor who swims everyday

That's what many Singaporean opposition wanted!!!
Cheers!!!

Change, change and change!!!🤣

(19-05-2024, 08:18 PM)moonrab Wrote:  That's what many Singaporean opposition wanted!!!
Cheers!!!

Change, change and change!!!🤣
Hard lah 
 61% loves pap

☝️

(19-05-2024, 08:21 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Hard lah 
 61% loves pap

Then PAP is democratically elected by Singaporeans. 
Opposition cannot complain 😌

(19-05-2024, 08:21 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Hard lah 
 61% loves pap

I am slowly swinging towards the white pirates …. because the oppositions are mostly utter nonsense

[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

(19-05-2024, 06:38 PM)Oyk Wrote:  So how to make policies? Oppo will always vote against...
I think there are times when oppo did not vote against.