Can Singapore’s opposition really win the next general election?

(19-05-2024, 06:06 PM)moonrab Wrote:  It is not whether they can or cannot.
It is they declared don't want to be the next Govt of Singapore...🤪

But want your votes!!! 🤦‍♂️

Wind!.

(19-05-2024, 10:14 PM)winbig Wrote:  I think there are times when oppo did not vote against.

Such as....?

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

[Image: sgtalk1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

Too many opposition parties
In Malaysia too many parties too
They make UMNO weaker
WP will not accept other parties to form one united opposition party.

Too early to announce which SMC or GRC they will be contested
PAP knows how to play good chess, many good Jūnshī and better political candidates 
PAP still a better choice to rule the country.
Vote good and reliable candidates and not liar into parliament.
[+] 2 users Like Oasis's post

[Image: giphy.gif]

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!
[+] 1 user Likes ODA TETSURO's post

Cannot win. Since when Singaporean willing and dare to take challenges?
Most only love to be "abused" and complain.
[+] 1 user Likes Ernesto's post

(20-05-2024, 08:38 AM)Oasis Wrote:  Too many opposition parties
In Malaysia too many parties too
They make UMNO weaker
WP will not accept other parties to form one united opposition party.

Too early to announce which SMC or GRC they will be contested
PAP knows how to play good chess, many good Jūnshī and better political candidates 
PAP still a better choice to rule the country.
Vote good and reliable candidates and not liar into parliament.

WP officially declared they only want to be the party with minority seats in parliament. 
Cannot rule Singapore. 
Only the PAP is capable to rule Singapore...😊
WP not capable enough to do the job!!!
Game over.

Let's all opposition voters know, the only way to change Singapore is to vote PSP and Coalition party.
TCB and the rest have the iron to take over PAP!!!!
Be the Singaporean Government after the next Election 😉.

(20-05-2024, 11:51 AM)moonrab Wrote:  WP officially declared they only want to be the party with minority seats in parliament. 
Cannot rule Singapore. 
Only the PAP is capable to rule Singapore...😊
WP not capable enough to do the job!!!
Game over.

Let's all opposition voters know, the only way to change Singapore is to vote PSP and Coalition party.
TCB and the rest have the iron to take over PAP!!!!
Be the Singaporean Government after the next Election 😉.

Someone No more foo mee har to brag liao

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely

[Image: Fix-Up.jpg]

(20-05-2024, 12:59 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely

[Image: Fix-Up.jpg]

No need to fix anymore. 
Opposition kick him out, take over government 🤣
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

If the Oppositions can take 3 or more GRCs and this shd be good enough. Plus 2 single wards.

(20-05-2024, 01:35 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  If the Oppositions can take 3 or more GRCs and this shd be good enough. Plus 2 single wards.

U think harvest durians so easy?

☝️

(20-05-2024, 01:35 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  If the Oppositions can take 3 or more GRCs and this shd be good enough. Plus 2 single wards.

Name me those oppositions that have the calibre to deserve our votes?
For me other than SDP .... the rest can go sleep with snake

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

(20-05-2024, 01:13 PM)moonrab Wrote:  No need to fix anymore. 
Opposition kick him out, take over government 🤣

Why suddenly u hate him 
Never heard that bef
Something angry?

☝️

(20-05-2024, 01:37 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Name me those oppositions that have the calibre to deserve our votes?
For me other than SDP .... the rest can go sleep with snake
Vote wisely or suffer for another 5 years 
lol

☝️

(20-05-2024, 01:41 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Vote wisely or suffer for another 5 years 
lol

I voted for oppie last round .... give me no hope, only talk nonsense and keep ownself shoot ownself .... tell me why I should give my votes to sleep with snake monkeys again

(20-05-2024, 10:43 AM)Ernesto Wrote:  Cannot win. Since when Singaporean willing and dare to take challenges? Most only  love to be "abused" and complain.

During the run up to every GE for the past few decades, the ruling party has been accused of unfair electoral practices such as gerrymandering, to maintain a significant majority in Parliament. 
As the Elections Dept is not an independent body, but forms part of the executive branch under the PM, critics opine that it enables the incumbent party to decide electoral boundaries, based on poll results in the previous election.
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(20-05-2024, 01:41 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Vote wisely or suffer for another 5 years lol

The Opposition cannot win because of gerrymandering which establishes a political advantage for the incumbent by influencing electoral boundaries to create partisan advantaged districts. Such electoral engineering appears to hand the ruling party the upper hand at the elections. Ruling incumbents adopt gerrymandering to redraw the electoral map to give them a disproportionate leg up. However, such a practice is not confined to Singapore. Gerrymandering is practiced in countries such as Malaysia, Philippines, Nepal, Sudan, Malta, Lithuania and Greece etc. where the ruling party is responsible for defining constituency boundaries. Surprisingly, even Western democracies like France, Germany and the US gerrymander to maximise the effect of supporters' votes and minimise the effect of opposing ones.

Gerrymandering is accomplished by spreading voters of a particular persuasion among several constituencies to deny them an influential voting bloc in a particular area. If voters who previously supported the opposition are split among several wards which were pro-ruling party at the last election, the presumption is that the incumbent will triumph in that redrawn political boundary. Manipulating electoral boundaries is effective because of the “wasted vote” effect. By moving geographic boundaries, the ruling party packs opposition voters into a few constituencies that the opposition will likely win, wasting those extra votes. Remaining wards are more tightly constructed, with the opposition party permitted bare minority support. These constituencies constitute the majority of wards and are drawn to produce a result favouring the incumbent party.

Impossible, even want to win one more GRC ish already struggling.

In fact, the chance of opp losing more seats in a Sinkapore erection ish always much higher than them wining more. Because realistically speaking the 601 mandate wont change much one, not to mention most sinkie regardless of young or old still had the bad habit of always kpkb about PAP but still continue to vote for PAP. Sad

There was a time when the country asked ordinary men to do extraordinary things.

But now, they'll only do it for money.
[+] 1 user Likes Soulhacker's post

(19-05-2024, 06:16 PM)winbig Wrote:  Those buay kan oppos like lim tean and gang better don't come out to sabo the oppos.
Lim Tean and those hopeless parties , who hv never garner even 10% of votes for past decades shd back-off. Don’t let votes scattered and let prominent Oppositions parties like SDP, PSP and WP at a losing end.

(19-05-2024, 07:19 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Please lah …. name me ONE opposition other than CSJ & Tambyah can make it … go parliament talk cok clever wasted my support and votes all these years ….. this erection I may just vote for PAP Angry  
Every cloud hv a silver lining. Not forgetting that pap also once before an opposition party. If only Opposition Party gets a majority mandate, then we hv something to talk abt.

(20-05-2024, 02:53 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  Every cloud hv a silver lining. Not forgetting that pap also once before an opposition party. If only Opposition Party gets a majority mandate, then we hv something to talk abt.

We talk about the now and the present lah ... oppoe lucky if they dun lose 1/2 of the current seats

(20-05-2024, 03:03 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  We talk about the now and the present lah ... oppoe lucky if they dun lose 1/2 of the current seats
Now 
No more Chiam  see tong,low Thia Kia the capable leaders of Oppo 
PSP is new formed yet to learn more skill in winning the voters over.

☝️

I will vote for them, regardless.
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

(20-05-2024, 01:40 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Why suddenly u hate him 
Never heard that bef
Something angry?

I never hate him la..🤭
But topple ruling party is the sacred job of Opposition party.
So there is no need for him to fix anyone anymore 🤣

Singapore still have opposition party? Thought when Dr. Lee Siew Choh (Dr) of Barisan Sosialis leader walked out of Singapore Parliament in 1965, they were quickly replaced. No more opposition party anymore? Dr. Lee Siew Choh once gave a seven-and-a-half hours speech spanning two days, opposing the proposed merger with Malaya.

(19-05-2024, 06:15 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Yes, when GCT took over from LKY, PAP lost many votes.
So the up coming Election, WP or Opposition coalition have high chance to topple PAP..

Unless they purposely contest in fewer constituents and let PAP has the majority seats..🤭
Hello, how GCT lose also 2 SMC max. 2 oppo in parliament only. Like call lost many votes ah?

just do not compete with one another opposition in the same district like in the past

vote dilution will make pap stronger

(20-05-2024, 08:57 PM)Buffybuffy Wrote:  Hello, how GCT lose also 2 SMC max. 2 oppo in parliament only. Like call lost many votes ah?

Most constituents vote for PAP dropped
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post