Canada expels Chinese diplomat accused of targeting lawmaker

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/c...023-05-08/

i though that is a fair game, something they call lobbying

This Canadian uncle tells you what's happening:

野猫论政 536:突发事件 - 加拿大驱逐一名中国外交官

[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

(09-05-2023, 07:45 AM)CHAOS Wrote:  https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/c...023-05-08/

Canada is somewhat similar to the previous Australia under Scott Morrison - most of these shiit stirring actions are actually not targeted at China, but for domestic election purposes. 

No matter the topic at hand, the underlying theme is always the same - to sell to the general Canadian voters that Canada is some sort of world power at the forefront of a geopolitical struggle. 

From a strategic point of view, it's a laughable idea that the Chinese government will expend political capital and mobilize its security apparatus to deal with a never head before MP from an inconsequential country like Canada. This case is very similar to Trudeau spinning a 5 minute hi bye chat with Xi at the corridor into some sort of gungho Canadian heroism.

The problem facing many of these hardcore US allied countries who perform such stunts is the strategic competition between US and China is a vie for influence in the rest of the world amongst ruling elites such as national leaders, seasoned senior bureaucrats, high level think tanks and senior executives of top corporations. Such common election campaigning stunts not only look very childish in the eyes of the elites, they erode whatever confidence left as it will most likely be seen as a mark of desperation.

US and its close allies are competing with China as if they are running for internal elections, i.e. shoot out sexy soundbites, perform a few inconsequential stunts and have the media sensationalize them, photo-ops military equipment, invent sexy acronyms for all sorts of small groups etc. These are actions useful when dealing with a largely ignorant and/or apathic masses, but are totally ill-suited when it comes to geopolitics and foreign policy.

Chinese diplomat.

It's so obvious that this refers to a citizen of China and not a sinkie who goes around screaming I am Chinese! I am Chinese!

Really very sia suay.

Race: Han
Nationality: Singaporean

Yet some sinkies went around claiming to be Chinese except that when at a Chinese airport, they know where they should not be lining up wor.  Rolleyes
[+] 2 users Like Oyk's post

(09-05-2023, 10:50 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Chinese diplomat.

It's so obvious that this refers to a citizen of China and not a sinkie who goes around screaming I am Chinese! I am Chinese!

Really very sia suay.

Yet some sinkies went around claiming to be Chinese except that when at a Chinese airport, they know where they should not be lining up wor.  Rolleyes

Your parents and grand-parents not of Chinese origin?

Really very sia suay.

Then please don't go China Taiwan Macau and HK.

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

(09-05-2023, 07:45 AM)CHAOS Wrote:  https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/c...023-05-08/

China again ah! Big Grin

(09-05-2023, 10:57 AM)Dan Wrote:  Your parents and grand-parents not of Chinese origin?

Of Han origin. My parents were born here and were Singaporeans. My grandparents were born in in China and were Chinese.. do you follow?  crying

(09-05-2023, 10:59 AM)Niubee Wrote:  Then please don't go China Taiwan Macau and HK.

They don't welcome Singaporean tourists?

(09-05-2023, 11:42 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Of Han origin. My parents were born here and were Singaporeans. My grandparents were born in in China and were Chinese.. do you follow?  crying

So you have your grand-father's blood in you right?

(09-05-2023, 11:44 AM)Dan Wrote:  So you have your grand-father's blood in you right?

I do have Han blood. But I don't have a "Chinese" 身份证 wor.  Rolleyes

Really very sia suay.

My race is Chinese on my NRIC and I'm a Singapore Chinese lah! Big Grin Not China Chinese lah!

Really very sia suay.

This post of mine received Likes from two of the most well respected members of SgTalk.

Speaks volumes... Wink
[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

(09-05-2023, 11:51 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  My race is Chinese on my NRIC and my nationality is Singaporean lah! Big Grin Not China Chinese lah!
  • The Old Guards got it wrong. Singapore does not allow dual citizenship. Neither does China...  Rolleyes
[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

(09-05-2023, 11:55 AM)Oyk Wrote:  
  • The Old Guards got it wrong. Singapore does not allow dual citizenship. Neither does China...  Rolleyes

You are smarter than Lee KY and his team?  vomit

(09-05-2023, 11:42 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Of Han origin. My parents were born here and were Singaporeans. My grandparents were born in in China and were Chinese.. do you follow?  crying

(09-05-2023, 11:49 AM)Oyk Wrote:  I do have Han blood. But I don't have a "Chinese" 身份证 wor.  Rolleyes

What has ID got to do with blood? Which hospital you went to change your blood to Han? Did you tell your grandpa before he died about the blood transfusion?

(09-05-2023, 11:55 AM)Oyk Wrote:  

If you're not sure go and check your NRIC card or Birth Cert or Singapore Passport lah! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

So ermao always put han on his immigration forms and kena scolded jialat jialat? No wonder he aso mad Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

活了一大把年纪还傻傻分不清 Laughing
[+] 2 users Like WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(09-05-2023, 02:25 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  So ermao always put han on his immigration forms and kena scolded jialat jialat? No wonder he aso mad Laughing

Why must put han leh?  Thinking Han dynasty no more liao lah! Big Grin

(09-05-2023, 02:26 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  活了一大把年纪还傻傻分不清 Laughing

你是汉朝人吗?  Thinking

No wonder the immigration systems always show "成何体统 - cannot enter system"

(09-05-2023, 02:28 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  你是汉朝人吗?  Thinking

你也不小了,还成何体统?
[+] 2 users Like WhatDoYouThink!'s post