Will Singapore healthcare system collapse?

(28-10-2021, 09:10 PM)Instinct Wrote:  Won't lah. If the cases go up massively, then hospital will only be reserved for very very severe cases. NTUC will start selling oxygen tanks for the rest to do home recovery. 😱 😜

Oxygen tanks are plenty, not a problem, the problem is with ventilators, do we have enough ventilators for ICU patients? this was a big problem in many countries like Italy, Britain, India and the USA last year. Due to shortage of ventilators, in some countries they let 3 patients share one ventilator, and the US airforce stole  500k ventilators from Italy, remember?

(28-10-2021, 09:30 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Oxygen tanks are plenty, not a problem, the problem is with ventilators, do we have enough ventilators for ICU patients? this was a big problem in many countries like Italy, Britain, India and the USA last year. Due to shortage of ventilators, in some countries they let 3 patients share one ventilator, and the US airforce stole  500k ventilators from Italy, remember?

Sis. you are right to say that not only we need oxygen tanks, but also ventilators. You also can remember the incident where the US had 'robbed' the Italian of their ventilators...... Angry

(28-10-2021, 09:34 PM)debono Wrote:  Sis. you are right to say that not only we need oxygen tanks, but also ventilators. You also can remember the incident where the US had 'robbed' the Italian of their ventilators...... Angry

Yalar, ventilators are very important, many countries fight for them.

(28-10-2021, 09:37 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Yalar, ventilators are very important, many countries fight for them.

I think ventilators can be produce cheaply, as there is an Indian engineer who had invented a cheap version of ventilators...... nudie
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(28-10-2021, 07:14 PM)singlon Wrote:  https://www.afinalwarning.com/566224.html
[Image: Screenshot-2021-10-28-at-19-17-05-Emerge...-suffe.png]

It will be a nightmare if the organ failures are really related to vaccinations and when new vaccine-resistant mutants become more widespread -- the immune system had wasted energy to produce irrelevant antibodies.

Coronavirus A.30 variant ‘efficiently evades’ antibodies induced by Pfizer & AstraZeneca vaccines – lab study 
https://www.rt.com/news/538695-coronavir...ntibodies/
Quote:The A.30 variant of the coronavirus, detected in Angola and Sweden, is highly resistant to antibodies induced by the Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines, a new lab study has shown.

A team from Germany looked at the rare A.30 variant that was first recorded in Tanzania and later detected in several patients in Angola and Sweden this spring... According to the study published in the peer-reviewed journal Cellular & Molecular Immunology this week, the A.30 variant showed improved ability to enter most host cells, including kidney, liver, and lung cells. 

The mutation “enters certain cell lines with increased efficiency and evades antibody-mediated neutralization,” the study found.

(28-10-2021, 10:07 PM)sgxin Wrote:  It will be a nightmare if the organ failures are really related to vaccinations and when new vaccine-resistant mutants become more widespread -- the immune system had wasted energy to produce irrelevant antibodies.

Coronavirus A.30 variant ‘efficiently evades’ antibodies induced by Pfizer & AstraZeneca vaccines – lab study 
https://www.rt.com/news/538695-coronavir...ntibodies/

Bro., thank you for your inputs, it sure is educational... Clapping

(28-10-2021, 01:52 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  This strategy is totally wrong.  It is outrageous.  Those infected shd be quarantined at community areas instead of letting them infect others in the same household.

Because they quarantine you, need to pay for your food and lodging.. You quarantine at home, you pay for your own food and lodging..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..