Cham liao: Singapore home sales fall to 15-year low as market cools

SINGAPORE (Bloomberg): Singapore new private home sales fell in 2023 to the lowest in 15 years, as housing curbs and weakening economic conditions began to weigh on the market.

Just 6,671 units were sold by developers last year, figures released by the Urban Redevelopment Authority showed Monday. December sales dropped to 135, less than a fifth of what was sold a month earlier.

The annual figure is down nearly 10% from the year before and is the lowest since 2008, providing further signs of a cooling market.

Singapore has so far avoided the worst of a global housing downturn, but the sector is increasingly being dragged down by real estate purchasing curbs and a slowing economy.

https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/ase...rket-cools

Singapore condo prices will keep going up basically it is very hard to lose buying property in Singapore.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Up also complain. 
Down also complain..🤣
Better let the market do the job...
Buy base on your own pocket's depth 🤭

(16-01-2024, 10:14 AM)Stoki Wrote:  SINGAPORE (Bloomberg): Singapore new private home sales fell in 2023 to the lowest in 15 years, as housing curbs and weakening economic conditions began to weigh on the market.

The truth is that our Govt finally decided to get serious about apprehending foreign money launderers in SG.

(16-01-2024, 10:35 AM)moonrab Wrote:  Up also complain. Down also complain. Better let the market do the job. Buy base on your own pocket's depth.

[Image: Money_Laundering_Cycle.png]

(16-01-2024, 10:38 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  [Image: Money_Laundering_Cycle.png]

That's is the reason Ministry of Law beating up regulatory standards in countering ML.
In every countries, it is also a part of the property market movements.

Home prices went up 6.7% last yr, maybe another 4% this yr

Song boh?

[Image: Screenshot-2024-01-16-11-42-45-92-40deb4...480b12.jpg]

That's the reserve residences at upper bt. Gd location. Lh at about $2500 psf. Expected to go up when top in 2yrs

When Fed slash rate, end game is coming…

Bond or USD , which one will uplorry?
Any guess?

No govt dare to save property market except Japan?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

One Holland a similar lh integrated development was $2200 psf bef COVID, now $2500 - $3200 psf. Song song gao Holland

Buy HDB better. Why you all want to pay $500-$900 for the maintenance fees per month when you hardly use the facilities. More over CCTV is everywhere and therefore living in HDB is very safe. Also HDB has bigger space as compared to pigeon hole space in condo.

Thats true for own stay. But with so many restrictions, difficult to invest - either for renting, reselling, or for children's future stays

where got chiam 
chiam are those need to pay more n more property tax on self stay hdb flats not renting out yet implicated by crazy rising hdb flats

drop another 10-20%  then we will pay lower property tax

I sold my gcb with a lost of S$2M last month.

(16-01-2024, 12:01 PM)Stoki Wrote:  Buy HDB better. Why you all want to pay $500-$900 for the maintenance fees per month when you hardly use the facilities. More over CCTV is everywhere and therefore living in HDB is very safe. Also HDB has bigger space as compared to pigeon hole space in condo.

u know the best hdb type of flats to stay are those of executive flat(1 storey)type not masinotee type of 2 storeys 
the area is >1700sq flat w a v big living room n balcony

(16-01-2024, 02:22 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  I sold my gcb with a lost of S$2M last month.

[Image: 327-3279942-F...k-you-hd-png-download.png]

not chiam yet

many sme already feeling pessimistic worried  on rising costs akang datang

60% stamp duty, you pay sure kena investigated.