China: 900M earn less than $400 a month.....

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

RFA : own by CIA

their 400/m is more powerful than yr 4000/m
[+] 2 users Like WhatDoYouThink?'s post

Aiyoh!

Since China is so so poor, USA no need to worry about China lor!

(26-09-2021, 09:39 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Aiyoh!

Since China is so so poor, USA no need to worry about China lor!

China economically may be poor, but their military might is a force to be reckoned with....

(26-09-2021, 09:42 PM)debono Wrote:  China economically may be poor, but their military might is a force to be reckoned with....

Economically very poor so no money to pay for military development!

So no worry!
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

(26-09-2021, 09:45 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Economically very poor so no money to pay for military development!

So no worry!

The people there may be poor but the govt. has lots of money for the military hardwares.

(26-09-2021, 09:47 PM)debono Wrote:  The people there may be poor but the govt. has lots of money for the military hardwares.

You contradict yourself. When people are very poor, government gets money from where? Money falls from sky?  Thinking

(26-09-2021, 09:54 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  You contradict yourself. When people are very poor, government gets money from where? Money falls from sky?  Thinking

The  govt, gets money from corporate taxes and business deals.....

(26-09-2021, 09:57 PM)debono Wrote:  The  govt, gets money from corporate taxes and business deals.....

Your accounting failed!  Rotfl

us dollar? Only can say us dollar over value.

If you insist to live in remote areas or in mountains, the income of course very little. Nothing to trade with others. But food, housing can be free. In mountains of course very hard to have electricity. but not totally impossible. If rich can also live with own wind turbine, satellite disc, water supply, transport, plantations.

Western China is still poor. About 30millions are below USD 1.9 per day.

China need to work harder...

Smile

The other day I saw one electric car there cost only $4,500 which most forum.members estimated wud cost average $60,000 in Singapore. Basing on this, the value of their $400 there cud be equivalent to $5,000 here. So no need to feel sad for the Chinese. I think they are doing alright ....... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 2 users Like Huliwang's post
Rainbow 

(27-09-2021, 04:53 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  The other day I saw one electric car there cost only $4,500 which most forum.members estimated wud cost average $60,000 in Singapore. Basing on this, the value of their $400 there cud be equivalent to $5,000 here. So no need to feel sad for the Chinese. I think they are doing alright ....... Rolleyes
Agreed. China can take care of her people. Forumers here take care of yourselves!
[+] 1 user Likes sporeguy's post

ah butt very gratified to know he fares better than 900m chinese!

(26-09-2021, 09:42 PM)debono Wrote:  China economically may be poor, but their military might is a force to be reckoned with....
Do you know China has over taken US and now has become  科学大国? This record has never been broken since 1950s. Very soon, you will see Noble prize winner will be from China.

China is rising, US is declining....

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(26-09-2021, 09:36 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  

even if they earn $400 per month, it is convertible to 2000 RMB so not too bad. dont use our living std here to compare those in china. I rmb years back singaporean household income less than 2000, so sustainable income is relative to your living std in that country. Not forgetting Singapore is the SWISS living standard so you need higher income to survive. LOL

I think many of you are over-estimating how much $400 can buy in China nowadays. In the major cities, the cost of renting a bedroom in the working-class non-central suburbs is already $400/month. Property rental/purchase is their number one killer cost.

(27-09-2021, 10:04 AM)starbugs Wrote:  I think many of you are over-estimating how much $400 can buy in China nowadays. In the major cities, the cost of renting a bedroom in the working-class non-central suburbs is already $400/month. Property rental/purchase is their number one killer cost.

You are absolutely right.

China is still very very poor. Assmerica's worry over China is completely unnecessary!  Big Grin

If you're from the outskirts, expenses are low,. If you're in Shanghai or Bejing, a few thousand also not enough.

aiya they have been poor for thousands of years, why now suddenly worry about them? shd worry more for your cousins back in mumbai right?!

(27-09-2021, 04:53 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  The other day I saw one electric car there cost only $4,500 which most forum.members estimated wud cost average $60,000 in Singapore. Basing on this, the value of their $400 there cud be equivalent to $5,000 here. So no need to feel sad for the Chinese. I think they are doing alright ....... Rolleyes

Really meh. Last time I wanted to buy a car there. The car cost more than $150k RMB.

(27-09-2021, 12:47 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Really meh. Last time I wanted to buy a car there. The car cost more than $150k RMB.

Yeah recall Suzhou colleague mentioned his VW Passat local made, cost 250K RMB

(27-09-2021, 12:47 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Really meh. Last time I wanted to buy a car there. The car cost more than $150k RMB.

The car is somewhere in this forum but you can also see it by Google search. By the way what car you wanted to buy that cost RMB150,000 and how much you got to pay to own and drive it  in Singapore?...... Thinking

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(27-09-2021, 01:09 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  The car is somewhere in this forum but you can also see it by Google search. By the way what car you wanted to buy that cost RMB150,000 and how much you got to pay to own and drive it  in Singapore?...... Thinking

Can't remember the exact model except that it's Honda. Of cos the same car would have cost more than $100k Sing dollars.

(26-09-2021, 09:54 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  You contradict yourself. When people are very poor, government gets money from where? Money falls from sky?  Thinking

if there is 1 billion people, each comes out $10 will make $10 billions.

simple maths.

(26-09-2021, 09:36 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  
More than 850 million Chinese were lifted out of poverty.  So that left with 550 million people out of 1.4 million. These figures assume all 1.4 million Chinese were below the poverty line before the 850 million Chinese were lifted out of poverty.  This is highly unlikely.  

So the figure of 900 million is confusing or a different yardstick is applied.

Anyway, China GDP measured using Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) already exceeds that of the US.  This really matters as the Chinese have more purchasing power than their US counterpart.