US market recovery or dead cat bounce - my warning plse heed

1. Many companies are announcing earnings.
[Image: GH8e4y9.jpg]

2. Fed will hike rates by 75 basis points.

Many analysts are divided. Singapore's most popular 1M65 guru Mr. Loo says recovery is here.

For me, I am reminded of the post 2000 selloff. There were 6 dead cat bounce each time investors thought recovery on the way.

When he real recovery came stocks were cheap and investors skeptical and recovery was very slow compared with dead cat bounce.

The problem with the current bounce in US stocks...is they are not cheap and become expensive if they rise more....the headwinds like earnings decline and recession are just at the beginning.

I am.less worried about inflation now given  commodity prices have fallen but other problems are emerging.

I just don't see a case for buying long term

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(25-07-2022, 08:54 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  1. Many companies are announcing earnings.
[Image: GH8e4y9.jpg]

2. Fed will hike rates by 75 basis points.

Many analysts are divided. Singapore's most popular 1M65 guru Mr. Loo says recovery is here.

For me, I am reminded of the post 2000 selloff. There were 6 dead cat bounce each time investors thought recovery on the way.

When he real recovery came stocks were cheap and investors skeptical and recovery was very slow compared with dead cat bounce.

The problem with the current bounce in US stocks...is they are not cheap and become expensive if they rise more....the headwinds like earnings decline and recession are just at the beginning.

I am.less worried about inflation now given  commodity prices have fallen but other problems are emerging.

I just don't see a case for buying long term

This wed is a rally