China Deflation : I decided to buy a belt...this is what happened

(20-01-2024, 03:20 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  If the $1.50 belt can last 3 to 6 months...buying 10 at $11.50 to last 2 to 4 years is still very cheap and good buy!

Yup! My belt cost $10. Its still in good condition after 2 years.

most likely Business in disress cannot compute liquidate
of cos it can get complicated like how after liquidation say amt are leverage in the derivative market say by 50X
China no fools still growing at 5.2% exporting deflation to the west who need inflation to wipeout their borrowings

In this game US national debts 21/22 increased by 6T
from now to 2033 another 20T needed.
at that time social security completely Empty and payout needless to say cannot be done.

(20-01-2024, 03:20 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  If the $1.50 belt can last 3 to 6 months...buying 10 at $11.50 to last 2 to 4 years is still very cheap and good buy!

My leather Timberland belt cost me US$25 (S$33.50) in LA, and has lasted me for the past 11 years.  That same belt costs S$99 in S'pore. 

(20-01-2024, 03:32 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  My leather Timberland belt cost me US$25 (S$33.50) in LA, and has lasted me for the past 11 years.  That same belt costs S$99 in S'pore. 

No wear and tear?? Sure got funny smell liao!

(20-01-2024, 03:40 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  No wear and tear?? Sure got funny smell liao!

As it is genuine cowhide leather, I maintain it with mink oil over the weekend before wearing it to the office on weekdays. There is some wear and tear, but I have 5 belts in total which I rotate, so they last longer.   

So many countries produce belts, but ah butt die die must buy mic.

Ermaos so dependent on china eh?

(20-01-2024, 05:37 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  So many countries produce belts, but ah butt die die must buy mic.

Ermaos so dependent on china eh?

嘴巴整天抹黑中国。
身体确很诚实。 Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(20-01-2024, 12:56 PM)sgh Wrote:  I buy before lar. To be honest don't last long maybe 3-6 months. So I trial and error and get those around $3-5 range last longer maybe 2 years then need change new belt. So price related to quality at least for men belt as I got experience need wear to work.

U should buy nylon rope belt.

Smile

Ahbutt got stomach deflation after shorting the market, that's why need to wear belt. 🤣

(20-01-2024, 03:32 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  My leather Timberland belt cost me US$25 (S$33.50) in LA, and has lasted me for the past 11 years.  That same belt costs S$99 in S'pore. 

But you see the same belt for 10 years not tired meh? So buy cheaper can change design every say 1-2 years shiok for some ppl like me hehe

(20-01-2024, 05:10 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  As it is genuine cowhide leather, I maintain it with mink oil over the weekend before wearing it to the office on weekdays. There is some wear and tear, but I have 5 belts in total which I rotate, so they last longer.   

Wah...u ask 100 people on the road and likely 99 will say they do no maintenance to their belts at all...Wear and tear just throw and buy...

You are a meticulous person going to the extend of oiling your belt...I guess back in the army..your rifle must be darn clean and your boots must be darn kilat! Big Grin

Got people oil the belt?

(19-01-2024, 05:30 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I see people complaining about $80/box of bak kwa for this CNY. Don't fret soon it will be $100 at the rate we are going

Make yourself happy. China deflation js our gain.
Today the belt which I used for 5 yrs plastic buckle broke.

I went yo Lazada to shop....

[Image: Qj8ti4v.jpg]

Yes $1.50 with automatic buckle  ....

Cheap materials... The buckle will decolorize and start to rust soon

(20-01-2024, 08:11 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Wah...u ask 100 people on the road and likely 99 will say they do no maintenance to their belts at all...Wear and tear just throw and buy...
You are a meticulous person going to the extend of oiling your belt...I guess back in the army..your rifle must be darn clean and your boots must be darn kilat!

A genuine leather Timberland belt is worth maintaining.  I doubt that I will visit LA again to purchase this item at such a reasonable price.  Since I didn't pay for my boots and rifle during NS, I was never meticulous when maintaining either.

(20-01-2024, 09:17 PM)theold Wrote:  Got people oil the belt?

Mink oil is more like a paste.  It keeps the genuine leather belt from cracking or discolouring.

(20-01-2024, 08:02 PM)sgh Wrote:  But you see the same belt for 10 years not tired meh? So buy cheaper can change design every say 1-2 years shiok for some ppl like me hehe

S$99 in S'pore, but a fraction of that price in LA.  I probably won't be flying there again in this lifetime.

(19-01-2024, 05:42 PM)webinarian Wrote:        
Chinese goods not lasting?  

Why European specified for iPhones made in China instead of iPhone made in India?  

must see what brand..................if China brand and cheap.............sure not lasting .............

(19-01-2024, 05:30 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I see people complaining about $80/box of bak kwa for this CNY. Don't fret soon it will be $100 at the rate we are going

Make yourself happy. China deflation js our gain.
Today the belt which I used for 5 yrs plastic buckle broke.

I went yo Lazada to shop....

[Image: Qj8ti4v.jpg]

Yes $1.50 with automatic buckle  ....

To save even more use string lah..

why u need belt?? u no eat vy thin??? scare yr pant drop off and yr kkj fly away..LOL