Netizens offended by Lawrence's Vesak Day post...

PM is a clown, he can basically dress anything, even can wear like a Buddha.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(22-05-2024, 06:26 PM)Oyk Wrote:  If young Christians think that by bowing, you are not showing respect but worshipping the dead , then it's better not to bow. Just viewing the body if it's an open coffin and the family allows it is good enough lorh. As a side note, if only all men respect the living like they respect the dead, this world would be so much more peaceful. Why is it that we must wait for someone to be dead before we make a (belated) bow of respect? Or are we saying that we respect Death more than Life?  Or to put it in another way.... what does bowing to a body which the original inhabitant is no longer residing in does? The real person whom we used to call Sally/Judy/Lilian/whatever is no longer in it. The spirit has departed and that body has begun to decay and rot and wilk become dust.

Being dogmatic to follow a set of rules no matter what will cause division. It is extremely clear to all present that by politely declining to hold the joss sticks, I am making a stand. However, the act of bowing to the deceased is a mark of respect (no more). Refusing to do both would be akin to inviting criticism and even scorn from others at the wake.  

(22-05-2024, 06:26 PM)Oyk Wrote:  If young Christians think that by bowing, you are not showing respect but worshipping the dead , then it's better not to bow. Just viewing the body if it's an open coffin and the family allows it is good enough lorh. 

As a side note, if only all men respect the living like they respect the dead, this world would be so much more peaceful. Why is it that we must wait for someone to be dead before we make a (belated) bow of respect? Or are we saying that we respect Death more than Life? 

Or to put it in another way.... what does bowing to a body which the original inhabitant is no longer residing in does? The real person whom we used to call Sally/Judy/Lilian/whatever is no longer in it. The spirit has departed and that body has begun to decay and rot and wilk become dust.

When my parents passed away I refused to bow down to their dead bodies lah! Big Grin The Bible is against such rituals so I better obey lah! Relatives called me all kinds of things nevermind lah! Now they call cut off from me liao lah! Angry

(23-05-2024, 09:51 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  When my parents passed away I refused to bow down to their dead bodies lah! Big Grin The Bible is against such rituals so I better obey lah! Relatives called me all kinds of things nevermind lah! Now they call cut off from me liao lah! Angry

They cut off your kkj?  Confused

Bow is ok lah.  Hold joss stick then cannot.  Just my personal opinion.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(23-05-2024, 09:59 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  They cut off your kkj?  Confused

Bow is ok lah.  Hold joss stick then cannot.  Just my personal opinion.

Cut off relationship lah! Big Grin No more talking lah!
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

(23-05-2024, 10:03 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Cut off relationship lah! Big Grin No more talking lah!

Cut off kkj??? 😱
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

(23-05-2024, 10:03 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Cut off relationship lah! Big Grin No more talking lah!

Talk to yourself loh

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(23-05-2024, 08:49 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Being dogmatic to follow a set of rules no matter what will cause division. It is extremely clear to all present that by politely declining to hold the joss sticks, I am making a stand. However, the act of bowing to the deceased is a mark of respect (no more). Refusing to do both would be akin to inviting criticism and even scorn from others at the wake.  

Criticism and scorn are forms of persecution.

One could even be crucified upside down for his faith.

Others may say you are being dogmatic, uncompromising, stubborn, not filial, braindead but these words apply in the other direction as well. Why are they so dogmatic about insisting that you bow? Cannot they respect your religion? Who is greater? God or Man? Whom/what do you obey? God's Commandment or Man's?

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love
[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

Ali will also be cut off from his community if he becomes a Christian and calls himself Paul or Joshua. Big Grin

(23-05-2024, 10:06 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Talk to yourself loh

Only laughing wolf does that。 Big Grin

(23-05-2024, 10:33 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Criticism and scorn are forms of persecution.One could even be crucified upside down for his faith.Others may say you are being dogmatic, uncompromising, stubborn, not filial, braindead but these words apply in the other direction as well. Why are they so dogmatic about insisting that you bow? Cannot they respect your religion? Who is greater? God or Man? Whom/what do you obey? God's Commandment or Man's?

When the Pharisees saw Jesus was having dinner at Matthew's house, where many tax collectors and sinners came and ate with him and his disciples. The Pharisees asked His disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?” On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick."

(23-05-2024, 10:38 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Only laughing wolf does that。 Big Grin

Lol

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️