Netizens offended by Lawrence's Vesak Day post...

(22-05-2024, 11:35 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I always avoid fortune tellers lah! Big Grin

They are scammers who prey on peepur's fears, supersttions and greed.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(22-05-2024, 01:21 PM)sgh Wrote:  Obviously Christianity split into many camps. One I get in touch tell me otherwise. Step inside those places your feet get burned. Btw can you hold joss sticks? Say your parents funeral ask you hold you ok? Hold already Sunday go back Church and repent so minus off the sins.

In all honesty, I do not believe that the holding of joss sticks shows any disrespect to Jesus. I am not devoting myself to another idol by doing so, but am merely showing respect. How can the symbolic act of holding joss sticks change my heart which is with my Lord Jesus? Nothing changes so how can it be considered sinful? Fortunately, I will not be in that situation because after I accepted Christ as my Saviour, my parents also became Christians a few years later. I also married a Christian wife who has Christian parents.
[+] 2 users Like EvertonDiehard's post

(22-05-2024, 01:29 PM)Oyk Wrote:  They are scammers who prey on peepur's fears, superstations and greed.

If fortune tellers are so good at telling the future, they wouldn't need to work as fortune tellers! LOL!
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(22-05-2024, 01:21 PM)sgh Wrote:  Obviously Christianity split into many camps. One I get in touch tell me otherwise. Step inside those places your feet get burned.

Btw can you hold joss sticks? Say your parents funeral ask you hold you ok? Hold already Sunday go back Church and repent so minus off the sins.

Another point of contention is whether or not Christians can even eat the food that's been offered to idols.

And the answer is this: an idol is an inanimate object made of wood, ceramic, bronze, or whatever.  If food is offered to it, it is offered to nothing but an object of wood, ceramic or bronze.  What's wrong to eat it?  

But some peepur really believe that eating the food is indirectly worshipping another god, and because their faith and understanding are weak, we do not eat it.

We do not want to cause alarm in well-meaning relatives and friends who think that we will cause two gods to clash, if you pray to one, you cannot pray to another, that sort of thing....we also do not want them to think that it is perfectly ok to be worshipping two or more god besides God, and Yahweh will not mind.

We need to be clear.  Worship belongs only to God.  Other than that, God is not concerned about external appearances.  You can eat anything you want.

So holding joss sticks as a way to pray or to show respect?  For most peepur, it means to pray, so I will not hold joss sticks, make some bowing actions with my hands in front of whatever, and stick these into the joss sticks holder.  Yet there are some like bastardlo2 who denies that he is praying to Buddha and only showing respect.  Here again, I would not hold joss sticks to show respect to Siddharta because he started a religion that is not the Way of Jesus.  What is there about him for me to respect?

(22-05-2024, 02:12 PM)Oyk Wrote:  So holding joss sticks as a way to pray or to show respect?  For most peepur, it means to pray, so I will not hold joss sticks, make some bowing actions with my hands in front of whatever, and stick these into the joss sticks holder.  Yet there are some like bastardlo2 who denies that he is praying to Buddha and only showing respect.  Here again, I would not hold joss sticks to show respect to Siddharta because he started a religion that is not the Way of Jesus.  What is there about him for me to respect?

If I am asked to hold joss sticks at a temple that I am visiting, I would refuse. Since my parents and in-laws are all Christians, I wouldn't be pressured to do so when they pass on. I was once asked if I wanted to hold joss sticks at a colleague's mom's wake. I politely declined and merely bowed to the photo of his mom as a mark of respect. I did so because there were young Christian colleagues present whom I didn't wish to stumble. 

(22-05-2024, 02:23 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  If I am asked to hold joss sticks at a temple that I am visiting, I would refuse. Since my parents and in-laws are all Christians, I wouldn't be pressured to do so when they pass on. I was once asked if I wanted to hold joss sticks at a colleague's mom's wake. I politely declined and merely bowed to the photo of his mom as a mark of respect. I did so because there were young Christian colleagues present whom I didn't wish to stumble. 

Your parents maybe Christians but what about their siblings? Say you attend funeral of your parents siblings who are not Christian you hold joss stick? Some is same surname as you.

(22-05-2024, 02:27 PM)sgh Wrote:  Your parents maybe Christians but what about their siblings? Say you attend funeral of your parents siblings who are not Christian you hold joss stick? Some is same surname as you.

In all honesty, none of my uncles and aunties or my cousins ever put such pressure on me at the wake. They are aware that my entire family converted to Christianity decades ago, so they didn't expect us to hold any joss sticks. We bowed our heads as a sign of respect. That's all.

Why link the two together? Asking for trouble?

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!
[+] 2 users Like Fit's post

(22-05-2024, 02:42 PM)Fit Wrote:  Why link the two together? Asking for trouble?

Vesak Day is for humankind to find peace and harmony with everyone while respecting each other with brotherly and sisterly love. So why stir up hatred and build division on this special day?

(22-05-2024, 02:42 PM)Fit Wrote:  Why link the two together? Asking for trouble?

I think he is new to PM role and PR may not be his best. His advisors if any besides maybe newbie too so don't know the basics rules of PR and never advise him accordingly. Issue two separate announcements is more better IMHO

(22-05-2024, 02:45 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Vesak Day is for humankind to find peace and harmony with everyone while respecting each other with brotherly and sisterly love. So why stir up hatred and build division on this special day?

I am referring to LW's critics for acting like plastic surgeons trying to make mountains out of molehills.

做人做到死脑筋不会变通.
不知道的会以为它是个脑残
或是一根筋...

Need bundles tragedy and vesak day in a same social media post
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

People blame him for the misfortune and he pushes the blame to the Auspicious Vesak Day using the words "marking" Vesak Day with death.
[+] 1 user Likes Clyde's post

(22-05-2024, 10:35 AM)Oyk Wrote:  I read the thread in edmw.  

"Offended" is only how you entitle it.  There is nothing wrong with his Message lar.

AIYA THIS LANCAU TS ADD IN HIS OWN OIL IN HIS TITLE TO BAIT FOR COMMENTS IN HIS SGTOK THREADS ONE LAH. THE ORIGINAL EDMW THREAD TITLE WHERE GOTCH LIDDAT?  Laughing Clapping Rotfl
[+] 1 user Likes factuup's post

(22-05-2024, 02:46 PM)sgh Wrote:  I think he is new to PM role and PR may not be his best. His advisors if any besides maybe newbie too so don't know the basics rules of PR and never advise him accordingly. Issue two separate announcements is more better IMHO

It's amazing that someone like you who has not even been a MP for a day, not to mention minister, DPM and PM, can be passing such PR comments as though you know better. You should be Mini$ter Mentor lorh.  Rotfl

(22-05-2024, 05:40 PM)factuup Wrote:  AIYA THIS LANCAU TS ADD IN HIS OWN OIL IN HIS TITLE TO BAIT FOR COMMENTS IN HIS SGTOK THREADS ONE LAH. THE ORIGINAL EDMW THREAD TITLE WHERE GOTCH LIDDAT?  Laughing Clapping Rotfl

diam rah jhk.....

[Image: ISEU5Hs.jpeg]

(22-05-2024, 02:23 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  If I am asked to hold joss sticks at a temple that I am visiting, I would refuse. Since my parents and in-laws are all Christians, I wouldn't be pressured to do so when they pass on. I was once asked if I wanted to hold joss sticks at a colleague's mom's wake. I politely declined and merely bowed to the photo of his mom as a mark of respect. I did so because there were young Christian colleagues present whom I didn't wish to stumble. 

If young Christians think that by bowing, you are not showing respect but worshipping the dead , then it's better not to bow. Just viewing the body if it's an open coffin and the family allows it is good enough lorh. 

As a side note, if only all men respect the living like they respect the dead, this world would be so much more peaceful. Why is it that we must wait for someone to be dead before we make a (belated) bow of respect? Or are we saying that we respect Death more than Life? 

Or to put it in another way.... what does bowing to a body which the original inhabitant is no longer residing in does? The real person whom we used to call Sally/Judy/Lilian/whatever is no longer in it. The spirit has departed and that body has begun to decay and rot and wilk become dust.

Nice titties Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(22-05-2024, 10:15 AM)lylcnn Wrote:  Christians celebrating Christian LW showing partiality?  Laughing

I wonder if he will attend a mosque or temple or not leh? Thinking Sometimes they may have events for him to attend leh! Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like cheekopekman's post

(22-05-2024, 07:06 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I wonder if he will attend a mosque or temple or not leh? Thinking Sometimes they may have events for him to attend leh! Big Grin

He will ask permission from god.

(22-05-2024, 08:14 PM)Bigbluedot Wrote:  He will ask permission from god.

I think he will go in already then Sunday church go and repent. This is more logical. You cannot reject to go in and make the other faith followers unhappy isn't it?

(22-05-2024, 02:46 PM)sgh Wrote:  I think he is new to PM role and PR may not be his best. His advisors if any besides maybe newbie too so don't know the basics rules of PR and never advise him accordingly. Issue two separate announcements is more better IMHO

True split it will be better
afterall is one day apart too.

(22-05-2024, 11:06 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  True split it will be better
afterall is one day apart too.

But oyk in this forum think otherwise he likes to angkat Mr Wong bola

(22-05-2024, 05:56 PM)Oyk Wrote:  It's amazing that someone like you who has not even been a MP for a day, not to mention minister, DPM and PM, can be passing such PR comments as though you know better. You should be Mini$ter Mentor lorh.  Rotfl

Only MP can make such comments meh? Like that this forum can close down liao. Laughing

(22-05-2024, 11:29 PM)Clyde Wrote:  Only MP can make such comments meh? Like that this forum can close down liao. Laughing

You also can be Mini$ter Mentor.  Rolleyes

(22-05-2024, 01:29 PM)Oyk Wrote:  They are scammers who prey on peepur's fears, superstations and greed.
Besides failing PSLE, you also failed your religious studies, wtf is "superstations"? Another example of your abject stewpidity

You never fail to amuse me at every turn, fcuking retarded PAP plp

Don't make a mountain out of a mole.  

It is just a small matter.   

Why don't you think of a bigger matter like how to bring a fortune for Singapore?   

Laughing

(23-05-2024, 05:22 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  Besides failing PSLE, you also failed your religious studies, wtf is "superstations"? Another example of your abject stewpidity

You never fail to amuse me at every turn, fcuking retarded PAP plp

He, Oyk, is a most dislike figure in this forum but he never realized it.  

Pui!   

(22-05-2024, 11:12 PM)sgh Wrote:  But oyk in this forum think otherwise he likes to angkat Mr Wong bola

When LHL place LW and Oyk in charge of covid team, it is indirectly telling the rest
of party members this is the two to choose from.
Our OYK bet Oyk to win, even name after Minister Ong, 
now that LW become PM, he need to backtrack by curry favour PM.
He is not giving PM good advise.

(22-05-2024, 07:06 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I wonder if he will attend a mosque or temple or not leh? Thinking Sometimes they may have events for him to attend leh! Big Grin

Like that he not faithful liao and it show that he is wayang to buy vote