Netizens offended by Lawrence's Vesak Day post...

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threa...y.7031384/
[+] 1 user Likes twinkle07's post

the 2 things are in his mind. so he speaks.
neutral really.
but people against him try to make it looks bad.

(22-05-2024, 07:18 AM)sclim Wrote:  the 2 things are in his mind. so he speaks.
neutral really. 
but people against him try to make it looks bad.

Trying hard to show he care and act to show he care by putting both together.

[Image: IMG-20240522-072541.jpg]

alphabet polonais français
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

It's OK. It's his good intention that matters. 
Look on the bright side. Most passengers are OK.

Sometimes it's better not to post too much on social media as a new PM.
[+] 2 users Like mikotan's post

Bastard!
That’s is why this thread is very relevant
It’s not about making fun of him or being saying bad about any religion

https://sgtalk.net/Thread-LW-is-the-firs...-Liability

Tampines & West Coast GRCs are there for the taking 

(22-05-2024, 07:27 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  [Image: IMG-20240522-072541.jpg]

alphabet polonais français

He is a Christian lah! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

(22-05-2024, 10:04 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  He is a Christian lah! Big Grin

Christians celebrating Christian LW showing partiality?  Laughing

(22-05-2024, 08:13 AM)mikotan Wrote:  Sometimes it's better not to post too much on social media as a new PM.

Should be careful what to post,words out cannot claim back 
Once offended people forever remembers

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(22-05-2024, 02:21 AM)twinkle07 Wrote:  https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threa...y.7031384/

CHIU ONE DAY NO ADVERTISE HARDWAREZONE, CHIUR CROOKED LAMPAR GETS ITCHY?  Laughing Clapping Rotfl

(22-05-2024, 02:21 AM)twinkle07 Wrote:  https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threa...y.7031384/

I read the thread in edmw.  

"Offended" is only how you entitle it.  There is nothing wrong with his Message lar.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(22-05-2024, 10:18 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Should be careful what to post,words out cannot claim back 
Once offended people forever remembers

No matter how careful you are with your words, there will always be a segment of peepur who will find ways to become offended, especially in forums which are dominated by the 39% such as this one and edmw.

LKY did not mince his words, and if PM Lee had been too soft, I'd wish LW can speak like another LKY.  It's about taim to bring back some tough talk.  

The boomers....I don't give a damn because they are soon going to nursing homes who wouldn't be interested in whether Pritam Singh is becoming the PM or Leong Mun Wai becoming the LOTO.

LW is leading a new generation of voters, and future voters.  Like LKY, he is leading a country of new citizens and chewren of new citizens.  As for those who were born here, they grew up without knowing real hardship.  Social media is being misused to spread disinformation. Even mods are well known to be anti-PAP, so there is no control over what are being posted, and therefore POFMA and legal actions would be necessary.

[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

(22-05-2024, 10:43 AM)Oyk Wrote:  No matter how careful you are with your words, there will always be a segment of peepur who will find ways to become offended, especially in forums which are dominated by the 39% such as this one and edmw.

LKY did not mince his words, and if PM Lee had been too soft, I'd wish LW can speak like another LKY.  It's about taim to bring back some tough talk.  

The boomers....I don't give a damn because they are soon going to nursing homes who wouldn't be interested in whether Pritam Singh is becoming the PM or Leong Mun Wai becoming the LOTO.

LW is leading a new generation of voters, and future voters.  Like LKY, he is leading a country of new citizens and chewren of new citizens.  As for those who were born here, they grew up without knowing real hardship.  Social media is being misused to spread disinformation. Even mods are well known to be anti-PAP, so there is no control over what are being posted, and therefore POFMA and legal actions would be necessary.

True not everyone agrees what u said

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(22-05-2024, 10:04 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  He is a Christian lah! Big Grin

He likes to draw arrows on pictures to show that he is an expert in face reading.  He should draw one on his mother's photo with an arrow pointing at the abalone, and find out why even ceca don't want her cheesepie. Rolleyes

(22-05-2024, 10:46 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  True not everyone agrees what u said

Of course not.

I would be silly to think the 39% agree.... Rolleyes

[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

(22-05-2024, 07:22 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  Trying hard to show he care and act to show he care by putting both together.

I see nothing wrong in PM Wong's Vesak Day Message greeting Buddhist S'poreans while not forgetting those affected by the incident onboard the SQ flight. Would it have been more prudent to issue 2 separate messages? Let us not major in minors. Those who do not support the ruling party because of their policies, which have heaped hardship on S'poreans, should refrain from stirring up trouble for the new PM over a simple Vesak Day message.
[+] 2 users Like EvertonDiehard's post

(22-05-2024, 10:50 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I see nothing wrong in PM Wong's Vesak Day Message greeting Buddhist S'poreans while not forgetting those affected by the incident onboard the SQ flight. Would it have been more prudent to issue 2 separate messages? Let us not major in minors. Those who do not support the ruling party because of their policies, which have heaped hardship on S'poreans, should refrain from stirring up trouble for the new PM over a simple Vesak Day message.

Instead of two separate messages, putting the two together is a good reminder to all, that on this Vesak Day, we should remember those who suffered a bad event.

Though I am not a Buddhist, the human side of me will tell me to remind all Buddhists...........think, what is Buddha's birth about?  What did he bring to humanity?  If not compassion and empathy, then what?

Separately, it is a lie that PM Lee heaped hardship on peepur.  Stop spreading such self-pity, lies, and disinformation, can?  The rising cost of living, countries turning protectionist, away from globalization, the Russian invasion of Ukraine, the Hamas war, all causing global supply chain disruptions, climate change etc etc are beyond the control of even the biggest countries let alone Singapore.  Even China with its huge domestic market is facing the winds of change in a very bad way.

We survive COVID and no one who is willing to work is without a job.  The world economic situation is very bad, so we cannot have the best of everything but that is not a reason to say that FTs stole our jobs, as if by sacking all the FTs, we have Sinkies who can take over the jobs.  Quite the contrary, if we do that, Singapore's economy will not merely come to a standstill but blardy hell CRASH man! 

So think before you post!

I dun see any offensive in putting the two messages together. I think it must be the oppies not happy with anything PAP says, so instead of saying oppies offended by Lawrence's Vesak Day post, they skew the thread title to "Netizens" to make it look like all Buddhists and everyone in Singapore are angry. Good signs that oppies are fast catching up media warfare.    Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(22-05-2024, 11:09 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Separately, it is a lie that PM Lee heaped hardship on peepur.  Stop spreading such self-pity, lies, and disinformation, can?  The rising cost of living, countries turning protectionist, away from globalization, the Russian invasion of Ukraine, the Hamas war, all causing global supply chain disruptions, climate change etc etc are beyond the control of even the biggest countries let alone Singapore.  Even China with its huge domestic market is facing the winds of change in a very bad way.

I guess you have no idea that the SG govt is actively inviting the ultra rich foreigners to set up family offices here under a cloak of secrecy. These wealthy people (including money launderers) are buying up freehold properties in land scarce SG, driving up prices and rents. Private housing is now out of the reach of most S'poreans. The ultra rich can also purchase multiple cars which drives up the COE premiums. This is why everything is so expensive in SG. Think before you post if you don't want me to continue embarrassing you.

(22-05-2024, 11:09 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Separately, it is a lie that PM Lee heaped hardship on peepur.  Stop spreading such self-pity, lies, and disinformation, can?  The rising cost of living, countries turning protectionist, away from globalization, the Russian invasion of Ukraine, the Hamas war, all causing global supply chain disruptions, climate change etc etc are beyond the control of even the biggest countries let alone Singapore.  Even China with its huge domestic market is facing the winds of change in a very bad way. So think before you post!
https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/ri...exist-ravi

As a Buddhist, I see no wrong in his statement. 
Buddhism is emphatic to all suffering, we never pretend it's non existence.

Those complaining are not real Buddhist in heart.😊
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(22-05-2024, 10:48 AM)Oyk Wrote:  He likes to draw arrows on pictures to show that he is an expert in face reading.  He should draw one on his mother's photo with an arrow pointing at the abalone, and find out why even ceca don't want her cheesepie. Rolleyes

I always avoid fortune tellers lah! Big Grin

千年狐狸玩什么聊斋
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

Other forum say Spore future fortune no good as Mr Wong only PM not long such accidents happen maybe the Gods above not happy with him. We await to see if more misfortune happen on Spore to see the predictions or rumors true or not.
[+] 2 users Like sgh's post

That's the problem when you have a Christian as PM.

He only answer to God, and thank only God, the rest can go to hell.
[+] 3 users Like Alice Alicia's post

(22-05-2024, 12:29 PM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  That's the problem when you have a Christian as PM.

He only answer to God, and thank only God, the rest can go to hell.

He also cannot hold joss stick. And if he is hardcore he cannot step into the grounds of other faith worship place else feet will burn. If he is the more relaxed not so strict should be ok. E.g if parents died funeral ask him hold joss stick he can make exceptions after all parents only died once.
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(22-05-2024, 12:29 PM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  That's the problem when you have a Christian as PM. He only answer to God, and thank only God, the rest can go to hell.

This is the problem when non-Christians comment about Christians without knowing the Bible. Jesus clearly commanded that his followers must "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's" i.e. He commands people to respect state authority and to pay the taxes it demands of them. Christians are obliged to obey all earthly authorities, stating that as they were introduced by God, disobedience to them equates to disobedience to God. Jesus' message to people is that if they enjoy the advantages of a state such as Caesar's, as distinct from God's authority i.e. by using its currency, they cannot subsequently choose to ignore the laws of that state.

(22-05-2024, 12:39 PM)sgh Wrote:  He also cannot hold joss stick. And if he is hardcore he cannot step into the grounds of other faith worship place else feet will burn. If he is the more relaxed not so strict should be ok. E.g if parents died funeral ask him hold joss stick he can make exceptions after all parents only died once.

On the contrary, my church believes that by visiting a temple, mosque or any other place of worship, Christians have the opportunity to learn about another faith and its practices. If we wish to tell others about Jesus in a relevant way, we need to help dismantle the perception that Christians have an arrogant disregard for other faiths and cultures; this is the erroneous perception that other faiths sometimes have about Christianity. I converted from Buddhism because my Christian friends entered my space to share about Jesus.

(22-05-2024, 01:19 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  On the contrary, my church believes that by visiting a temple, mosque or any other place of worship, Christians have the opportunity to learn about another faith and its practices. If we wish to tell others about Jesus in a relevant way, we need to help dismantle the perception that Christians have an arrogant disregard for other faiths and cultures; this is the erroneous perception that other faiths sometimes have about Christianity. I converted from Buddhism because my Christian friends entered my space to share about Jesus.

Obviously Christianity split into many camps. One I get in touch tell me otherwise. Step inside those places your feet get burned.

Btw can you hold joss sticks? Say your parents funeral ask you hold you ok? Hold already Sunday go back Church and repent so minus off the sins.