Cleaner loses $330k of life savings to 'China police' scammers

$49 left in bank account: Cleaner loses $330k of life savings to 'China police' scammers

Read more 📍 https://bit.ly/3c8XPZM

Follow @AsiaOnecom for all the latest updates.

His hard earned savings is gone just like that.
[+] 1 user Likes Wy:Nox's post

It's really very strange that people fall for such scam when they have no dealings with China...

Even if I'm on the run from China, I will not give a damn if some Chinese officials call me.
[+] 2 users Like Sticw's post

Because he rape a china girl before? Killed a china man before? Stole money from a china bank before?

Stepped on Mao portrait before?

All these syndicates are targeting Singaporeans mainly because there seem to be little or no effort to investigate and catch them.

All these scams are not possible without the banks allowing quick transfer of funds.

The scammers prey on less educate vulnerable elderly....

It is happening with greater and greater frequency but I don't see that much done to prevent it.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Chek ark....

(14-07-2022, 05:19 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  All these syndicates are targeting Singaporeans mainly because there seem to be little or no effort to investigate and catch them.

All these scams are not possible without the banks allowing quick transfer of funds.

It is happening with greater and greater frequency but I don't see that much done to prevent it.

$1k alarm bell ringing.

(14-07-2022, 05:08 PM)Sticw Wrote:  It's really very strange that people fall for such scam when they have no dealings with China...

Even if I'm on the run from China, I will not give a damn if some Chinese officials call me.

Half the population have below average IQ and 25% have low IQ that is the same in any society. That is whybsome can solve the same maths problem in 5 min and others cannot after looking at it for 1hr...those who can always wonder why others can't.

That is the starting point of any society. It is a given that there are big group of vulnerable people. 

It is also responsibility of authorities to offer some protecting that is why cheating is illegal and should be investigated.

Once you start blaming people for being stupid, you do nothing and the crooks will keep cheating...they will keep finding new victims.

Just look at the stock, options and property investing course scams on the Internet, it is so obvious for professional investors to see what they are offering cannot be true ....but they are able to keep recruiting ignorant/gullible to pay for course.

I'm US and UK such course scams are banned and instructors cannot go and make all sorts of false promises to scam people.

In Singapore nothings done and we see the number of scammers jn this area explode in number one woman called Chloe promise she can teach ordinary people to trade options and she is brazen.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

The cleaner must be from China or he damm support china like many people here...good lor now he really support china with 330K.

This peanuts remember chit fund and sunshine empire clob

he could be used to create a scam to cheat bank

Maybe he is also from a scammer syndicate hoping the bank return the $330k out of goodwill.  Most sinkies I know are hard nosed street smart people who wouldn’t even bat an eyelid when slitting your throat.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(14-07-2022, 05:08 PM)Sticw Wrote:  It's really very strange that people fall for such scam when they have no dealings with China...

Nowadays,  they never state where they are from.. who knows,  he might have dealings iwith  China; otherwise,  who bothers.

(14-07-2022, 05:19 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  All these syndicates are targeting Singaporeans mainly because there seem to be little or no effort to investigate and catch them.

Dun forget we have 450,000 Chinese nationalist in Singapore. Throw a stone,  10% chance of hitting one ofvthem

Walao......cleaner can accumulate 300k savings......peifu peifu

(14-07-2022, 07:09 PM)SotongOngTee Wrote:  Walao......cleaner can accumulate 300k savings......peifu peifu

Maybe he work as a part time gigolo

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(14-07-2022, 05:37 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  The cleaner must be from China or he damm support china like many people here...good lor now he really support china with 330K.

My first tot was u were the cleaner. Rotfl

Cleaner never been to China so not from China. That's why it shock me why he will fall for the scam since he has no deals. While highly possible he had some PRC chickens or KTV gals in sg, he should not be worried about anything lah. But all water under the bridge.

Weird case

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

Maybe he sold his 3room HDB house under PAP enbloc and decide not to take up new BTO but take cash and live in rental flat. Why not.

if is unbelievable a cleaner can accumulate 330k in savings

(14-07-2022, 05:31 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Just look at the stock, options and property investing course scams on the Internet, it is so obvious for professional investors to see what they are offering cannot be true ....but they are able to keep recruiting ignorant/gullible to pay for course.

I'm US and UK such course scams are banned and instructors cannot go and make all sorts of false promises to scam people.

In Singapore nothings done and we see the number of scammers jn this area explode in number one woman called Chloe promise she can teach ordinary people to trade options and she is brazen.

US is probably one of the most lax countries when it comes to law enforcement against investing course scams - most of them capitalize on the fact that there is room to invoke the first amendment as long as you are "creative" in your phrasing of the BS claims and also know that as a matter of practice, there is not enough law enforcement resource to go after them as long as they cheat many people of small amounts of money spreaded out across different states.

The states of Florida and Utah are commonly known as the fraud capitals of US largely due to a high concentration of financial / investment frauds originating from there. Get rick quick "boot camps" have been one of the the perennial fraud staples since the 1960s. These get rich quick courses come with different themes targeting real estate, stocks, options, gold, crypto, liens, oil royalties, e-commerce etc. depending on what is fashionable.

U ask sg butt unemployed whether he has $330k cash?

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️