Commuters call for abolishment of JB checkpoint. One check on Sg side is enough

Commuters call for smoother clearance, better facilities at Johor Bahru’s Causeway checkpoint

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asi...facilities

Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes Gstalk's post

One check is enough

Actually got one better way, which is implemented at the Chinese - Macau border. They have custom officers from each place sitting at the same place, about 1 metre from each other. So after you finish processing by one officer you just move on to the next. 5 min will clear two customs.

Start collect toll for humans as well. $10 per pax, problem solved.

(28-10-2023, 03:11 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  One check is enough

No pocket money leh. 

Cannot lah!  Laughing

My suggestion is to do away the check on both sides lagi better. E.g Penang ppl drive to KL need chop passport and check when enter KL? No need correct? So same with Spore Msia customs lor

Fast and easy clearance means more Msian in JB will be here to work and take your job.

(28-10-2023, 04:39 PM)Instinct Wrote:  Fast and easy clearance means more Msian in JB will be here to work and take your job.

They come becuz our govt issue workpass like toilet paper mah. If that is closed then not so much.

If you take the train from singapore to jb at Woodlands check point....the Singapore and Malaysia customs are basically in the same building meters apart...so chop passport is relatively fast!

(28-10-2023, 04:10 PM)sgh Wrote:  My suggestion is to do away the check on both sides lagi better. E.g Penang ppl drive to KL need chop passport and check when enter KL? No need correct? So same with Spore Msia customs lor

Penang and KL is same country. Do u know what u r talking about?

Just open another checkpoint called paid fastlane
$40 for fastlane checkpoint per direction per person

(28-10-2023, 04:57 PM)winbig Wrote:  Penang and KL is same country. Do u know what u r talking about?

he forgot singapore kenna kick out ma Laughter-13

One solution is to have easy access to those who only make day trips.

Singaporean go there to shop & spend. Malaysia come here to work & earn . Why bother leh? Jam ... jam lo.

2 different worlds, 2 different countries....

Just implement an ezlink card style tap and go system with facial recognition. Don't know why still need to chop passport nowadays.
[+] 1 user Likes starbugs's post

Macau is not part of China meh? Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Rts will hv one check only. So it's feasible

Unless we are called the United States of Malaysia.

(28-10-2023, 04:57 PM)winbig Wrote:  Penang and KL is same country. Do u know what u r talking about?

Purposely one la... Big Grin

(28-10-2023, 07:19 PM)Migrant Wrote:  Unless we are called the United States of Malaysia.

Cannot. Than all of our reserves will goes to KL Federal funds.

Actually off peak it is very smooth but the JB CIQ design makes you walk alot for those taking bus ....

Problem is during peak periods one can get stuck in traffic. Then stuck.in queue....on JB side. Coming back one can be stuck in traffic but customs is smooth ..usually Singapore side the auto gage is very fast

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(28-10-2023, 06:03 PM)starbugs Wrote:  Just implement an ezlink card style tap and go system with facial recognition. Don't know why still need to chop passport nowadays.

First time enter record Passport and biometric (finger prints)

After that use auto gate.

I wonder what so difficult?

Such a software would take only a short while to write

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Later someone will suggest to remove the immigration at both ends.

Singaporean can stay long terms in JB .. JB huaaat and Singapore able to clear some Low ses to JB so both side huaaat

Biz still freaking bad in johor, if Singaporeans don't go they really have to eat grass and tapioca leaves. 

Malaysians hardly go for massage as they find it very expensive. Same like we find massage highly dear in SG .

(28-10-2023, 08:58 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Biz still freaking bad in johor, if Singaporeans don't go they really have to eat grass and tapioca leaves. 

Malaysians hardly go for massage as they find it very expensive. Same like we find massage highly dear in SG .

Correct but Msian car no COE and petrol subsidized. So no monies massage can drive car eat wind enjoy nite scenery

a country government cannot be managed by another

Good idea. M’sian custom officers station in Sg to check people going into JB. The Sg custom officers will station in Johor’s side To check for people going into Sg. 

So check only once is enough. Good idea?

8Umbrella Umbrella

(28-10-2023, 03:20 PM)mikotan Wrote:  Start collect toll for humans as well. $10 per pax, problem solved.
Well!. All is in dollar and cents... Tongue Tongue