Curry Seeds

[Image: F15-BEBCB-FA55-4-C85-8722-5484-FF0-AE87-C.jpg]

Doesn't look like it's a curry plant.

[Image: Screenshot-20211031-185519-Chrome.jpg]

curry berries are rounder, and their color  change from green to red to black.

this looks more like fool's curry, or wampee, 黄皮, clausena lansium. a very valueable plant with medicinal properties

(31-10-2021, 06:10 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Doesn't look like it's a curry plant.

You seem to be right.

(31-10-2021, 07:05 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  [Image: Screenshot-20211031-185519-Chrome.jpg]

curry berries are rounder, and their color  change from green to red to black.

this looks more like fool's curry, or wampee, 黄皮, clausena lansium. a very valueable plant with medicinal properties

Yours look more like it. What I took home looks different. Maybe I took the wrong tree. Let me taste it.

Remember to add curry leaves and lemon grass when cooking curry.

(31-10-2021, 07:37 PM)theold Wrote:   
Yours look more like it. What I took home looks different. Maybe I took the wrong tree. Let me taste it.

I haven't seen what a curry seeds looked like, but I can identify that the leaves are curry leaves.... Clapping

(31-10-2021, 07:38 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Remember to add curry leaves and lemon grass when cooking curry.

Yes.

They said these are wild leaves as nobody pluck the branches before. Thus, it looks different. If you constantly pluck it, the leaves look different.

100 percent not curry leave tree.

(31-10-2021, 07:50 PM)Ken Wrote:  100 percent not curry leave tree.

The smell is curry leaves smell. Last time used to sell it. But the look is slightly different.

Used to put spider with curry leaves and chili in matchboxes.

Just let the Indians do it.just buy
Looking at a cataloque of spices
i start fainting. And when i see them in packets it gets worse.
some sso tiny

I have both in my garden, botanist confirmed one of them is not curry leaves tree, he told me one name but I fail to remember.

Curry got different colours: red, green and brown.

(31-10-2021, 07:57 PM)Ken Wrote:  I have both in my garden, botanist confirmed one of them is not curry leaves tree, he told me one name but I fail to remember.

Ok.

Time like this they come handy.
Detox.

Posted by what do you think is the correct one.

Leaves - cooked and eaten as a pother
The leaflets have a characteristic, curry-like smell when crushed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clausena_excavata

http://tropical.theferns.info/viewtropic...a+excavata

Can use for cooking can already.

(31-10-2021, 07:37 PM)theold Wrote:   

just pluck the leaves and smell. if really curry leaves shd hv the distinctive curry smell.

if it's wampi, worthwhile to keep. btw, where did you get it?

(31-10-2021, 08:14 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  just pluck the leaves and smell. if really curry leaves shd hv the distinctive curry smell.

if it's wampi, worthwhile to keep. btw, where did you get it?

The Corney Island.

(31-10-2021, 07:55 PM)theold Wrote:  The smell is curry leaves smell. Last time used to sell it. But the look is slightly different.

It is believed that putting curry leaves and chill in a spider's enclosure, will make the spider fiercer....and thence will win a fight with an opponent..... Laughing

(31-10-2021, 07:55 PM)theold Wrote:  The smell is curry leaves smell. Last time used to sell it. But the look is slightly different.

Don't use it just because the leaves have the curry leaf smell. There was once I took some leaves from the wild, because they smelt like curry leaves. But after I brewed tea with them, the tea turned out to be very bitter.

I have a few curry plants at home, and I can tell that even if I boiled them for half an hour they will still not be bitter.

(31-10-2021, 08:17 PM)theold Wrote:  The Corney Island.

that's a great find. but be careful of nea's fine  Big Grin

(31-10-2021, 07:59 PM)Ken Wrote:  Posted by what do you think is the correct one.

I guessed only. some plants look alike on photos

(31-10-2021, 08:19 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Don't use it just because the leaves have the curry leaf smell. There was once I took some leaves from the wild, because they smelt like curry leaves. But after I brewed tea with them, the tea turned out to be very bitter.

I have a few curry plants at home, and I can tell that even if I boiled them for half an hour they will still not be bitter.

I didn't know curry leaf can double up as tea leaves..... Thinking

(31-10-2021, 08:40 PM)debono Wrote:  I didn't know curry leaf can double as tea leaves..... Thinking

some ppl believe it can lower bp, and help hair growth, and many other uses, but no scientific evidence

(31-10-2021, 08:49 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  some ppl believe it can lower bp, and help hair growth, and many other uses, but no scientific evidence

So it is only hear say, no solid evidence to back it up........ crying

I have a big curry tree that I trimmed it small

https://youtu.be/vcPkhOCFEuA?t=286

(31-10-2021, 08:54 PM)debono Wrote:  So it is only hear say, no solid evidence to back it up........ crying

no economical incentive so no scientist want to study to gather evidences.

how can yr doctor prescribe curry leaves for yr hbp and hair loss?