Do Singaporeans men felt cheated to serve NS?

so many new citizens who don't do NS, many using fake university certificate 

There were 30,429 citizen births in 2022 
Singapore’s total population stood at 5.92 million as at June 2023

The citizen population increased by 1.6% from 3.55 million in June 2022 to 3.61 million in June 2023.

[Image: singapore-citizenships-and-pr-status-granted-2.png]

In the 80s and 90s, we have $200 / $300 on top of our salary. But our children were shortchanged .

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

I miss NS ….. carefree days

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

(12-05-2024, 08:17 PM)Symmetry Wrote:  In the 80s and 90s, we have $200 / $300 on top of our salary. But our children were shortchanged .

My time only $90.

It's so unfair.

(12-05-2024, 08:27 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  I miss NS ….. carefree days

You damn lucky....serving as rifle men or storeman ?

Mine kenna attached to pretty active operational unit - The experience is anything BUT feeling "cheated".

Hope that answers TS question. Big Grin

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

in the past got maid

now family bond is stronger
got grandma....
so much better

ns for sinkies

We must make government give us free housing for wasting our time in national service

Ok lah for me it was pretty useful.  I learnt my arrowing skills, kenging skills, siaming and taichi skills there Smile

And luck sometimes plays a part.  Got one incident.  Rainy day out on deployment exercise. Our encik arrowed one of the FU NCOs who happened to be walking past to be vehicle commander - to go back find out / help as to why the indented lunch hasn’t arrived yet. 

The jeep later swerved and hit a lamp post and the poor corporal went DB 6 days.  Driver twice the length.  Just because he was in the passenger seat as vehicle commander.  What can a non driver at 20 years know about driving? He was never the same after that.

FU = fire unit.  Don’t think dirty Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(12-05-2024, 08:27 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  I miss NS ….. carefree days

Means your NS vocation must be zhor bo lan one can afford to be carefree. Moi for one won't miss it, got training ish definitely shag, no training ganna fatigue also shag. Everydazes felt so tiring and low morale and yet the time move so wols. Doing the 2.5yrs already felt like doing 25yrs but the 1 1/2 weekend everyweek felt like lightspeed like rest for 1.5hrs nia. Sad

There was a time when the country asked ordinary men to do extraordinary things.

But now, they'll only do it for money.

In the past, I dunno what is the selection criteria for leadership positions when doing NS.  I know 2 skoolmates.  Chow keng, idle but briliant with tripods. Both of them went on to serve in SPF as inspectors. Cbl job.

One good friend and primary skoolmate was very seow on, super capable and he went on to train at OCS.  I dunno if it is his attitude or what but something must have happened. He became overtrained corporal instead.

After his studies he migrated to Australia.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(13-05-2024, 08:44 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  In the past, I dunno what is the selection criteria for leadership positions when doing NS.  I know 2 skoolmates.  Chow keng, idle but briliant with tripods. Both of them went on to serve in SPF as inspectors. Cbl job.

One good friend and primary skoolmate was very seow on, super capable wnd he went on to train at OCS.  I dunno if it is his attitude or what but sometime happened. He became overtrained corporal instead.

After his studies he migrated to Australia.

Not sure about nao, but moi time ish need JC grad (poly grad also got chance, but much much lower as the quota given per batch ish much smaller), then basically act siao on a bit, but most importantly ish know how to paul your instructors lampard. If got the minimal qualification, not too jiak lark in your BMT results and able to get yourself into the instructors, especially your PS and PC good book, then just express your interest to become an officer and very good chance you will get post to OCS after your BMT.

If you just try train hard nia, but never paul anyone lampard or not like by your instructors, then will become infantry or armor men or at most tio pick for SPECS like the rest of the guys lor. Sad

There was a time when the country asked ordinary men to do extraordinary things.

But now, they'll only do it for money.

S'porean males are being short changed and taken for granted by our Govt 

[Image: 87-pbx-IWm-Sv6m8lm-W5m-SX72cqj-Rsiu27-Tx...is-Jg.webp]

looks like many here are happy to serve NS to protect new citizens Cake Leng Kia

Its National Service to country. 2.5 yrs is nothing. Get it done with. National service was mooted in 1967 after Singapore Independence to create and army for defence of our nation and it is still now. Not for protection of new citizen or foreigner. It is a deterrence for any potential enemy.
[+] 1 user Likes Goldmine's post

I have paid my dues as far as NS is concerned. If I am a NSF or NSman nowadays, I will ask my Govt: "Who am I defending? Why am I expected to do my part when foreigners enjoy the privileges, but none of the responsibilities of S'porean males? Why are these same foreigners taking away the livelihood of true blue citizens who have paid their dues?  

Modern warfare... u see Israel. Iran and the proxies are eroding Israel advantages. SLowly grind Israel and using drone tech to hit here and there everywhere. SG cant do much in these situations..

Smile

(13-05-2024, 11:25 AM)Niubee Wrote:  Modern warfare... u see Israel. Iran and the proxies are eroding Israel advantages. SLowly grind Israel and using drone tech to hit here and there everywhere. SG cant do much in these situations..

Just imagine the scale of destruction in our urban environment. In the past, the spread of communism coming down from Vietnam was seen as the main threat to our defence. That meant sending troops as part of a combined ASEAN force to aid Thailand in the event of a land invasion. These days, our air force has to take on the enemy before they actually reach our shores. 

Few hundred thousands New Citizens become Singaporean who do not need to serve National services

Government give us some SAFRA voucher like $100 or something and think that makes us happy, why don't I give government few thousands dollars SAFRA voucher to avoid NS.

Government should at least give NSmen special concession like buying a second HDB flat or something, like that even foreigner beg to serve NS

Msian Chinese and Indian also no need serve so yes I felt cheated. My era is 2.5 years I lose 2.5 years of monies compared to Msian Chinese and Indian. Damn rugi deal.

(12-05-2024, 09:48 PM)Manthink Wrote:  You damn lucky....serving as rifle men or storeman ?

Mine kenna attached to pretty active operational unit - The experience is anything BUT feeling "cheated".

Hope that answers TS question. Big Grin

Even more relax, I was posted in armour tech support ... sit around wait for tank to breakdown  Rotfl

With the recent runaway inflation, please compensate those men serving our nation appropriately. We can well afford it.

(13-05-2024, 10:16 AM)Goldmine Wrote:  Its National Service to country. 2.5 yrs is nothing. Get it done with. National service was mooted in 1967 after Singapore Independence to create and army for defence of our nation and it is still now. Not for protection of new citizen or foreigner. It is a deterrence for any potential enemy.

So many Fake Singaporeans like Jac Lau

Cannot even defend Singapore 

But here sucking PAP's tits only

Useless Foreigners

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

No wor.

Me served as driver fetching CO and got a SGP driving license when ROD.

Now making living by driving grab.

(14-05-2024, 11:21 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  No wor.

Me served as driver fetching CO and got a SGP driving license when ROD.

Now making living by driving grab.
Me gained from the SAF. The navy taught me many things which I gainfully used to enhance my career in corporate life.    Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(14-05-2024, 11:25 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Me gained from the SAF. The navy taught me many things which I gainfully used to enhance my career in corporate life.    Rolleyes

Like wanking into the sea ?

(14-05-2024, 01:22 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Like wanking into the sea ?

Do you know why the sea is so salty? It's because of those damn Sperm Whales jerking off. The ex-navy man could have made a difference with his wanking, but it is really hard to tell!

(14-05-2024, 10:17 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Even more relax, I was posted in armour tech support ... sit around wait for tank to breakdown  

Sounds like the CEO

[Image: CEO.jpg]