Employees feel burned out and undervalued at work

IN FOCUS: When employees feel burned out and undervalued at work, how can they be persuaded to stay?

With more people thinking about making changes to their working lives after nearly two years of COVID-19, CNA looks at what employers can do to reverse what has been dubbed globally as the Great Resignation.

SINGAPORE: There was nothing that Lina’s former employer could have done to persuade her to stay.

Feeling undervalued in her role as a pharmacist at a public healthcare institution and with COVID-19 making her reassess her life priorities, she decided it was time for a change.

“I mainly left because I’d been thinking for a while that because the work is not always easy, and people need to be valued for the work that they do. I felt that the appreciation for the work that we do is not really sufficient to deal with the stresses of daily work,” she told CNA.

The COVID-19 pandemic made this situation worse, she added. While it was previously already difficult to take leave, it became “practically impossible” from the start of the “circuit breaker” period, said Lina, who asked for her real name not to be used.

“Eventually the cons just started outweighing the pros.”

Lina is part of a global trend dubbed the Great Resignation, which is seeing growing numbers of employees decide to move on to new jobs. This often follows a period of reflection about what they want out of life after nearly two years of living with the COVID-19 pandemic.

The trend overseas has been mostly attributed to employee burnout and wage freezes over the past two years. Many workers who delayed their resignations because of the pandemic are leaving their jobs now as the situation stabilises.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ay-2369041

Unless you dun need the pay, if not you better bring value and contribute to that paymaster

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(11-12-2021, 02:32 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Unless you dun need the pay, if not you better bring value and contribute to that paymaster

Usually employers wants the employee to earn double of what they are paid, in order for them to show a profit for the company..... Laughing Rotfl

(11-12-2021, 03:11 PM)debono Wrote:  Usually employers wants the employee to earn double of what they are paid, in order for them to show a profit for the company..... Laughing Rotfl

Minimum breakeven point their salary +25%  Vampire_bat

(11-12-2021, 05:07 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Minimum breakeven point their salary +25%  Vampire_bat

For a profit of 25%, must be able to pay for the office rent and other overheads, like stationary....... Clapping

Lina will soon know that wherever she goes, nobody will really be appreciative of her work. That's the reality of life now. People just want you for what you can contribute, they don't really care about how much hard work you put in.

That's why so many people anyhow do things, because they put in extra effort also the same as the one who's laxed.

(11-12-2021, 05:37 PM)debono Wrote:  For a profit of 25%, must be able to pay for the office rent and other overheads, like stationary....... Clapping

Yes supporting staffs.
Sometimes my team members ask why charge customers so high, I tell them, the partners, CEO, CIO, CFO, HR, Finance, IT … no need salary huh?

If your boss is a C, even worst...

(12-12-2021, 07:10 PM)Hfourhappy Wrote:  If your boss is a C, even worst...

Ceca?

Huh

8Umbrella Umbrella

(11-12-2021, 08:04 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Yes supporting staffs.
Sometimes my team members ask why charge customers so high, I tell them, the partners, CEO, CIO, CFO, HR, Finance, IT … no need salary huh?

This is true, the CEO, CFO needs to be paid, and paid highly.......