The hospital I worked at has an insane turnover rate, and insane OT numbers

The hospital I worked at has an insane turnover rate, and insane OT numbers. It operates on the lowest possible manpower to reduce costs, and an increase in manpower is pretty much impossible. We are all burned out.

Things got worse with COVID. Most of the frontliners are unable to take leave due to heavy workload, not enough manpower or simply because the manager refuses to approve (reason for leave not satisfactory enough).

Working OT is a norm, working on weekends is expected. No timeoff, no OT pay. Many staff that take leave still come back because they cannot finish their work.

I know the real reason people are leaving, but even if I were to highlight or bring it up to my manager, it gets swept under the carpet. Nothing is done because “this is Healthcare, if manpower is needed you come back from your leave”.

More at https://shrtco.de/UJYya1 (scroll down to read)
[+] 2 users Like pinkypanther's post

Friend wedding so important mey?

"Working OT is a norm, working on weekends is expected. No timeoff, no OT pay. Many staff that take leave still come back because they cannot finish their work."

this. slave drivers.

This is what I called "want cheap want green,"

Many people want to work but can't get a job hor. So who lagi stress?

No $$$ no work or got $$$ got work?
[+] 1 user Likes Notdumb's post

Last time work in mnc factory is worse that this. No job security, hire and fire.

The is the consequence of over promoting on foreign talent..sad

Time to pay more for local staff. Especially in essential service.

(12-12-2021, 07:57 PM)moonrab Wrote:  The is the consequence of over promoting on foreign talent..sad

Our govt. must do something about it, FT got job locals no job.....what an irony..... Big Grin

(12-12-2021, 07:57 PM)moonrab Wrote:  The is the consequence of over promoting on foreign talent..sad

Hospital wants to make $b how? So of course must get cheap cheap workers wat.

(12-12-2021, 08:01 PM)debono Wrote:  Our govt. must do something about it, FT got job locals no job.....what an irony..... Big Grin

Yes...pay higher salary to match the living cost in SG
Especially for essential service...

Don't bench mark salary with lower living cost neighbouring countries..
That is not SG market pay...

(12-12-2021, 08:06 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  Hospital wants to make $b how? So of course must get cheap cheap workers wat.

When pandemic struck!!!
Then they regret..

Sustainability should start years ago...
Western nations recognised this decades ago

(12-12-2021, 08:09 PM)moonrab Wrote:  When pandemic struck!!!
Then they regret..

Sustainability should start years ago...
Western nations recognised this decades ago

We not Western nation meh? Laughing

(12-12-2021, 08:08 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Yes...pay higher salary to match the living cost in SG

Yes, we cannot compare with the salaries of neighboring countries..
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

What it means by as a nurse cannot finished work and have to come back during leave period?

(12-12-2021, 08:38 PM)dynamite Wrote:  What it means by as a nurse cannot finished work and have to come back during leave period?

It means the blame stops at Ah Ong

8Umbrella Umbrella

(12-12-2021, 08:46 PM)klat Wrote:  It means the blame stops at Ah Ong

Ah Ong being the health minister must organize the whole health situation, and come out with a viable solution.... Laughing

(12-12-2021, 08:10 PM)Notdumb Wrote:  We not Western nation meh? Laughing

Sometime West
Sometime East.. Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(12-12-2021, 08:08 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Yes...pay higher salary to match the living cost in SG

Can just employ more man power and reduce the workload. Money is not everything.

(12-12-2021, 09:13 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Can just employ more man power and reduce the workload. Money is not everything.

Not every Tom, Dick and Harry can do a nurses job, they need to be trained as nurse before being able to practice......