Resumed less than 5 mths, SIA will suspend flights to Chengdu & Chongqing

"Singapore Airlines to suspend flights to Chengdu and Chongqing from March 31"

"SINGAPORE: Singapore Airlines (SIA) will suspend flights to Chengdu and Chongqing from March 31, less than five months after flights to the two Chinese cities resumed.

In response to queries, a SIA spokesman said the suspension is due to regulatory reasons, without elaborating further, including on the length of suspension."

Both cities are famous for their Sichuan Mala Hotpot.

Temasek invested heavily in shopping malls and commercial properties.

Only no license in Summer flight other seasons think still can ....

(23-03-2024, 06:35 AM)ysh02 Wrote:  Only no license in Summer flight other seasons think still can ....

In May 2018, I flew Melbourne Chengdu return A$500 by China Airlines

If I go back to Singapore will cost me A$780.00 return.

That extra A$280 equivalent to spending on 4 star hotels 3 nights in Chengdu and 2 nights in Chongqing.

Cash cow flights. Chengdu is more expensive now due to the new airport. They have 2 airports with one serving domestically and the other internationally which is the new one. Chongqing is still the same. These 2 SIA routes were closed for quite a long period during and after the pandemic. Opened for a while and is now suspended.

Haha...see la.. china official govt want more money from foreign companies lah...greedy scum china tiong ccp

My honest opinion, Singapore cannot match the combination of 3 cities; Xian, Chengdu and Chongqing - easy 290km/hour top speed trains connection.

Fantastic nightlife

On hindsight, It's a very very costly exercise for SIA to start both routes and dismantle a newly setup operation especially less than 5 months..

SIA CEOs Poor foresight

This type of negotiation, by right, should be the same as our negotiation with Malaysia RTS and HSR.

(23-03-2024, 08:01 AM)theold Wrote:  This type of negotiation, by right, should be the same as our negotiation with Malaysia RST and HSR.
China don't need SIA

It's SIA that needs China

All SIA flights can stop flying to China immediately too.

(23-03-2024, 08:04 AM)Scythian Wrote:  .
China don't need SIA

It's SIA that needs China

All SIA flights can stop flying to China immediately too.

SIA doesn't even cause slight tiny ripples in a tea cup

How come Air China is not affected?

(23-03-2024, 08:12 AM)Clyde Wrote:  How come Air China is not affected?

It's SIA choice.

SIA is bleeding profusely with empty seats on both routes

You pay, you use. Airlines and Airports operate separately. The progress is quite big before and after the pandemic.

You can take the speed train to reach another airport.