FTs grumble about soaring rents in Singapore

Expats baulk at rising rents, as some think twice about staying in Singapore amid intensifying global talent war - TODAY (todayonline.com)

Good riddance to so-called foreign talent when they leave.
[+] 2 users Like aiptasia's post

"This is worsened by the fact that foreigners do not enjoy subsidies like Singapore residents, "

tell me which country in the world gives "subsidies" to foreigners working in the country?

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html
[+] 4 users Like wendychan's post

There isn’t need to complain. If cannot afford, all these E-pass and S-pass better to go back home.
[+] 2 users Like Gemstar's post

So many becoming a complaint king.😅
Truth hurts.
They can't afford they escape from debt by going elsewhere or return to their country.
Singaporean have any option?
Singaporean has no tolerance?

Good riddance

Laughing

(28-03-2023, 09:56 AM)aiptasia Wrote:  Expats baulk at rising rents, as some think twice about staying in Singapore amid intensifying global talent war - TODAY (todayonline.com)

Totally agree! Fake talents earn so much but kaopeh rental raise. They being here contributes / part of rent raises.
[+] 2 users Like Merdeka's post

(28-03-2023, 09:56 AM)aiptasia Wrote:  Expats baulk at rising rents, as some think twice about staying in Singapore amid intensifying global talent war - TODAY (todayonline.com)

they are lying because PAP ministers said many times that housing prices are affordable.

why they do not believe the PAP ministers ?
[+] 2 users Like forum456's post

If can't afford condo, rent HDB. All these expats want to enjoy a lifestyle that most sinkies don't get in the first place. Otherwise they can just choose to return to their old lives in UK and France with the 9-10% inflation and regular strikes.
[+] 4 users Like starbugs's post

How this and other articles about "Talents" facing rental "Hardship" get on main news? Is this a rhetoric for oh say...maybe home subsidies for FTs in the future?

What about news on real locals lower and middle income feeling the heat on inflation, jobless rates etc? Sg real issues that matter!

(28-03-2023, 12:03 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  There isn’t need to complain. If cannot afford, all these E-pass and S-pass better to go back home.

Exactly... Likely these salary 3-5k/mth one. these are actually NOT TALENT ... the real talent is those minimum 10k and above.  And even these 10k and above are marginal talent
Real talent housing, company pay. My friend stationed in China stays in ascott service apartment paid by company. Another based in KL stays in fraser service apartment.

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like Tangsen's post

(28-03-2023, 11:39 AM)wendychan Wrote:  "This is worsened by the fact that foreigners do not enjoy subsidies like Singapore residents, "

tell me which country in the world gives "subsidies"  to foreigners working in the country?
Looks like all these news are out to eventually provide housing subsidies to foreign works aka govt fave talents..  Angry

cannot afford prime location then rent further out region. or even can a few share a hdb flats like ft from other countries.
really really cannot afford then move on . no need to make noise. the opportunities is here.
when everyone wants to be here so the price goes up due to market forces.
just like very expensive in those very good locations in new york, london , hk.

I find all this attention given to expat's complaints disproportionate and unnecessary. Previously we had the non-stop whining from expats over wearing masks during COVID. Then it's bitching over being difficult to return to their homeland for holidays and now all this drama over rents too high.

At the end of the day, these guys are here to work. If they chose to take up the role here and work, then it is only natural they just follow whatever the local laws and regulations are and in the case of economical affairs like rent, transport and food, make their own decision based on whatever is decided by market forces.

All this crap from people who are simply here to work is getting tiresome. I notice in other Asian cities like Hong Kong and Shanghai expats seem to be always in the limelight as well complaining one thing after another.

It sort of makes me wonder whether Asian expats based in Europe or US behave this way as well...
[+] 3 users Like maxsanic's post

This is basic economics 101.
When demand is greater than supply something else will go up.
What is there to complain?

[Image: tumblr_lt8sng973W1r36s4fo1_500.gif]

PAP owes FTs a Living

So now they can even ask for rental subsidies

But when we are jobless, did the FTs give us subsidies/ grants/ food?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

I think it is about time to raise the minimum salary requirement for those expats, s-pass holders. Must pay them more to compensate for the high cost of living in Singapore.
[+] 1 user Likes limkopi's post

(28-03-2023, 12:18 PM)starbugs Wrote:  If can't afford condo, rent HDB. All these expats want to enjoy a lifestyle that most sinkies don't get in the first place. Otherwise they can just choose to return to their old lives in UK and France with the 9-10% inflation and regular strikes.

Actually hdb rent is as high if not higher. 
Only way out  is to find  units at the less popular areas such as bikit panjang, Chua chu kang.  One can get a 3 bed rooms unit at 4 to 6 thousands.

(28-03-2023, 07:52 PM)Bigbluedot Wrote:  Actually hdb rent is as high if not higher. 
Only way out  is to find  units at the less popular areas such as bikit panjang, Chua chu kang.  One can get a 3 bed rooms unit at 4 to 6 thousands.

I think at Bukit Panjang, or Chua Chu Kang, a 3-bedroom unit should cost only 3 to 4 thousands per month................. Big Grin

(28-03-2023, 06:47 PM)Ola Wrote:  PAP owes FTs a Living

So now they can even ask for rental subsidies

But when we are jobless, did the FTs give us subsidies/ grants/ food?

I think so too FTs waitttingg for Sg govt subsidiesss
These news are to prep for it akang datang

if jo teo still manpower, sure the 1st rush to help

[Image: AgKMYQi.gif]

If they are real talent, they can easily afford the high rents. Those can't are the fake talents that take away the job from local Sg. Return back to their countries is good for Sg.
[+] 1 user Likes Instinct's post

No matter what, renting HDB is cheaper than renting condo. These "expats" should wear an appropriate hat that fits the size of their heads. Some low end ones earn only 5k a month but want to live in private apartments. Of course they cannot afford. Many such examples in YouTube.
[+] 1 user Likes starbugs's post

Why complain?
Survival for the fittest 
Can wake up early and travel to and fro JB
Rental in JB still cheap
[+] 1 user Likes Oasis's post

Japanese, they came here. Their salaries are 2 times their home salaries. But they came here disassociated from their home, thinking it was greener. Who knows the rental cut into the 1-time increase. It is still better to be at home.

They are here to steal jobs so cannot give them cheap rents.

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post