Family of late former CJ Yong Pung How donates $20m to SMU’s law s

https://news.smu.edu.sg/sites/news.smu.e...Former.pdf

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Go marry his chiobu daughter. Only daughter some more.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(09-01-2023, 05:02 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Go marry his chiobu daughter.  Only daughter some more.

His daughter is what age............? Thinking

Knn, NO good breakfast, make u 9696 liddat also can
https://yoursdp.org/news/chief_justice_y...breakfast/

(09-01-2023, 05:05 PM)debono Wrote:  His daughter is what age............? Thinking

Should be 60 this year Laughing

(09-01-2023, 05:08 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Should be 60 this year Laughing

OMG.... Big Grin

(09-01-2023, 05:09 PM)debono Wrote:  OMG.... Big Grin

They said old ladies can help alleviate rheumatism if .. Laughing

Smile

(09-01-2023, 04:34 PM)Niubee Wrote:  The sad reality is u need money to retain people.

during eclection they say to serve not to be bought over by money

(09-01-2023, 04:49 PM)debono Wrote:  Run to which company, who would pay them such obscene salaries...............? Thinking

can these mayors bring 3m profit to a company if not then is pure waste of public fund

(09-01-2023, 05:27 PM)talky Wrote:  during eclection they say to serve not to be bought over by money

During election period, they say they are there to serve the citizens........ Laughing

(09-01-2023, 04:51 PM)drgn Wrote:  don't think it is from his salary.

don't think that his pay as judge can accumulated $20m

He worked in banking for close 2 decades before becoming a judge.

https://sgtalk.net/Thread-Family-of-late...#pid468527

(09-01-2023, 05:27 PM)talky Wrote:  during eclection they say to serve not to be bought over by money

Listen for fun....Can la Laughing

Smile

Chief judge can save $20M and so generous donated out .....only happened in Singapore har...

(09-01-2023, 08:31 PM)ysh02 Wrote:  Chief judge can save $20M and so generous donated out .....only happened in Singapore har...

But CJ yong pung how did the right thing to donate to financially poor students in SMU..... Clapping

Donates money to poor students to study law and later a lawyer to earn millions dollars, from clients...

Former AG Chan Sek Keong has one daughter who was a JLC. She had very poor EQ Big Grin

(09-01-2023, 09:46 PM)ysh02 Wrote:  Donates money to poor students to study law and later a lawyer to earn millions dollars, from clients...

Hope those graduated in law will remember to pay forward to the society........ Rotfl

(09-01-2023, 09:51 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Former AG Chan Sek Keong has one daughter who was a JLC.  She had very poor EQ Big Grin

What is JLC............? Thinking

(09-01-2023, 09:54 PM)debono Wrote:  What is JLC............? Thinking

aspiring young atas chenghu lawyers roped in to do atas work for the Courts Big Grin

Very generous!

(09-01-2023, 09:53 PM)debono Wrote:  Hope those graduated in law will remember to pay forward to the society........ Rotfl

Like give free consultancy services and help to fight crimal cases too!!...

(09-01-2023, 05:43 PM)Levin Wrote:  He worked in banking for close 2 decades before becoming a judge.

https://sgtalk.net/Thread-Family-of-late...#pid468527

MOM should used him as a model for career change. 40+ become lawyer still can be CJ.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(10-01-2023, 08:02 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  MOM should used him as a model for career change. 40+ become lawyer still can be CJ.

He studied law and ish good frens with LKY Big Grin

(10-01-2023, 05:20 AM)ysh02 Wrote:  Like give free consultancy services and help to fight crimal cases too!!...

Yes when they graduated, in law, they can give pro bono to the poor here..... Clapping

(10-01-2023, 08:09 AM)debono Wrote:  Yes when they graduated, in law, they can give pro bono to the poor here..... Clapping

JLCs are Justice Law Clerks.  Atas group of chenghu lawyers Big Grin

Who will be the next?  Thinking

It shdnt be declared about his donation.
真可惜!

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(10-01-2023, 08:02 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  MOM should used him as a model for career change. 40+ become lawyer still can be CJ.

He was a lawyer before going into banking. Then he returned to law and became a judge.

(09-01-2023, 05:23 PM)Niubee Wrote:  They said old ladies can help alleviate rheumatism if .. Laughing

Toothless ones even better Big Grin

(10-01-2023, 08:15 AM)Levin Wrote:  He was a lawyer before going into banking. Then he returned to law and became a judge.

Like that lagi better.. How many ppl can afford to 2 career change, at still at the end of the day be the CJ..

Must to our "super" model for the career conversion programmes..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(10-01-2023, 10:04 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Like that lagi better.. How many ppl can afford to 2 career change, at still at the end of the day be the CJ..

Must to our "super" model for the career conversion programmes..

Colombo Plan Scholars can.  They normally read engineering and some switch to law like Lee Seiu Kin and Chan Seng Onn.  In case folks still don't recognise the names, they are your current Supreme Court judges Big Grin