5 foods to lower cholesterol

Published Fri, Sep 9 202210:06 AM EDTUpdated Fri, Sep 9 202211:24 AM EDT
Dr. Elizabeth Klodas

1. Oatmeal and oat bran

Oats contain plenty of fiber, including soluble fiber that reduces the absorption of cholesterol in your digestive system. Fiber in general is also helpful for avoiding insulin spikes that can drive up those bad cholesterol levels.

2. Almonds

A 2018 study found that almonds can lower LDL cholesterol while maintaining or even increasing HDL cholesterol — or the “good” kind that helps remove other forms of cholesterol from your bloodstream.

3. Chia seeds

Chia seeds supply plenty of essential omega-3 fatty acids. Increasing consumption of these healthy fats by even one gram per day has been associated with a 16% reduction in the risk of cardiovascular issues.

Although omega-3 fatty acids have relatively little effect on LDL, they can help raise HDL cholesterol and help lower triglycerides, a type of fat found in your blood.

4. Broccoli

Broccoli in particular is plentiful in soluble fiber, which does wonders for high cholesterol.

5. Watermelon

Watermelon naturally contains lycopene, which has lipid lowering properties, reducing total and LDL cholesterol.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/09/a-cardio...heart.html
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

I didn't even know that watermelon could help to lower cholesterol. Thanks for sharing!

Many veggies can lower cholesterol as well as bp and bs

Dont lower the wrong type of cholesterol. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

watermelons from msia the jhks inject sugar solutions into them hence the sweetness.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

I just came across your post about foods that can help lower cholesterol levels. Thanks for sharing this informative article by Dr. Elizabeth Klodas. I love how natural solutions like these can help avoid the need for medication.
Oatmeal and oat bran are a staple in my diet, and I'm happy to see that they can help reduce cholesterol absorption in the body. Almonds and chia seeds are also some of my favorite healthy snacks, so it's great to know that they can help increase HDL cholesterol levels while lowering LDL.
In return, I can recommend checking out the atorvastatin manufacturer coupon to save some money on buying drugs. Thanks again for sharing this helpful information!

Eat roll oats confirmed lower cholesterol. I am taking now too and improve gut and digestion.

Smile

Oatmeal breakfast with milk, chia seeds, black sesame seeds and goji very healthy

Almond's my go-to snack.

Thanks for sharing. 

(14-03-2023, 10:54 AM)Levin Wrote:  Almond's my go-to snack.

Used to munch on these almonds last time till I saw this De Berg's video on food that are high on the US famous herbicide.
Now totally stopped eating them.

And with the recent train derailment with potential dioxin contamination of farming land (via ground water), I will soon start to avoid US walnuts (most common source in Spore supermarts) too as we can't tell which US state are they grown in. Will be getting China (Xinjiang) walnuts instead.

(14-03-2023, 11:21 AM)sgxin Wrote:  Used to munch on these almonds last time till I saw this De Berg's video on food that are high on the US famous herbicide.
Now totally stopped eating them.

And with the recent train derailment with potential dioxin contamination of farming land (via ground water), I will soon start to avoid US walnuts (most common source in Spore supermarts) too as we can't tell which US state are they grown in. Will be getting China (Xinjiang) walnuts instead.

I just did a check on where we import our almonds from. Mainly from USA. If really got the notorious herbicide, jialat.

https://wits.worldbank.org/trade/comtrad...2C630%20Kg).