Forum: 995 operator said all ambulances out covering Covid-19 cases

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...d-19-cases

I was placed in the unfortunate position of having to call 995 after my father collapsed in the toilet on Sept 29.

I was shocked when the call operator told me that all ambulances had been deployed because of Covid-19 cases and there would be a 30- to 40-minute wait for an ambulance to reach us.

The ambulance eventually took 30 minutes to arrive, even though it was a weekday afternoon with little traffic and my home is a five-minute drive to the nearest restructured hospital, which the ambulance took him to.

I understand that we are in the middle of a pandemic, but I find it strange to be told at the time I called that all ambulances had been deployed and capacity was strained because of Covid-19.

Every second counts for patients who have suffered an emergency condition like cardiac arrest, stroke or a traffic accident, while the outcome is unlikely to be much different for a suspected Covid-19 case if he is taken to the hospital an hour later.

Is this the most effective way to triage? Are we inadvertently prioritising  some lives over others in how we are handling this pandemic?

Tan Kexin

This shows that someone's plan for spike is full of holes that cud cause death to your love ones..... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 2 users Like Huliwang's post

if all ambulances were out when she called, ofc she got to wait.

Lol, PAP said planned for 5,000 cases a day wor!

Jurong hardly hear any ambulance leh.

Can use the Army Land Rovers.

While the writer is right to raise a concern, her tone is self-contradictory and selfish. Your father's life is more important than others'? People are literally dying of Covid every day.

Quote:I understand that we are in the middle of a pandemic, but I find it strange to be told at the time I called that all ambulances had been deployed and capacity was strained because of Covid-19.

Every second counts for patients who have suffered an emergency condition like cardiac arrest, stroke or a traffic accident, while the outcome is unlikely to be much different for a suspected Covid-19 case if he is taken to the hospital an hour later.

can temp covert some mini van for c19 patients .where got problem.

Thank you PAP for providing all the stress you can give to the healthcare workers....
[Image: giphy.gif]

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!
[+] 1 user Likes ODA TETSURO's post

Ong YK's planning gone wrong. He obviously did not check how many ambulance there are in SG ( both hospital and private).

Can't he just allocate 20 approved taxis for those mild cases or those below 50 years old instead?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

OYK's art of war backfired badly causing even shortage of ambulances to serve the much needed services. Says govt has foresight of coping with 5000 cases what about those services that come along with those cases.
[+] 1 user Likes A2Z's post

(07-10-2021, 10:28 AM)starbugs Wrote:  While the writer is right to raise a concern, her tone is self-contradictory and selfish. Your father's life is more important than others'? People are literally dying of Covid every day.

Don't talk cok lah. Kena Covid can just rest at home hor!

U kena heart attack I laugh u dead!
[+] 2 users Like Notdumb's post

Since like more feedback on the system nowaday.. Oh no..

(07-10-2021, 10:53 AM)Notdumb Wrote:  Don't talk cok lah. Kena Covid can just rest at home hor!

U kena heart attack I laugh u dead!

Don't talk cock lah. With your nasty attitude, no wonder the swabbers poked you deep and hard.

U kena covid I laugh u dead!

Please expect the group of Expensive Educated Elites to do more mistakes than to do right.

And they will say it is the first time they ae under Training, just like SAF Army General Tan CW needs to undergo Training in Early Childhood Dev Agency.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Is his father like those iron teeth big ego old froggy goes kopi tiam everyday sit down and chit chat without properly wearing a mask?

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

garmen somewhat admitted shortage and did say will increase ambulance

This What Ong Y K claim " Gov For see, Well prepare ? " He will twist and turn mention OTHER countries also like this for sure when been asked.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(07-10-2021, 10:59 AM)starbugs Wrote:  Don't talk cock lah. With your nasty attitude, no wonder the swabbers poked you deep and hard.

U kena covid I laugh u dead!

U this type PAP PLP sure kena first. Don't worry PAP sure send u big ambulance.
[+] 1 user Likes Notdumb's post

(07-10-2021, 10:28 AM)starbugs Wrote:  While the writer is right to raise a concern, her tone is self-contradictory and selfish. Your father's life is more important than others'? People are literally dying of Covid every day.

No leh, she is right.  Covid patient send to hospital is not as time critical as other emergency cases. Oso. how come they ferry Covid patients and other cases in the same ambulance??!!! Dis Delta virus is so infectious. No Covid later oso become got Covid.

Goondu Koon really haisi lang. Worst ministar in the history of garbagemen. Is he actually human or a bot, seriously.
Pinky haisilang just let him mismanage MOH and dun send rescue forces to take over.
If LKY oredy no stand on ceremony, reprimand and replace.
[+] 1 user Likes luncheonmeat's post

(07-10-2021, 11:51 AM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  No leh, she is right.  Covid patient sent to hospital is not as time critical as other emergency cases. Oso. how come they ferry Covid patients and other cases in the same ambulance??!!! Dis Delta virus is so infectious. No Covid later oso become got Covid.

Goondu Koon really haisi lang. Worst ministar in the history of garbagemen. Is he actually human or a bot, seriously.
Pinky haisilang just let him mismanage MOH and dun send rescue forces to take over.
If LKY oredy no stand on ceremony, reprimand and replace.

At least u got commonsense!

You know lah. Fortune teller everyday talk and talk also got infected.

(07-10-2021, 11:36 AM)Notdumb Wrote:  U this type PAP PLP sure kena first. Don't worry PAP sure send u big ambulance.

Send casket van

Healthcare sector is like the poorer cousin. When times are good, goodies and glory go to economic agencies such as edb etc.

When times are bad, follow everyone else kena low bonus etc. Then in a pandemic, workload goes up, yet still kena left right centre. That's why locals will always avoid healthcare sector. Unless of course you are a high ses doctor. Then most of them go into private practice for Bigger money. And then into aesthetic related lagi more money. Then finally? They enter politics so they can play with watches, bad mouth schools and talk about ponding and get fantastic paycheck.

Welcome to Singapore! Uniquely so...

If in other country think a lot of healthcare worker will go on strike liao...PAP damm smart employ lots of foreigners..because they know they have to work and sent money home and their dependents here also cant afford to lose job.