Forum: Give foreigners residing in Singapore long-term a chance at a job

He has been here for less than a year and he called that long term?? His wife is also a foreigner and if they can't find a job and no longer a work pass holder, why are they still here? Does Sg owe him a living and should help to give him a job? Even locals for a long time were discriminated in their job search because of foreigners!
[+] 1 user Likes Instinct's post

(25-10-2021, 10:40 AM)starbugs Wrote:  If he has the right qualifications, the letter writer can apply for an SP or EP and he can get a job. What's stopping him from doing that?

I don't think he can.. SP or EP has to have a company as a sponsor..

This is an example of liberal our manpower policy used to be..

Someone on dependent pass can apply for a job, and the company don't to pay the levy like SP or EP.. If you refer to USa dependent pass, only selected pass type, their dependents are able to work officially.

If we didn't make noise over the last few years, the policy of dependent pass will be able to work will still be around today..

In a nutshell, we had been shortchanged and we still are.. Only by continuing to make PAP lose more GRC, then they will respect our voices..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Un...dent_visas

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..