Forum: Help needed for the 'low-wage educated' from local universities

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...e-educated

I graduated from a local university in 2009 with a Stem (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) major.

I had student debts of $30,000, and getting a job during the financial crisis at that time was a challenge.

There was little of the kind of job support and other support schemes which fresh graduates in the current pandemic crisis have now.

I've had four jobs already, and am now back at the first company that I joined.

My salary has been stagnating at 80 per cent of the national median monthly income, with a wage increase over the last 10 years that is less than that for the 20th percentile.

I hope there will be policies to help people like me, in terms of improving our wages, as it is known that graduates in a recession earn lower lifetime income compared with other cohorts.

Liu Rijing
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

Actually I don't understand.

He already has degree that opens doors to teaching jobs civil service etc.

80% median income is very good. He can easily pay up his debt.

Rest of it he has to "help himself".

I don't see any issue here.

People who don't even have a chance of uni education is more than 50% in Singapore....the opportunities is even fewer and far between

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Perhaps jobs that are suited for him taken up by FTs?

tomorrow will be a better day

Really strawberry generation. They better learn to depend on themselves more, and on govt less!

Graduates accept lower salaries during recession. When the economy recovers, they are being lagged behind as the employers would not reimburse the difference in starting salaries. Unless one switches employers, one would remain on the lower scale for life...

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!

Wah Seh!

This guy knows medium income and percentile!

He is smarter than Jac Lau.

Hey Tan SL! We are getting more educated and expect more than 2017.

Can you handle? Or you are like JoTeo?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(07-09-2021, 12:44 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Really strawberry generation. They better learn to depend on themselves more, and on govt less!

Just saw this news.

The salary date tells you about the different jobs and the respective salary in the market.

Highest Paying Jobs in Singapore 2021: Which Jobs Pay 6-Figure Annual Salaries? (msn.com)

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Pls lah , either they r damned lazy or having a rotten inflexible iron teeth attitude...

God helps those who only help themselves...u reap wat u sow...

Working life anywhere in the world is never an  easy one ...dat's why yr wage salary is called hard earned money thru blood sweat n tears...
Only then u will understand the value of money n b a responsible more sensible human being ....

Easy money, easy go...eg no use giving u free money, free vouchers  for not working or working indiffrently ...this will only spoilt one who will anyhow spend n spend , or give it away or got cheated by so many scams etc...old age, no cadh , how...cry fatger mother, also no use...how not become a cleaner old job labourer to survive

I also don't know how the govt can help him. His salary is low at under 4k with 12 year's experience, but he's not struggling and certainly earning well above survival salary.