Forum: No success with job search after 2 years

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...er-2-years

I refer to the letter from the press secretary to the Minister for Manpower, "Government listens to Singaporeans' concerns on jobs and livelihoods" (Sept 25).

It was mentioned that through the SGUnited Jobs and Skills Package, more than 128,000 local job seekers have been placed into jobs and skills opportunities.

For relevance, the conversion factor - to show how many job applicants were successful in getting jobs - should also be indicated.

The letter said job seekers can approach Workforce Singapore to get suitable placements. Unfortunately, my own experience with the Workforce Singapore website leaves much to be desired.

I am a maritime professional with more than 35 years of service, and I was made redundant in September 2019.

Since then, I have made at least 125 job applications using the Workforce Singapore website and have not received a single invitation for an interview.

Last month, I appealed to Minister for Manpower Tan See Leng for help. He replied very promptly and forwarded my request to Careers Connect, Workforce Singapore.

I was contacted by both an officer and a career coach but after a few calls and e-mail exchanges, there has been no follow-up.

I have made no progress in my quest to get employment for about two years despite using the Workforce Singapore portal, as well as trying to communicate with its staff.

Based on the comments and feedback on various social media forums, I think I am not the only one in this situation.

I hope that the Workforce Singapore recruitment process will be reviewed and reinforced with more dedicated follow-up to ensure that all eligible citizens find gainful employment.

Rajkrish Kumaran
[+] 3 users Like forum456's post

Waiting for that Malaysian LJ with CCBAI mouth to come here and show us his Prim 1 IQ again.

SG lost likely 300,000 jobs that is why useless PAP dare not say anything. Anyway, they also do  not have the full report because companies just terminate employees silently without informing MOM.

So with 128,000 found jobs to be more accurate, merely temp & low- end jobs as covid screeners, would mean that 172,000 jobless with half who has been jobless for 3 or 8 years.

The screen shot I took last year-

[Image: 3.png]

[Image: 8-Traineeships-have-duration.png]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 3 users Like Ola's post

Grabfood first... then grab job
[+] 1 user Likes FangFang's post

Sgreans need to work as Grabfood and grab drivers to serve their ceca masters.  That is the future for most sgreans Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

Who did he voted for during the last erection?

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(08-10-2021, 10:04 AM)FangFang Wrote:  Grabfood first... then grab job

you are a survivor mate... never give up

to be honest , we dont have all the details

but there something that may have made him unfavourable

pay? skills ? expectation etc ?

but generally if you are hungry ..even grab job you would go for it
[+] 1 user Likes keys's post

Mr Rajkrish Kumaran writes well, should get him into MPA. Else go set psle maths paper to avoid more heavier kind of thingy..

"I am a maritime professional with more than 35 years of service, and I was made redundant in September 2019."

Firstly the above industry for many many years already filled by pinoys and other cheaper manpower sources?

IT has abundant jobs and high pay..

Smile

I just saw his Linkedin profile. Previously holding quite a high post and should be just under 60 now. Frankly, it is time to retire. He had a good run.

Jobs apenty, high quslifications , monkey years experirence so wat ? It does not ensure an automatic job .

To nail the job, any job, first foremost , your Attitude..which determines yr success or failire in life wherever u go , own boss or no boss .

Ya ya attitude vs hungry polite well mannered guy or gal, u judge as the boss.

Workforce Singapore is similar or worse than MOH.

The worse performance of MOH can be seen when handling COVID because COVID data are published.
The worse performance of Workforce Singapore cannot be seen because only good data are published

In Singapore, you can get no help or no job for 2 years even if you seek help from govt.

In Western countries, you will get help or job within 1 year if you seek help from govt.
You will be de-registered from govt help if you reject the offered job.
[+] 2 users Like forum456's post

(08-10-2021, 11:14 AM)forum456 Wrote:  Workforce Singapore is similar or worse than MOH.

The worse performance of MOH can be seen when handling COVID because COVID data are published.
The worse performance of Workforce Singapore cannot be seen because only good data are published

In Singapore, you can get no help or no job for 2 years even if you seek help from govt.

In Western countries, you will get help or job within 1 year if you seek help from govt.
You will be de-registered from govt help if you reject the offered job.

Why there will always be complaints against CECA/FTA for job loss ?

Because there is no creditable help when citizen is unemployed.
If unemployed can find jobs, who will bother about CECA/FTA ?
[+] 2 users Like forum456's post

You all don’t make noise. Should be grateful for jobs as grab drivers and food delivery. Hail our CECA overlords Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(08-10-2021, 12:52 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  You all don’t make noise.  Should be grateful for jobs as grab drivers and food delivery.  Hail our CECA overlords Big Grin

I concur with you. I fear soon Grab and food delivery will also be stolen by foreigners when they have more rights than locals...... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(08-10-2021, 12:58 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  I concur with you. I fear soon Grab and food delivery will also be stolen by foreigners when they have more rights than locals...... Big Grin

You have indeed hit the kkj with a sledgehammer Big Grin

(08-10-2021, 09:49 AM)Ola Wrote:  Waiting for that Malaysian LJ with CCBAI mouth to come here and show us his Prim 1 IQ again.

SG lost likely 300,000 jobs that is why useless PAP dare not say anything. Anyway, they also do  not have the full report because companies just terminate employees silently without informing MOM.

So with 128,000 found jobs to be more accurate, merely temp & low- end jobs as covid screeners, would mean that 172,000 jobless with half who has been jobless for 3 or 8 years.

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

(08-10-2021, 11:00 AM)Yin yang Wrote:  Jobs apenty, high quslifications , monkey years experirence so wat ? It does not ensure an automatic job .

To nail the job, any job, first foremost , your Attitude..which determines yr success or failire in life wherever u go , own boss or no boss .

Ya ya attitude vs hungry polite well mannered guy or gal, u judge as the boss.

Attitude to be YES MEN only applies to PAP & stat boards.

Without skills and lacking like PAP Ministers, most of them will be sacked by Foreign MNCs ie Google, Citibank . . .

[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

Say what you like, once you are well over the hills it is surely more challenging to look for a job.

Which employer doesn't want a young, energetic and vibrant worker ?

Just age and retire gracefully la.
[+] 1 user Likes hansamu's post

(08-10-2021, 06:08 PM)hansamu Wrote:  Say what you like, once you are well over the hills it is surely more challenging to look for a job.

Which employer doesn't want a young, energetic and vibrant worker ?

Just age and retire gracefully la.

Those who are in their sixties, should retire and allow the job to be taken by a younger person...

He is local. So is he Ceca, PR or sinkee, new sinkee?

(08-10-2021, 09:49 AM)Ola Wrote:  Waiting for that Malaysian LJ with CCBAI mouth to come here and show us his Prim 1 IQ again.

still contemplateing to increase gst  !!!
[+] 1 user Likes talky's post

(09-10-2021, 10:25 AM)talky Wrote:  still contemplateing to increase gst  !!!

PAP are jokers.

Made us poor and then tax us to say GST is to help us.

I have never come across such stupid logic in my life.

[+] 2 users Like Ola's post

(09-10-2021, 10:38 AM)Ola Wrote:  PAP are jokers.

Made us poor and then tax us to say GST is to help us.

I have never come across such stupid logic in my life.

Their logic is that the rich will buy expensive items, and therefore they will be paying much for GST.  After saying that, essentials like, rice, sugar, water and electricity will also be taxed by GST..

at this age, he will need to know someone to get a decent job.
otherwise, possibly can go for 1 of those job shunned by the local.
i don't think workforce sg will be able to help, maybe just talk talk only.

(08-10-2021, 09:50 PM)Harry Lee Wrote:  He is local. So is he Ceca, PR or sinkee, new s

CECA as we know is only an AGREEMENT between India and Singapore.  Whichever country benefits more from it, we can argue in another thread.

It is a neutral word.  But if you want to personify CECA to refer to a nation of people, then this is what happens:

39 % x 2.60 million voters calling Indians =====> CECA or ceca
Over 1.3 billion Indians calling 39% x 2.6 million voters =====> CECA or ceca.

1,300 million Indians vs 0.39 x 2.6 million losers.

So you call them CECA or ceca, they can equally call you that.  And since both countries believe in democracy, well, which country has more people calling the other CECA or ceca?

By an overwhelming majority vote count:  CECA/ceca = sinkies.    Clapping

His case is due to age, more help needed from govt
for older citizens to get back into work force, age discrimination
will be faced by us

(08-10-2021, 05:32 PM)Ola Wrote:  Attitude to be YES MEN only applies to PAP & stat boards.

Without skills and lacking like PAP Ministers, most of them will be sacked by Foreign MNCs ie Google, Citibank . . .

every word is true

They will say why you cannot be Grab rider, PHV , cleaner, security guard
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post