18 SEPT: 1,009 new Covid-19 cases

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/h...-dies-from

Singapore saw its 60th Covid-19 fatality when an unvaccinated 90-year-old man died on Friday, said the Ministry of Health (MOH) on Saturday (Sept 18).

Singapore also saw more than 1,000 Covid-19 cases on Saturday with a total of 1,009 new cases reported, the highest daily number since April 23, last year.

The man had a history of cancer, heart disease and pneumonia and was taken to the National Centre for Infectious Diseases on Friday with symptoms, and tested positive for Covid-19 infection that day.

Of the 1,009 cases, 926 were cases in the community and 78 cases were among dormitory residents.

Of the local cases on Saturday, 269 are seniors above 60 years old.

There were also five imported cases.

The total number of infections in Singapore now stands at 76,792.

There was also a new Covid-19 cluster at Pfizer Asia Pacific with 22 cases.

Of these, 20 are staff and two are cleaners. MOH said the facility is not involved in vaccine production.

There are currently 863 Covid-19 patients in the hospital, up from 813 the day before.

There are also 105 cases in need of oxygen supplementation and 18 in critical condition in the intensive care unit.

Of those who have fallen very ill, 100 are seniors above 60.

MOH also said some of Singapore's public hospitals are experiencing a surge in the number of patients who have rushed to their A&E departments with mild acute respiratory infection (ARI) symptoms.
[+] 2 users Like forum456's post

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/d...-sep-2021)

Summary of local situation

· 863 cases are currently warded in hospital. There are currently 105 cases of serious illness requiring oxygen supplementation, and 18 in critical condition in the intensive care unit (ICU).

· Over the last 28 days, of the 10,017 infected individuals, 98.1% have no or mild symptoms, 1.7% requires oxygen supplementation, 0.2% requires ICU care, and 0.04% has died.

· As of 17 September 2021, 82% of our population has completed their full regimen/ received two doses of COVID-19 vaccines, and 84% has received at least one dose.

· As of 18 September 2021, 12pm, the Ministry of Health has detected a total of 1,009 new cases of COVID-19 infection in Singapore, with 926 in the community, 78 in the migrant worker dormitories and 5 imported cases.

As of 18 September 2021, 12pm, 863 COVID-19 cases are currently warded in hospital. Most are well and under observation. There are currently 105 cases of serious illness requiring oxygen supplementation, and 18 in critical condition in the ICU. Of those who have fallen very ill, 100 are seniors above 60 years

2.  Case 78675, a 90 year-old male Singaporean, has passed away from complications due to COVID-19 infection on 17 September 2021. He had been conveyed to the National Centre for Infectious Diseases on 17 September with symptoms, and tested positive for COVID-19 infection on the same day. He had not been vaccinated against COVID-19, and had a history of cancer, heart disease and pneumonia. In total, 60 have passed away from complications due to COVID-19 infection.

3.  Some of our public hospitals have been experiencing a surge in the number of patients who have rushed to their A&E departments with mild acute respiratory infection (ARI) symptoms

We urge those who have mild symptoms to avoid seeking treatment at the hospitals and instead consult a General Practitioner (GP) at a Swab and Send Home (SASH) clinic instead. The SASH GPs are capable of assessing the severity of their symptoms and perform COVID-19 diagnostic tests when needed to confirm their status. This allows those with more severe illnesses and who are in need of urgent care to be attended to quickly and helps to preserve hospital capacity for those who truly need hospital care.

Wow...18 in ICU. Death numbers are going to explode in the next few days.
[+] 1 user Likes starbugs's post

once the number hits 1000, it will move towards 2000.
once 2000 is hit, PAP will have to declare CB.

ICU beds will also increase and A&E will be flooded.
Hospitals will be under stress.

Schools will soon be affected.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

I still think pap infections figures are massage and untrue. When they predict it will hit 1k it reaches very fast. Knowing that they lie in parliament, how to believe them let alone trust.
[+] 1 user Likes Great's post

(19-09-2021, 09:30 AM)Great Wrote:  I still think pap infections figures are massage and untrue. When they predict it will hit 1k it reaches very fast. Knowing that they lie in parliament, how to believe them let alone trust.

They lied for the 61 percent to believe and they feel safe liao....... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 2 users Like Huliwang's post

(19-09-2021, 09:30 AM)Great Wrote:  I still think pap infections figures are massage and untrue. When they predict it will hit 1k it reaches very fast. Knowing that they lie in parliament, how to believe them let alone trust.

the number can be controlled.
if they test more and fast, the number will be high.
if they test less and slow, the number will be low.
but the final total number will be the same.

they never predict, they know the number beforehand and talk about it and then release the number at midnight.

That is why they know cases will hit 1000 har...

(19-09-2021, 10:11 AM)ysh02 Wrote:  That is why they know cases will hit 1000 har...

MOH has the data before anyone else, therefore they can predict accurately the numbers.....
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(19-09-2021, 10:11 AM)ysh02 Wrote:  That is why they know cases will hit 1000 har...

when the number is very big, they will tell you what they will do and then release the number at midnight.
when you know the number, you will not be shocked because they have taken action.

if they release the big number in the afternoon without any action, everyone will be shocked and complained.

So instead of playing with words, can also play with time.
Lol
[+] 1 user Likes hansamu's post

Let's OPEN UP MORE  nudie
SG is just 1 cluster ... CoVid is everywhere and already proven jabbed reduced the chance of serious illness

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

[Image: covid-cartoon.gif]

upload pictures online

(19-09-2021, 12:34 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Let's OPEN UP MORE  nudie
SG is just 1 cluster ... CoVid is everywhere and already proven jabbed reduced the chance of serious illness

Agreed. Let's open up. No need to wear mask. No need number of pax restrictions at restaurants, or gathering, and most importantly, no more discrimination against no jab.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(19-09-2021, 03:27 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Agreed. Let's open up. No need to wear mask. No need number of pax restrictions at restaurants, or gathering, and most importantly, no more discrimination against no jab.

I agreed, those dun wanna jab is their choice. Make all residents jab or no jab buy insurance to cover their medical if they get sick, cannot depend on tax payer $$$ anymore.

[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

https://imgur.com/5KrBSQ4

Walaneh.........majority jabbed with Pfizer......sipeh jialat.
[+] 1 user Likes SotongOngTee's post

(19-09-2021, 09:20 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  I agreed, those dun wanna jab is their choice. Make all residents jab or no jab buy insurance to cover their medical if they get sick, cannot depend on tax payer $$$ anymore.

Err.. we are already buying insurance in the form of medishield??

But wait, are you suggesting that medishield premium going to raise again?

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(20-09-2021, 08:51 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Err.. we are already buying insurance in the form of medishield??

But wait, are you suggesting that medishield premium going to raise again?

Dun covid pandemic mah