Future Cross Island Line stations revealed in LTA exhibition

12 future MRT stations on the Cross Island Line have been revealed in a virtual exhibition by the Land Transport Authority.

In November 2021, LTA launched the “Connecting People, Places & Possibilities” Virtual Exhibition. In a panel titled “MRT Network as the Backbone of Public Transport”, a MRT system map was showcased with the alignment of Phase 2 of the Cross Island Line, indicated by a dotted line with a lighter shade of green.

Starting from the eastern end of the map, a new CR1 station interchanges with a future extension of the Thomson-East Coast Line, which is most likely to be the future Changi Airport Terminal 5 station. The Thomson-East Coast Line Extension, first mentioned in the Land Transport Master Plan 2040, will extend the line from the eastern Sungei Bedok terminus to Tanah Merah, via Changi Airport Terminal 5 and Expo.

Continuing from Bright Hill station, 11 new stations trail towards the western end of the map, including 4 new interchange stations.

https://landtransportguru.net/future-cro...xhibition/

8Umbrella Umbrella

Proximity of HDB prices gonna skyrocket

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

Esp Clementi hdb prices gonna shoot up and up 5 years from now

8Umbrella Umbrella

(05-12-2021, 09:15 AM)klat Wrote:  12 future MRT stations on the Cross Island Line have been revealed in a virtual exhibition by the Land Transport Authority.

In November 2021, LTA launched the “Connecting People, Places & Possibilities” Virtual Exhibition. In a panel titled “MRT Network as the Backbone of Public Transport”, a MRT system map was showcased with the alignment of Phase 2 of the Cross Island Line, indicated by a dotted line with a lighter shade of green.

Starting from the eastern end of the map, a new CR1 station interchanges with a future extension of the Thomson-East Coast Line, which is most likely to be the future Changi Airport Terminal 5 station. The Thomson-East Coast Line Extension, first mentioned in the Land Transport Master Plan 2040, will extend the line from the eastern Sungei Bedok terminus to Tanah Merah, via Changi Airport Terminal 5 and Expo.

Continuing from Bright Hill station, 11 new stations trail towards the western end of the map, including 4 new interchange stations.

https://landtransportguru.net/future-cro...xhibition/

From a raw Diamond ,craving & cutting reaching 80%.

In 2050, can take MRT to Pulau Ubin, but many here can’t see that happen.

(05-12-2021, 09:39 AM)klat Wrote:  Esp Clementi hdb prices gonna shoot up and up 5 years from now

Not a useful line as westward, the line goes to the Jurong Industrial area, which doesn't offer much high paying white collar jobs.
Eastward no business districts either.

Also having the line going through King Albert Park stn isn't optimal imo as it doesn't offer a direct link for residents in both Beauty World area and Clementi.
Nothing much at KAP except for MGS and the small mall that is now owned by Tuan Sing.

What about Lim Chu Kang line? they are clearing all the cemeteries there, get ready to develop LCK New Town?

(05-12-2021, 10:51 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  What about Lim Chu Kang line? they are clearing all the cemeteries there, get ready to develop LCK New Town?

Heard that part for growing vegetable e t c,, Big Grin

(05-12-2021, 10:42 AM)sgxin Wrote:  Not a useful line as westward, the line goes to the Jurong Industrial area, which doesn't offer much high paying white collar jobs.
Eastward no business districts either.

Also having the line going through King Albert Park stn isn't optimal imo as it doesn't offer a direct link for residents in both Beauty World area and Clementi.
Nothing much at KAP except for MGS and the small mall that is now owned by Tuan Sing.

Few stations can be skipped as our population and economy growth is set to slow down significantly.
Downtown Line 3, Circle Line 6, Jurong Region Line Thomson-East Coast Line all similarly have few unnecessary stations. 

Wasting money if no crowd to sustain. Easily multi billions waste if not careful.

(05-12-2021, 11:26 AM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  Few stations can be skipped as our population and economy growth is set to slow down significantly.
Downtown Line 3, Circle Line 6, Jurong Region Line Thomson-East Coast Line all similarly have few unnecessary stations. 

Wasting money if no crowd to sustain. Easily multi billions waste if not careful.

Thats y must increase fares 3 X a year mah. Laughing

In future, having a mrt station within walking distance from your house is not longer a selling point.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(05-12-2021, 11:38 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  In future, having a mrt station within walking distance from your house is not longer a selling point.

Yes, next time selling point is that the apartment or house should be further away from the mrt. 
Why? Because it will be less crowded and less noisy.

I prefer as quiet as a mouse.

(05-12-2021, 11:36 AM)Notdumb Wrote:  Thats y must increase fares 3 X a year mah. Laughing

Not just building cost but operating cost as well.
Doubt TH is saint.

EH?

Abit like the blue line that goes in a stupid round- about.

The future CIL is also like another Tourist line.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Istana is a waste of land. Should vacate and relocate to changi 尾

(05-12-2021, 09:31 AM)Galilo_l Wrote:  Proximity of HDB prices gonna skyrocket

Do you realise at this rate of advising stations the majority of HDB flats will be within 400m of an MRT station.

It sort of equalises everything

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

[Image: Cross-Island-Line-01.png]