George Yeo New Book : Some felt LKY purposely hurt his campaign in Aljunied

(07-03-2024, 06:50 AM)Scythian Wrote:  .
Sadly, has been struggling in private sector after leaving politics.

How many of his former peers got the guts like Georgy?

seems useless and can't find a job after leaving politics

(07-03-2024, 11:24 AM)maxsanic Wrote:  Actually George Yeo had a good career in Kuok Group after leaving politics, the family treats him well and although final decision ultimately lies with Robert Kuok, he seems to have been given quite a bit of autonomy at Kerry Logistics. Kudos to him for not following the usual PAP elites who just hop on to some government committee or GLC board.

He's built quite a name for himself in the academic and think tank international scene, so all in I would say his career after politics has been successful.
George Yeo's new book details 'tensions', complex ties with Lee Kuan Yew and why he nearly quit PAP after Aljunied GRC loss.

Better quit PAP for he is the right words. Tongue

(08-03-2024, 09:56 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  I think this book is another rubbish like AhButt's daily dose of complains and bad mouthing from PAP to China. You may like it if you are CECArians.     Big Grin

"Is A Deadly Error", b'cos Singaporean respect not on him, regarding about it latest story he trying or selling... Tongue

He just don't know how to handle the Workers foreign workers immigration on coming (This's Once Upon a Time Story) a  communty staying space in Serangoon Garden Way... Clapping that is not tell 100% on the truth.

dead man can't clarify.

(07-03-2024, 10:59 AM)Oyk Wrote:  He's 68. Not 28 or 38.

"Actually George Yeo had a good career in Kuok Group after leaving politics,"... why he's leaving?.

I had a close encounter with GY and we chatted. I think he is still very much hurt by the dropping out of politics. He should move on and find closure.

It was a good chat.

(09-03-2024, 08:18 AM)Sticw Wrote:  I had a close encounter with GY and we chatted. I think he is still very much hurt by the dropping out of politics. He should move on and find closure.

It was a good chat.

From earning 180k to 50k.

(09-03-2024, 07:50 AM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  "Actually George Yeo had a good career in Kuok Group after leaving politics,"... why he's leaving?.

At 68, who still talks about "career"?  You?

Let's agree that GY is a multimillionaire.  You want to talk about career with him?

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(08-03-2024, 11:11 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Ha.. trying to divert when kena corner. The next pm potential pm is a ceca? U really giving our local Indian community a bad name.

Can name a ceca mp we had currently?

Stop twisting and turning.  We can see it, CECA, even if you try to hide. Rolleyes

[Image: stock-photo-cat-tail-hidden-behind-the-c...061936.jpg]

自古以来老大是不会用比他有能力的手下。就是这么简单。

(08-03-2024, 07:51 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  There's another revelation provided by George. That is, LHL may have felt threatened by him. I suspect that his"colleagues" may have included LHL.

Hence, after he lost the election, he was quickly asked by LHL to step down from CEC, even though he still had a year left to next term. Obviously LHL can't wait to see him go. If not for the fact that LHL is LKY's son, our current PM may be George.

This was alluded to in Francis Seow's book, "The Media Enthralled". This is what he wrote:

Quote:The appointment, therefore, of Brig. Gen. George Yeo as information minister may not be entirely accidental, as he appears to be a person after Lee's own heart. He echoes not only the senior minister's thoughts, but apes his turn of phrases with such exactitude that he is spoken of in media circles and elsewhere as the "surrogate son." He is often included in Lee's entourage in his incessant overseas junkets, a sure sign of favour.

Another excerpt:

Quote:But, recently, Brig. Gen. George Yeo, the minister for information and the arts-who is increasingly moulding himself into a plastic copy of the prime minister-revived the guru's teachings that if a journalist uses the newspaper columns to campaign for an issue, and denies the minister or the civil servants the right to rebut it in those newspaper columns, or insists on having the last word after their rebuttals, then, he should "leave the newspaper and enter the political arena."

Ignore List: Oyk

(09-03-2024, 09:22 AM)Oyk Wrote:  At 68, who still talks about "career"?  You?

Let's agree that GY is a multimillionaire.  You want to talk about career with him?
Once Upon a Time Kouk group and now is still Owing Many Group... Clapping or is it too small for him. Tongue
https://www.kuokgroup.com/businesses

(09-03-2024, 12:46 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  Once Upon a Time Kouk group and now is still Owing Many Group... Clapping or is it too small for him. Tongue
https://www.kuokgroup.com/businesses
I think?, Kerry Group is not a cup of tea for him. Rotfl

(09-03-2024, 12:52 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  I think?, Kerry Group is not a cup of tea for him. Rotfl

From what I understand from acquaintances who work in Kuok Group, George Yeo was hired with the intention that he set up the foundations in Kerry for Robert Kuok's younger son, Hua, (who was a tad too young at that time) to take over. Once Hua built up credibility and reach of age, his work was done and Hua naturally took over the reins.

At least the two chaps who work there I know say externally there were no signs that George Yeo was unhappy over there. In fact he seemed to be enjoying himself there as elder Kuok was very flexible and allowed him to pursue his personal high profile interests simultaneously seeing them as a way to raise the profile of Kerry at the same time.

(09-03-2024, 01:04 PM)maxsanic Wrote:  From what I understand from acquaintances who work in Kuok Group, George Yeo was hired with the intention that he set up the foundations in Kerry for Robert Kuok's younger son, Hua, (who was a tad too young at that time) to take over. Once Hua built up credibility and reach of age, his work was done and Hua naturally took over the reins.

At least the two chaps who work there I know say externally there were no signs that George Yeo was unhappy over there. In fact he seemed to be enjoying himself there as elder Kuok was very flexible and allowed him to pursue his personal high profile interests simultaneously seeing them as a way to raise the profile of Kerry at the same time.
OIC...elder Kuok want his younger son to be in Kerry.

(09-03-2024, 08:36 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  OIC...elder Kuok want his younger son to be in Kerry.
Robert Kuok's is buy again in Singaopre.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathanbur...4e05b263f4

(09-03-2024, 09:27 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Stop twisting and turning.  We can see it, CECA, even if you try to hide. Rolleyes

[Image: stock-photo-cat-tail-hidden-behind-the-c...061936.jpg]

Ha. Ceca calling other a ceca. So why u stop yr han shit. Say too much until cannot defend yr point?

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(09-03-2024, 09:03 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Ha. Ceca calling other a ceca. So why u stop yr han shit. Say too much until cannot defend yr point?

I rest my case.  Rolleyes

(08-03-2024, 04:48 PM)Oyk Wrote:  sgtalk Oyk A DICKHEAD
sgtalk Oyk FUCKED OWN MAMA

(09-03-2024, 07:11 AM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  George Yeo's new book details 'tensions', complex ties with Lee Kuan Yew and why he nearly quit PAP after Aljunied GRC loss.

[Image: Screenshot-20240310-225908-Chrome.jpg]
Better quit PAP for he is the right words. Tongue

(08-03-2024, 06:43 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  There's another Yeo that is at least as brilliant, if not more, and that is Philip Yeo. I'm looking forward to his next book but dun think he'll come out with one.

This one cannot lah. This one Zionist western deep state senpai ar gar liao one.

Later ban Huawei base stations, routers etc, ban TikTok… the Singapore can only rely on less advanced western/jap/india tech

(12-03-2024, 12:51 PM)goodboy Wrote:  This one cannot lah. This one Zionist western deep state senpai ar gar liao one.

Later ban Huawei base stations, routers etc, ban TikTok… the Singapore can only rely on less advanced western/jap/india tech

Is he pro-West? I didn't know about that. Do you have any dealings with him to claim this?

I just thought that he's someone who is very hands-on and read widely to find out for himself instead of solely relying on his lieutenants. Of cos, I dun think he would have made it under current circumstances because the civil service now cannot have a maverick. He's lucky that he has GKS as his boss.

(12-03-2024, 01:05 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Is he pro-West? I didn't know about that. Do you have any dealings with him to claim this?

I just thought that he's someone who is very hands-on and read widely to find out for himself instead of solely relying on his lieutenants. Of cos, I dun think he would have made it under current circumstances because the civil service now cannot have a maverick. He's lucky that he has GKS as his boss.

Everyone in Asia is pro-West, even most of the PRC population is pro-West. Even XJP and most of the politburo is pro-West.

The question you should be asking is whether one is anti-Chinese.

(12-03-2024, 03:03 PM)goodboy Wrote:  Everyone in Asia is pro-West, even most of the PRC population is pro-West. Even XJP and most of the politburo is pro-West.

The question you should be asking is whether one is anti-Chinese.

Not true for me lor. No need to be pro this pro that. If they have something good for us to learn we just learn. So how about Philip Yeo? He's anti-Chinese huh?

(12-03-2024, 03:51 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Not true for me lor. No need to be pro this pro that. If they have something good for us to learn we just learn. So how about Philip Yeo? He's anti-Chinese huh?

I dunno about now. He's an old old man now, waiting to uplorry

i hated all these PAP losers

got guts setup your own party and win election

no need to relies on PAP

georgie poor thing sia....

hypocrite tony tan book launch, pinky was there

chao ceca motherland book launch, pinky proudly made a speech

georgie book launch, pinky not even bat an eyelid

can tell alot from pinkys character

(12-03-2024, 08:29 PM)goodboy Wrote:  I dunno about now. He's an old old man now, waiting to uplorry

What a shame. I would like to see him sparring with the ministers.

He must have spend too much time flying all over the world signing the free trade agreements.

(12-03-2024, 10:16 PM)KILLjoy Wrote:  georgie poor thing sia....

hypocrite tony tan book launch, pinky was there

chao ceca motherland book launch, pinky proudly made a speech

georgie book launch, pinky not even bat an eyelid

can tell alot from pinkys character

George Yeo is the CCP mouthpiece of SG. From here, wumaos can read the sign on the wall what the PAP and government think of CHINA. And of YOU. ANYONE POOR AND FAILURE ENOUGH SO LOW SELF ESTEEM SO LATCH TO CHINA.

https://youtu.be/p9ey80QWvRI?si=bGnZ78Q49jcXe0f4

Laughing Laughing Laughing