Engineer Terry describes how they came after him with multiple lawsuits for TOC site

Interesting interview describing how the regime operates at all levels:

1. Legal level constantly creating new laws to create legal impediments. Also laws that has alot of arbitrary content.

2. Character assassination methods to make it look like he is a foreigner funded site. Actually, Terry has been funding the site with his engineering income because it make losses every year. All donor names given to IMDA and dispute over 2 donors where full name is given but he couldn't get the IC number. But on the state controlled media he is look like he is engaged in nefarious activities for foreigners.

3. He put himself at great risks so that alternative views can be aired.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(18-09-2021, 10:19 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Interesting interview describing how the regime operates at all levels:

1. Legal level constantly creating new laws to create legal impediments. Also laws that has alot of arbitrary content.

2. Character assassination methods to make it look like he is a foreigner funded site. Actually, Terry has been funding the site with his engineering income because it make losses every year. All donor names given to IMDA and dispute over 2 donors where full name is given but he couldn't get the IC number. But on the state controlled media he is look like he is engaged in nefarious activities for foreigners.

3. He put himself at great risks so that alternative views can be aired.

Interesting. Character assasination. The PnP found him to be a threat. So they come out with all sorts of new laws to get him.

Just attack him so that others are scared to follow.

Are you scared????

(18-09-2021, 01:45 PM)Stoki Wrote:  Interesting. Character assasination. The PnP found him to be a threat. So they come out with all sorts of new laws to get him.

Just attack him so that others are scared to follow.

Are you scared????
Why shd one be scared when they are facts and truths. Is only when one stand strong and not been cowed by bullies, he wil win the fight whilst the other party wil be back-fired instead. Is not for 1 person to judge, but, it wil be by many to see with their eyes of righteousness and fairness of justice.
[+] 1 user Likes Gemstar's post

(18-09-2021, 02:00 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  Why shd one be scared when they are facts and truths. Is only when one stand strong and not been cowed by bullies, he wil win the fight whilst the other party wil be back-fired instead. Is not for 1 person to judge, but, it wil be by many to see with their eyes of righteousness and fairness of justice.

The pap has tried all means to bring down those who speak against them using all opportunities for example leong sze hian for sharing an article. In the past when the pap opposition gain seats like JBJ was bankrupted because he was not afraid to speak up. And Chia thye  poh was detained by the pap govt for 30 plus yr without trial. Poh Soo Kai was detained 26 yrs on unproven charges and when he was released he warned us about the PAP system.

So they can cause real suffering ....and carry out unconscionable acts  to preserve their power.

I don't think it right to say there is nothing to fear....as thy are not guided by principles of right and wrong.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(18-09-2021, 03:00 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The pap has tried all means to bring down those who speak against them using all opportunities for example leong sze hian for sharing an article. In the past when the pap opposition gain seats like JBJ was bankrupted because he was not afraid to speak up. And Chia thye  poh was detained by the pap govt for 30 plus yr without trial. Poh Soo Kai was detained 26 yrs on unproven charges and when he was released he warned us about the PAP system.

So they can cause real suffering ....and carry out unconscionable acts  to preserve their power.

I don't think it right to say there is nothing to fear....as thy are not guided by principles of right and wrong.
I totally agrees with your points. To conclude, those specific people that that hv a heavier muscle weight hv no principles. They believed they hv special powers to overrule whether is right or wrong.

(18-09-2021, 03:00 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The pap has tried all means to bring down those who speak against them using all opportunities for example leong sze hian for sharing an article. In the past when the pap opposition gain seats like JBJ was bankrupted because he was not afraid to speak up. And Chia thye  poh was detained by the pap govt for 30 plus yr without trial. Poh Soo Kai was detained 26 yrs on unproven charges and when he was released he warned us about the PAP system.

Leong Sze Han and Terry are brave but oso stupiak and foolish. They were pofmaed bcos they posted rubbish links to articles impugning Pinky's character. 1 linking Pinky to Jib kor's scandal, another to Pinky and familee internal squabble. Oredy garbagemen looking to tekan you still give them opening. Blame who. 

Dis articles no help Sinpwn in any way but besmirches its leader's reputation, dun see why Pinky cannot defend himself.

(18-09-2021, 04:04 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  Leong Sze Han and Terry are brave but oso stupiak and foolish. They were pofmaed bcos they posted rubbish links to articles impugning Pinky's character. 1 linking Pinky to Jib kor's scandal, another to Pinky and familee internal squabble. Oredy garbagemen looking to tekan you still give them opening. Blame who. 

Dis articles no help Sinpwn in any way but besmirches its leader's reputation, dun see why Pinky cannot defend himself.

I would not say they were totally careless one shared a link the other quoted the PM's sister both did not invent what was written. Only in Singapore they don't go after originator.....

Leong has had several hundred online talks and articles  they went after him on this sharing incident. They were monitoring for some slip up if one is active only soon or later there will one sentence they can pick to sue you...its something like a surveillance state where they watch certain citizens waiting to produce and make them examples so others will be fearful.

This is actually bad for the country as fear become pervasive.

Leong

WIll they make it a law that one cannot crowd fund when one is politically sued?

Laughing

(18-09-2021, 04:04 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  Leong Sze Han and Terry are brave but oso stupiak and foolish. They were pofmaed bcos they posted rubbish links to articles impugning Pinky's character. 1 linking Pinky to Jib kor's scandal, another to Pinky and familee internal squabble. Oredy garbagemen looking to tekan you still give them opening. Blame who. 

But LZH only forwarded FB link without comment.. While the law say he is guilty as charged, what the law didn't do is to charged everyone single one who forwarded the same FB link.. Isn't law equal for everyone? Why someone has the 'privilege' to be charged while others are not.

For that, I pity LZH.. For Terry, I didn't read as much on the TOC lawsuit, so not in a position to comment.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..