Can any expert share this.

If say yr parent have criminal or bankruptcy record or have record mental illness in say IMH.  Will these affect their children career. 

Thank u. I ask cause one of my buddies is in deep shit. Ty🙏🏻

walau.. so many reader no one know this question??? really???

(23-10-2023, 12:26 PM)victortan Wrote:  If say yr parent have criminal or bankruptcy record or have record mental illness in say IMH.  Will these affect their children career. 

in civil service then yes................

when you want to join civil service, the relevant authority will check your 3 generations criminal record.

especially when apply govt scholarship or whatever awards prizes not only check 3 generations yr friends relatives n whoever u hv associated with

Don’t know got to goggle

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

Government sector, yes. The private sector, no. For the former, it will affect but must be smart in answering questions, consistency.

(23-10-2023, 12:26 PM)victortan Wrote:  If say yr parent have criminal or bankruptcy record or have record mental illness in say IMH.  Will these affect their children career. 

Mental illness generally no, maybe (my guess) it might affect your career in some way if you are aiming for the highest offices in the public sector i.e. Deputy Secretary & Above for Ministries or CE for statutory boards, otherwise it makes no difference in 99.9% of the cases.

Bankruptcy in the family though will likely affect your security clearance. This means that you will not be able to take up certain jobs in sensitive government organizations that require a high level of clearance regardless of the job grade of the position.

(24-10-2023, 12:14 PM)theold Wrote:  Government sector, yes. The private sector, no. For the former, it will affect but must be smart in answering questions, consistency.

Don confessed freely easily unless cornered. ROT.
 Some bosses small gas.

(24-10-2023, 09:06 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  when you want to join civil service, the relevant authority will check your 3 generations criminal record.

More correct should be ancestors 18 generations.

Sentinel should know he is from imh no job and always list out people to attack Falsely

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

Yes.

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

HDB is judgement proof..that means even if yr co owner passed away, U the bankruptcy now fully own the flat, the credicator also cannot force u to sell the flat to pay them according to what i ask for him with the ministry of law. Even the high court also got no power to force u to sell and recover the debt for creditor.

Lukcy our govt smart to have this protected, otherwise many bankrupt and their family will be homeless..

Unless it is a pte property held by both husband n wife, so when one dies the other will be force to sell and pay creditor.

But as to career of his children affected by this, that i do not know.. got to ask HR of any coy,. but i am retire, HR know this better.

But i still dont htink it will effect the kid careerr, otherwise those drug trafficker or rapist children will be sack from their job is ridiculous. How can the kid be punish for the father mistake, They are 2 different entity, isnt it???

copy and paste from Minnistry of law website...............................

10. What type of assets/properties are protected from creditors?

Certain types of assets/properties are protected against creditors by law and therefore cannot be sold or taken over by the Official Assignee.

Such properties include:

Properties held on trust by the bankrupt
HDB flats where at least one of the owners is a Singapore Citizen ( this one i also ask, what if the bankrupt is the only owner??? By law the creditor too cannot force the debtor to sell so they can recover their debt.) thank god, the law is make to protect kid so they got a place to stay..
Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions
necessary household furniture, personal effects
limited tools of trade
life insurance policies held on express trust for the benefit of the bankrupt’s spouse or children
compensation awarded for legal action in respect of personal injuries or wrongful acts against the bankrupt.