Govt should grant paid leave to elderly workers as covid19 spreads...

Yesterday 8 more elderly Singaporeas passed on.
I am writing this because their lives matter and we should save them.

My mom is lucky as she is no longer working and can stay home to self isolate 
This is not so for thousands of eldeely working poor in Singapore who have to work as there is no national pension scheme so that they can retire. We are not here to debate whether it is humane for our citizens to work until they die in normal times but now when the situation is very risky.

Many of our elderly are in menial front line jobs such as cleaners which expose them to infection as they area in contact with many. We should stop this situation by letting them self isolate by granting them paid leave during this high risk period! Many of such jobs cannot work from home!

Plae spare a thought for our working elderly. Their lives matter.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

[Image: Screenshot-20210930-065939.png]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I strongly urge the govt to do this.

We cannot put our elderly at risk.
Many have no choice as they need to work to be able to survive.

Likely those are frontline workers as hawkers, cleaners . . . .etc

There is no way they can prevent covid infection.

Can the over-rated and over- educated Tan SL create BETTER jobs for them so that they can also enjoy WFH?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Can PAP put the working elderly in 4 weeks welfare?

The useless MCYS should start planning now for our Future when we are old and the same thing may repeat-

[Image: AIC-Snrs-stay-at-Home-4-weeks-Sept-21.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(30-09-2021, 06:55 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Yesterday 8 more elderly Singaporeas passed on.
I am writing this because their lives matter and we should save them.

My mom is lucky as she is no longer working and can stay home to self isolate 
This is not so for thousands of eldeely working poor in Singapore who have to work as there is no national pension scheme so that they can retire. We are not here to debate whether it is humane for our citizens to work until they die in normal times but now when the situation is very risky.

Many of our elderly are in menial front line jobs such as cleaners which expose them to infection as they area in contact with many. We should stop this situation by letting them self isolate by granting them paid leave during this high risk period! Many of such jobs cannot work from home!

Plae spare a thought for our working elderly. Their lives matter.

My friend, this problem has been rotting away way way before covid .... why are our 60s, 70s and even 80s are still working or some whities might put in ....exercising

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

4 weeks leave for elderiles, gahmen sure can pay. But then not enough workers to serve you food, clean tables, clear rubbish, drive you around. How to solve this first?

(30-09-2021, 10:16 PM)RichDad Wrote:  4 weeks leave for elderiles, gahmen sure can pay. But then not enough workers to serve you food, clean tables, clear rubbish, drive you around. How to solve this first?

Now ownself clear and clean table liow .....

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(30-09-2021, 10:16 PM)RichDad Wrote:  4 weeks leave for elderiles, gahmen sure can pay. But then not enough workers to serve you food, clean tables, clear rubbish, drive you around. How to solve this first?

Test the ability of Tan SL, lah.

If other countries can mobilise their healthcare for the 3rd and 4th wave, why PAP fail?

You want our elderly to risk their lives to serve you?
Dont be so selfish okay.

(01-10-2021, 05:20 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You want our elderly to risk their lives to serve you?
Dont be so selfish okay.

Did I say I want? I am not their employer. I am just a customer.  Just stating a fact that there will be a massive manpower shortage if they all suddenly go on leave for 4 weeks.

You don't know there are so many elderlies in the F&B sector?

(30-09-2021, 10:24 PM)Ola Wrote:  Test the ability of Tan SL, lah.

If other countries can mobilise their healthcare for the 3rd and 4th wave, why PAP fail?

Do u know our public hospitals are full of foreigners? Especially pinoy and Malaysians for our nurses. Go stay in hospital to understand.

Gov should divide those above 50s with elderly to WFH or alternate week

(01-10-2021, 06:39 AM)winbig Wrote:  Do u know our public hospitals are full of foreigners? Especially pinoy and Malaysians for our nurses. Go stay in hospital to understand.

It does not matter if they are locals of foreigners. 

Healthcare workers can still be mobilized.