HSI will rebound from lows...as panic selling climax

It has been selling off for 4 weeks non stop due to property sector in China and US rate hikes and Omicron.

These remain problems but long term investors will step in to buy at these levels as it makes no sense in longer term to stay here at such low level for long.

[Image: pYq1bvu.jpg]
Chart below once it pierces the heart there will be blood....when I see blood I will buy...

[Image: gom1Kn2.jpg]

Just an update. Of what I bought once the heart was pierce. I went for the areas where the selloff was sharpest. That to me is the HS Tech and tech stocks on HK exchange.

So money where my mouth is here were the imvestnents I made.

[Image: GFWCeMa.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(20-12-2021, 11:18 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  It has been selling off for 4 weeks non stop due to property sector in China and US rate hikes and Omicron.

These remain problems but long term investors will step in to buy at these levels as it makes no sense in longer term to stay here at such low level for long.

[Image: pYq1bvu.jpg]

[Image: gom1Kn2.jpg]

Over the weekend no panic news and selling is follow thru from last week rate hike. It’s a slow and deep sell off. How u see selling climax?

(20-12-2021, 12:13 PM)Zannn Wrote:  Over the weekend no panic news and selling is follow thru from last week rate hike. It’s a slow and deep sell off. How u see selling climax?
Oh good stocks are sold of to raise funds without any news ...and not just one stock but many that have done well.

Quality Developers like Vanke actually rose today, it's value is  shaved by half over 3 months.

Those no chance sure die like evergrande maintain a residual  value pending govt rescue.

The HK market is pricing in a recession that .may not happen. From 31K dropped to 23K. Many stocks are below book low PE ...low price to cashflow.

Seems like equity funds have left HK.

Recovery may be slow but bottom or bottoming is happening now.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(20-12-2021, 12:39 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Oh good stocks are sold of to raise funds without any news ...and not just one stock but many that have done well.

Quality Developers like Vanke actually rose today, it's value is  shaved by half over 3 months.

Those no chance sure die like evergrande maintain a residual  value pending govt rescue.

The HK market is pricing in a recession that .may not happen. From 31K dropped to 23K. Many stocks are below book low PE ...low price to cashflow.

this falling knife is much sharper than u think

For long term investing.. the falling knife has little significance.
It is a term use by traders who have to go with momentum to make short term profits.

I often catch falling knives and use short-term mentalitybof traders to get jn at good prices.
Example of me catching falljng knives recently.

1. Lenovo after results stock plunge and I bought.
2. ALIBABA stock plunge to $110 in HK I bought ...stock remain weak but never got back to $110.
3. INTEL stock plunge after results and I bought at $49.

HK market has been falling for 4 weeks sharply.
Many will give up and dump.

When dunping does not make sense and become favorable for long term holders 

Investors should just step up to purchase.

(20-12-2021, 12:39 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Oh good stocks are sold of to raise funds without any news ...and not just one stock but many that have done well.

Cannot see bottom bro….. the selling pressure still hig. Likely drag by Dow tonight

(20-12-2021, 01:58 PM)Zannn8 Wrote:  Cannot see bottom bro….. the selling pressure still hig. Likely drag by Dow tonight

Once it pierce the heart I drew in my chart there will be blood...once there js blood on the street .. I will buy

Looks like its almost there...capitulation area....can collect some liao for next year AngPow

(20-12-2021, 03:45 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Once it pierce the heart I drew in my chart there will be blood...once there js blood on the street .. I will buy

Lol very funny u. Already pierced liao wish u luck.

(20-12-2021, 03:50 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Looks like its almost there...capitulation area....can collect some liao for next year AngPow

CMC KELVIN WONG PROJECTED HSI V STRONG SUPPORT 22100 THEN 21700 ANOTHER >600PTS DOWN.
SEE U DARE TO AVG N AVG  N AVG

(20-12-2021, 04:47 PM)talky Wrote:  CMC KELVIN WONG PROJECTED HSI V STRONG SUPPORT 22100 THEN 21700 ANOTHER >600PTS DOWN.

Who is he? Haha

(20-12-2021, 04:47 PM)talky Wrote:  CMC KELVIN WONG PROJECTED HSI V STRONG SUPPORT 22100 THEN 21700 ANOTHER >600PTS DOWN.

I don't think he worked out the correct level....

Why he give 2 level...if one break then there is another one? Backup in case he is wrong?

So how does one use such a projection? If reach 22100 does one buy or don't buy?

His analysis is full of ambiguity typical of useless analysis.

For me I am not trading...but at this level for buying long term, there is little doubt today is a good entry. Because there is enough long term investors around waiting to enter I also believe its the bottom...for short term also.

[Image: Screenshot-20211220-181639-Chrome.jpg]

dun worry too much. long term looks gd, uptrend still intact

(20-12-2021, 06:07 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I don't think he worked out the correct level....

Why he give 2 level...if one break then there is another one? Backup in case he is wrong?

So how does one use such a projection? If reach 22100 does one buy or don't buy?

His analysis is full of ambiguity typical of useless analysis.

For me I am not trading...but at this level for buying long term, there is little doubt today is a good entry. Because there is enough long term investors around waiting to enter I also believe its the bottom...for short term also.

Looks like tomorrow Hsi another plunge. No bottom in sight.

(20-12-2021, 01:26 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  For long term investing.. the falling knife has little significance.
It is a term use by traders who have to go with momentum to make short term profits.

I often catch falling knives and use short-term mentalitybof traders to get jn at good prices.
Example of me catching falljng knives recently.

1. Lenovo after results stock plunge and I bought.
2. ALIBABA stock plunge to $110 in HK I bought ...stock remain weak but never got back to $110.
3. INTEL stock plunge after results and I bought at $49.

HK market has been falling for 4 weeks sharply.
Many will give up and dump.

When dunping does not make sense and become favorable for long term holders 

Investors should just step up to purchase.

Your examples are u trying to bottom fish not catch falling knives.  Laughing

(21-12-2021, 07:01 AM)winbig Wrote:  Your examples are u trying to bottom fish not catch falling knives.  Laughing

There is a thin line between bottom fishing and catching falling knives.

Was buying into HSI yesterday afternoon catching a falling knife or fishing the bottom?

We know for sure only after the card is opened and those with real skill we will know.

(21-12-2021, 08:11 AM)5354 Wrote:  Ladies and gentlemen

Beware of the masterbating moron who hide his losers to stoke his ego!

[Image: jwaUvjV.jpg]

There will be some wins and some losses in investing.

I have not met an investor who never had a loss.

(21-12-2021, 07:56 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  There is a thin line between bottom fishing and catching falling knives.

Was buying into HSI yesterday afternoon catching a falling knife or fishing the bottom?

We know for sure only after the card is opened and those with real skill we will know.

U bottom fish fail liao then say u catch falling knives to save face.  Rotfl

(21-12-2021, 08:21 AM)winbig Wrote:  U bottom fish fail liao then say u catch falling knives to save face.  Rotfl

All my trade are posted so there are winners and losers....and not altered.

Now we are discussing HSI whether yesterday was a selling climax.

That is what this thread is about.

(21-12-2021, 09:35 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  All my trade are posted so there are winners and losers....and not altered.

Now we are discussing HSI whether yesterday was a selling climax.

That is what this thread is about.
Time will tell if this is bottom or not. Selling pressure still high so Sgbuffet is not right or wrong yet.

(21-12-2021, 10:10 AM)Zannn Wrote:  Time will tell if this is bottom or not. Selling pressure still high so Sgbuffet is not right or wrong yet.

Morning they have clear leverage positions...margin calls, etc. Fprce selling in HK market after sharp falls also occur....please can use analytics and you can see those stocks that fell sharply yesterday see selling pressure whereas those that did not fall much yesterday start moving up already.

The accelerated upside occurs after so traders always have time to buy ...we should see faster gains a little later.

(21-12-2021, 10:17 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Morning they have clear leverage positions...margin calls, etc. Fprce selling in HK market after sharp falls also occur....please can use analytics and you can see those stocks that fell sharply yesterday see selling pressure whereas those that did not fall much yesterday start moving up already.

The accelerated upside occurs after so traders always have time to buy ...we should see faster gains a little later.

Is there specific timing such force selling by brokerage will take place?

(21-12-2021, 10:35 AM)Zannn Wrote:  Is there specific timing such force selling by brokerage will take place?

Morning all the way to early afternoon.

[Image: CcRPC9j.jpg]

Suggest not to follow or keep

[Image: wx-fz.png]

Bounce and rising.
Despair and fear turn to hope.

3 days ago they fear Omicron ...fear interest rate ...fear evergande...

Now they don't fear.

[Image: YBdrCQF.jpg]

(23-12-2021, 08:26 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Bounce and rising.
Despair and fear turn to hope.

3 days ago they fear Omicron ...fear interest rate ...fear evergande...

Now they don't fear.

[Image: YBdrCQF.jpg]

Just a 5-600 rebound is too early to say no fear. But u can say u likely caught the bottom.

(23-12-2021, 08:31 AM)Zannn Wrote:  Just a 5-600 rebound is too early to say no fear. But u can say u likely caught the bottom.

Bro, I updated the investments I made on 20 Dec....when bottom was reached. Added this to the top post pf the thread.

If I didn't think it was bottom and not sure I would not have made my move.

Also I believe there a last chance to enter TODAY  as I expect HSI to open weaker than expected then swing up sharply later .
However I am not buying now as the market will consolidate later next week and I am again looking for better opportunities.

(23-12-2021, 09:20 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Bro, I updated the investments I made on 20 Dec....when bottom was reached. Added this to the top post pf the thread.

If I didn't think it was bottom and not sure I would not have made my move.

Also I believe there a last chance to enter TODAY  as I expect HSI to open weaker than expected then swing up sharply later .
However I am not buying now as the market will consolidate later next week and I am again looking for better opportunities.

U sound confident in yr stuffs, this showed how much effort u put in to assess. I agree that today will still go up but today up will not be in the noon like last two days. The upside start 945. Good luck bro

I woke up to see early quotes on CFD platforms....it's all flat from Christmas Eve.

I find it strange as the Chinese regulator released a draft regulation that acutg clarify their stance on VIE exempting those already listed.

I would think this will release some cheer to the battered markets.

Did the CFD neglect to factor this? We will see later

[Image: bn9aMvM.jpg]