I am compiling a set of questions for Leong Mun Wai to ask in parliament

If you have questions please pass to me

Over the years there are many on my mind related yo socio economic issues

1.    University admissions among our university places how many in the latest cohort are taken by Singaporeans foreigners PR and new citizens. Please give a breakdown

2. Among foreigners taken into our uniiversity what level of proficiency do they need for English and mother tongue. How are their local exam results mapped to Singapore A level results. What measures in place to ensure the authenticity of applications

3. What % of foreigners PR and bew citizens are on scholarship vs Singaporeans on.scholarship? 

4. How many of the foreigners stay on to serve their scholarship obligations

Above is just on access of Singaporeans to university education.

I will generate different questions sets categorise and mail then to him

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Questions related to medical care for the poor:

1. How many Singaporeans are now on workfare? What is the age distribution for work fare recipients? How many have disabilities?

2. How many Singaporeans tapped on medifund? How many have tapped on medifund for dental treatment? What govt aid exists for dental treatment such as root canal and dentures for the poor?

3. How many cases go above medishield limits resulting in out of pocket payments? How many such patients have faced financial difficulties and are put on instalment plans.

4. How much is set aside for preventive care for the poor and what types of screening is covered under the programme? What is the prerequisite to tap on this aid.

5. What is the average queuing time for nursing homes for those who cannot afford? What is the aid given to care giver during the wait?

6. Has the govt collected data on nutrition of young children in poor families? What are the findings and results? If not done how does govt ascertain the aid given is sufficient not to disadvantage children in such families resulting from poor nutrition?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

So far, the NCMP members hv brought forward our voices in Parliament. But, I don’t see WP bringing up bread and butter issues for Singaporeans.
[+] 1 user Likes Gemstar's post

(05-04-2023, 01:43 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  If you have questions please pass to me

1.    University admissions among our ouniversity places how many in the latest cohort are taken by Singaplreans foreigners PR and new citizens. Please give a breakdown

2. Among foreigners taken I to our jniversity what level of proficiencies do they need for English and mother tongue. However are their local exam results mapped to Singapore A level results. What measures in place to ensure the authenticity of applications

3. What % of foreigners PR and bew citizens are on scholarship vs Singaporeans on.scholarship? 

Above js just on access of Singaporeans to university education.

The number of foreigners on scholarship in university has drastically dropped. Those who do post-grad here are mostly paid from their own pockets, hence you see that there are fewer Indians.

So dun be fixated over this again. There are many choices for Singaporeans to go to university now. If cannot to NUS/NTU, there are others.

He more like an Opposition Leader.

I don't like pritam singh now in charge WP also so call Opposition Leader.

He indeed become " Free rider " ????
[+] 3 users Like [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

Walk in at polyclinics not accepted as all booking full!

1.    University admissions among our ouniversity places how many in the latest cohort are taken by Singaplreans foreigners PR and new citizens. Please give a breakdown

2. Among foreigners taken I to our jniversity what level of proficiencies do they need for English and mother tongue. However are their local exam results mapped to Singapore A level results. What measures in place to ensure the authenticity of applications

1. How much are the scholarships, accommodation and expenses

4. Shd hv records of those who ran away and any follow-up

(05-04-2023, 02:35 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  He more like an Opposition Leader.

I don't like  pritam singh now in charge WP also so call Opposition Leader.

I feel like he is more pro-CECA. We shd need more PSP and SDP voted-in.

before you ask such questions, you must think what good answers that PAP will give.

if for all your questions, PAP says 80% are Singaporeans and 20% are foreigners/PRs , what is the point of these questions (Minister Chan said before).

you must ask questions that PAP will say 70% are foreigners and 30% are Singaporeans if PAP reveals the facts.
if PAP refuses to reveal the facts, Minister Chan will say what is the point of the question and fullstop.

do not ask general questions, ask questions that will reveal problems for PAP.

your above general questions, PAP will say majority are Singaporeans (80%) and minority are foreigners/PRs(20%)

if you ask how many are at master degree and Phd degree in Engineering.
you will likely get 80% are foreigners/PRs and 20% are Singaporeans.

why PAP invest more in foreigners/PRs for master/Phd degrees ?
PAP should save these money and invest in Singaporeans.

Why is there a shortage of dentist in Sg? Because of this, it is very costly to see a dentist in Sg. Simply charge here and there. $30 for consultation, $5 for consumable, etc. so just visit a dentist, minimum $35. WTF.

Should import more dentist to work in Sg. The more the merrier, so that the dental cost can be lowered drastically.

(05-04-2023, 01:53 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Questions related to medical care for the poor:

do not depend on PAP for data because PAP data will show no problem.
if you think the PAP data is not true to reality, opposition should collect data themselves and pass the problems to PAP.

for example, PAP always say the unemployment is very low and yet PAP refuses to have a national registry to track unemployed people.

Opposition can start a national registry and ask unemployed to register with NRIC if they cannot get proper help from PAP.
this registry will show the length of unemployment and educational level.
you will be surprised that there may be a few hundred thousands of PMETs in the registry.
Opposition can pass this registry to PAP to help them.

you will be surprised that PAP cannot help them at all and yet PAP keeps importing CECA/foreigners for local manpower shortage.

(05-04-2023, 02:56 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  I feel like he is more pro-CECA. We shd need more PSP and SDP voted-in.

Leong, Dr Chee, Lim Tean been voted in

can give GREEDY PAP a TOUGH time as " Free Rider " they are too contended all along ever since LKY gone.

Why all the MRT trains already arriving on platform but display says "1 min"? Why SMRT never review this problem for years? Is it because they bought wrong signal system dun want to own up?

Confused

(05-04-2023, 03:37 PM)forum456 Wrote:  your above general questions, PAP will say majority are Singaporeans (80%) and minority are foreigners/PRs(20%)

if you ask how many are at master degree and Phd degree in Engineering.
you will likely get 80% are foreigners/PRs and 20% are Singaporeans.

why PAP invest more in foreigners/PRs for master/Phd degrees ?
PAP should save these money and invest in Singaporeans.

My son enrolled in NUS masters degree in Engineering Management, most of his classmates are from the Philippines............... Big Grin

(05-04-2023, 03:52 PM)debono Wrote:  My son enrolled in NUS masters degree in Engineering Management, most of his classmates are from the Philippines............... Big Grin

you are a good father because you tell the truth.
if you ask PAP at master degree level, they will not reveal the truth because likely 80% are foreigners and 20% are Singaporeans.

why PAP invests more in foreigners than in Singaporeans at master degree level ?
these money should be saved for Singaporeans.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

(05-04-2023, 03:57 PM)forum456 Wrote:  you are a good father because you tell the truth.
if you ask PAP at master degree level, they will not reveal the truth because likely 80% are foreigners and 20% are Singaporeans.

why PAP invests more in foreigners than in Singaporeans at master degree level ?
these money should be saved for Singaporeans.

Because their first degrees from the unknown Uni are not recognise by our pte employers. They then go and enrol and get a part time Masters course. After passing, their degrees become “recognised” and can get a pay rise.

The question is, why are they able to get into our Master courses so easily and can pass so easily, even though their first degrees are from lousy, not recognised Universities?

(05-04-2023, 03:52 PM)debono Wrote:  My son enrolled in NUS masters degree in Engineering Management, most of his classmates are from the Philippines............... Big Grin

you will be shocked that PAP invests $millions in foreigners/PRs in master degree.

but govt job program has only 22 vacancies for 800 Singaporean applicants.

(05-04-2023, 04:05 PM)Stoki Wrote:  Because their first degrees from the unknown Uni are not recognise by our pte employers. They then go and enrol and get a part time Masters course. After passing, their degrees become “recognised” and can get a pay rise.

The question is, why are they able to get into our Master courses so easily and can pass so easily, even though their first degrees are from lousy, not recognised Universities?
You are right to say so, many first degrees from unknown universities are not recognized here, but they enroll in a 2 years part time course and when the passed the masters degree exams, their degrees becomes recognized.  Also know of Myanmar people who after graduating from their own universities, enrolled in NUS as a final year student, after passing the exams their degrees becomes recognized...................this is a loophole that needs to be plugged................. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

I can answer for u la

1. University admissions among our ouniversity places how many in the latest cohort are taken by Singaplreans foreigners PR and new citizens. Please give a breakdown
- original sinkie 50%
PR 30%
New Citizens 10%
foreign talent 10%

- many countries like India, Philippines and Indonesia do not have national exam for psle and o'level. once u join a village school, u graduate from the village school with an A 'level equivalent. And this A'level is recognize by their country which means Singapore has to recognize

- 50% of scholarships are given to foreigners, govt hope these foreigners on scholarship will stay and become foreign talents

- 80% of them only need to work in singapore for a year or two only

(05-04-2023, 04:05 PM)Stoki Wrote:  Because their first degrees from the unknown Uni are not recognise by our pte employers. They then go and enrol and get a part time Masters course. After passing, their degrees become “recognised” and can get a pay rise.

cannot be.
the basic degree must be recognised by the universities before they can enrol in master program.
master program is more strict than pte employers.
some master programs need 1st/2nd class honour degree to qualify.

Don waste time with all these questions. Nothing will be heard, nothing will change. 
Everything will change if singapore was returned to British rule!

(05-04-2023, 04:21 PM)forum456 Wrote:  cannot be.
the basic degree must be recognised by the universities before they can enrol in master program.
master program is more strict than pte employers.
some master programs need 1st/2nd class honour degree to qualify.

You are not wrong to advocate that enrolling in a Masters degree program will require a honors first degree, but question is what is the standard of their first degree honors course, is it as stringent as the degrees conferred by NUS or NTU................... Big Grin

(05-04-2023, 02:35 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  He more like an Opposition Leader.

I don't like  pritam singh now in charge WP also so call Opposition Leader.

This dont like that dont like. Make your choice...

Smile

(05-04-2023, 04:43 PM)debono Wrote:  You are not wrong to advocate that enrolling in a Masters degree program will require a honors first degree, but question is what is the standard of their first degree honors course, is it as stringent as the degrees conferred by NUS or NTU................... Big Grin

Is like asking for virgin. Some like 1 finger, 2 finger or 3 finger tight. Some will ask whose finger to use... Laughing

Smile

Don’t ask question.
Give solution to the lousy system we are in now.
We lack of engineers(problem solvers) in our system.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

We need to ask Opposition to ask our questions

This shows how useless PAP is

Vote them out

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(05-04-2023, 05:26 PM)Ola Wrote:  We need to ask Opposition to ask our questions

This shows how useless PAP is

Vote them out

Opposition are scared to ask more questions! Opposition throws one stone over, PAP throws over one grenade.

I always think pinoys are loafers Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(05-04-2023, 05:12 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Don’t ask question.
Give solution to the lousy system we are in now.
We lack of engineers(problem solvers) in our system.

Problem solvers don't get rewarded in our system. Who gets rewarded are those who make a big fuss out of their small amount of work they did, so that their bosses thought they're doing a tremendous amount of good work. The executors of plans usually are not recognized but when shit hits the fan they get the blame.