I am starting to store some can food....as food shortage risk rise

(27-05-2022, 11:12 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  小人 in Niponese means small kid. Big Grin

你应该有听说。
宁可得罪小人吧!
小人不是最可恶的,他们只是不懂道理。

[Image: 09-C170-C5-AC4-B-467-B-A1-FD-F593552-F592-F.jpg]

syonan 才6岁不到?

Can store sum SPAM... naise  Big Grin

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

(26-05-2022, 09:58 PM)Oyk Wrote:  If Singapore runs out of food, those people who did not store up canned food will die a month or so earlier than you.

To put it the other way round, you will live a month or so longer, and then also die of hunger...

If there is a food shortage, you will not be spared.  You can only delay your appointment with the one below...that one with two sharp horns.

If there is a food shortage, the exporting country (China?) will stop exporting and keep whatever stocks it has for the Chinese.  It will keep them alive for a little longer but eventually hundreds of millions will also die.  After that, the world food supply will be able to meet demand,,

It is to stretch time to run away 

1 month more is enough time to buy ticket out of SG

to go Malaysia to eat more chicken and drink ample water

just leave Army Generals here to defend this country

Big Grin

Chief of Army David Neo: Sacrifices required to ensure Singapore's existence (msn.com)

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(27-05-2022, 06:49 PM)Galilo_l Wrote:  Can store sum SPAM... naise  Big Grin

Not recommended. Cancer causing.

tomorrow will be a better day
[+] 1 user Likes surfer's post

Miss the chicken , right ?

Those who believe nothing will happen because you never experience it plse educate yourself on the situation

It can happen very suddenly and when everyone realise ...at that point there is nothing you can do

Those who say I am.worried for nothing ...plse lah you think I will waste my time when there is no real risk?

[Image: SDActsi.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

[Image: JI5sefr.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(27-05-2022, 07:54 PM)Ola Wrote:  It is to stretch time to run away 

1 month more is enough time to buy ticket out of SG

to go Malaysia to eat more chicken and drink ample water

just leave Army Generals here to defend this country

Big Grin

SgBuffet was not talking about Singapore food shortage.  He was talking about global food shortage,

Where do you want to run to?

Maybe you can run inside RK's house.  She can belanakh you nasi lemak.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

Rice,eggs,instant mee can’t store too long
Important is store coffee,
Canned food,oil,soya sauce
Toilet papers.
How big is your home to store food?
Last 2 years kiasu bought too many instant Korean mee n gave away.

Do not talk to a fool for he will scorn  the wisdom of your words 
☝️

(26-05-2022, 10:45 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  if there's panick buying and the cause is found to be this thread, will ah butt be in big trouble?

Indian boy prodigy predicted food shortage and famine months ago.  

At that time, I found it to be unbelievable as the world is having abundance of food.  

stocking up is only a short term solution. if the crisis prolongs, only 2 ways out: relocate to a place with vast lands, grow yr own produce and animals for meat.

https://www.todayonline.com/world/singap...052022_tdy

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(27-05-2022, 08:40 PM)Oyk Wrote:  SgBuffet was not talking about Singapore food shortage.  He was talking about global food shortage,

Where do you want to run to?

Maybe you can run inside RK's house.  She can belanakh you nasi lemak.

Why you don't use brains to talk and think?

Because of your ITE education again?

SG imports almost 99% of our food

so with other countries having food protectionist policies, you still have no idea? 

Those countries have save ample supply, lah

You stay in SG to die with your idiotic PAP Ministers, lor

Big Grin

So with global food shortage, maybe there will be a few rounds of price hike. COVID already eliminated the weak now this food shortage and price hike may eliminate the poor. What is next?
[+] 1 user Likes pinkpanther's post

(27-05-2022, 09:58 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  So with global food shortage, maybe there will be a few rounds of price hike. COVID already eliminated the weak now this food shortage and price hike may eliminate the poor. What is next?

CLEVER! Give you a repu point.

Opposition supporters are often smarter. 

That is why must buy some to store the food now

Because when food crisis strikes, price will jump sky high

No point depending on that miserable $100 CDC Voucher

(26-05-2022, 08:23 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  [Image: usvoMfA.jpg].

Based on what we are observing around us  starting with malaysia chicken ban and rising prices. Many still taking chances but I think some contingency is needed.

[Image: tkFEquO.jpg]

Please read this:

It might not just be the ingredients in that can of food that pose a health risk.

It might also be the can itself.

That’s the warning out today from a California consumer health organization.

The Center for Environmental Health (CEH) has released a report called Kicking the Can.

In it, CEH officials say that 40 percent of canned goods they tested earlier this year contained traceable levels of the chemical bisphenol A (BPA).

That chemical has been linked in past researchTrusted Source to birth defects, as well as breast cancer, prostate cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/c...s-chemical
[+] 1 user Likes sporeguy's post

I strongly suspect Sgbuffet is now scare mongering because he recently turned katek and wants to make a huge killing Laughing

Remember… he is a universally revered…reverse indicator Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

(28-05-2022, 07:23 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  I strongly suspect Sgbuffet is now scare mongering because he recently turned katek and wants to make a huge killing Laughing

Another rubbish accusation.
IMF, WTO ...Janet Yellen have issued warnings. About food situation. 

Malaysia stop selling chicken to us is a wake up call.

I have not shorted any stocks and holding on to long term investments. 

Facts are facts. Some are always complacent others take precautions.

(28-05-2022, 07:29 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Another rubbish accusation.
IMF, WTO ...Janet Yellen have issued warnings. About food situation. 

Malaysia stop selling chicken to us is a wake up call.

I have not shorted any stocks and holding on to long term investments. 

Facts are facts. Some are always complacent others take precautions.

Your nose is growing longer, sgPinocchio Laughing

Knnah, early early started fear mongering again. Ah Butt's usual modus operandi since CNA days....... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(28-05-2022, 08:01 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Knnah, early early started fear mongering again. Ah Butt's usual modus operandi since CNA days....... Rolleyes

He is so sneaky and devious Big Grin

(28-05-2022, 07:32 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Your nose is growing longer, sgPinocchio Laughing

Priknocchio was the name of a movie.
[+] 1 user Likes Ichigo's post

(28-05-2022, 07:23 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  I strongly suspect Sgbuffet is now scare mongering because he recently turned katek and wants to make a huge killing Laughing

Like they say, a chicken never changes its backside lah.

(28-05-2022, 08:19 AM)Ichigo Wrote:  Like they say, a chicken never changes its backside lah.

He has a very smelly backside indeed Big Grin

yalo. from locking himself in his mum's flat for months, to cycling all over the island for durian and duck rice, and now stocking up for food and what's next?
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink?'s post

Was he the one who said WP would lose Aljunied in the last elections due to no rallies? If so, I concur with your view. You have pricked the chicken’s smelly backside.
[+] 1 user Likes Ichigo's post

(28-05-2022, 08:59 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  yalo. from locking himself in his mum's flat for months, to cycling all over the island for durian and duck rice, and now stocking up for food and what's next?

I stayed at home.not lock myself...
I did not cycle for durian..I visited my friends place and saw cheap durians.
I bought duck not duck rice. Anything wrong with buying duck?

As for food, the warning is sounded by major world organisations like IMF WTO and even govt. There are those who are complacent and those who prepare.

You can choose not to prepare and take the risk. That is your choice but don't anyhow say things that are not true.

Malaysia temporary ban chickens from entering Singapore not because of food shortage it’s because of Ukraine war that increases the chicken feed. Malaysia sells us cheap chickens and if to increase price we won’t buy so is it worth to supply us chickens?
If only the war stops.

☝️

☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(26-05-2022, 08:23 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  [Image: usvoMfA.jpg].

Based on what we are observing around us  starting with malaysia chicken ban and rising prices. Many still taking chances but I think some contingency is needed.

[Image: tkFEquO.jpg]

Better stockpile many sacks of rice in your air raid shelter store room lah! War coming liao lah!