I am the new poor in my own country while new citizens are all rich

[Image: 23fc4a6d-3f04-470b-973c-b668a1ed5a65.jpg]

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

Rich new citizens are driving up prices.
$2 coffee & $10 fishball noodle is cheap to them in coffeeshop
One minister said: ‘if coffeeshop is expensive, go elsewhere’
[+] 1 user Likes Dan's post

(08-08-2022, 07:19 PM)Dan Wrote:  Rich new citizens are driving up prices.
One minister said:  ‘if coffeeshop is expensive, go elsewhere’

If a PAP minister said that, than PaP must be removed as dominant party. To travel extra 15 mins or to pay to hop on a bus just for a quick meal shows how detached they are from the real world.
[+] 2 users Like Wy:Nox's post

One minister said: ‘if coffeeshop is expensive, go elsewhere’

THAT minister really out of touch.

Can say if coffeeshop is expensive go elsewhere

so tell me go where? Coffeeshop is the ONLY place for common folks buy drinks and eat at afforable price.

(08-08-2022, 07:41 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  THAT minister really out of touch.

Can say if coffeeshop is expensive go elsewhere

so tell me go where? Coffeeshop is the ONLY place for common folks buy drinks and eat at afforable price.

He was telling you can fuxk off and go stay with the monkeys in Irian Jaya. Very cheap there..... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

The truth is, we are all doggies in our own country.
[+] 3 users Like The_Enlightened_One's post

If our immigration policy is to allow the rich to migrate here, that is definitely the case.. Like the Taiwanese turned Sinkie who donate to Taiwan military defense.. TS can't compare against this group..

But it is the middle class migrants that is the issue here..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

Pinky loves the American system.

https://youtu.be/FFs-anTpzm0

(07-08-2022, 07:58 AM)The_Enlightened_One Wrote:  This is the new reality in Singapore today. They live in condo and go high class restaurant while we stay in hdb and eat hawker centre. Pathetic is the word. What is there to celebrate??

true.. last nite i saw a group of pino with their kids at coffee bean ,, all look classy and drink kopi..

(09-08-2022, 12:39 PM)The_Enlightened_One Wrote:  The truth is, we are all doggies in our own country.
Thumbs_up Thumbs_up Thumbs_up Thumbs_up Thumbs_up Thumbs_up Thumbs_up Thumbs_up Thumbs_up

(07-08-2022, 08:23 AM)revealer Wrote:  This will definitely be the case when the new citizens came in with much better education or richer backgrounds. 

Truthfully, they do not come with better education nor from Top Notch 100 Ranking Universities. I suppose the Work Pass has a serious loophole.

With new citizens buying luxury condos and driving big cars, i have never felt as poor as now. Bear in mind we are only taking public transport and live in hdb.

My own friend was made jobless for many years.

[Image: 43-C6-F52-E-69-C4-4745-9778-802-B045-A6-A84.jpg]

I see one of my PR relative spend money like water because he earn a lot

Than see my pinyo neighbors having latest iPhone , house renovate nice nice etc

Can confirm PRs are living better here in SG

(09-08-2022, 12:39 PM)The_Enlightened_One Wrote:  The truth is, we are all doggies in our own country.
Many of us already fallen behind, with soaring inflation and widening rich poor gap, most of us will fall further behind.
[+] 3 users Like The_Enlightened_One's post

(07-08-2022, 07:58 AM)The_Enlightened_One Wrote:  This is the new reality in Singapore today. They live in condo and go high class restaurant while we stay in hdb and eat hawker centre. Pathetic is the word. What is there to celebrate??

I don't see the problem
If they are not here you will also be staying in HDB and eating at hawker what is the matter????...nothing changed.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

you are not the only one
at least 1m are in your category of new poor incl me
[+] 2 users Like Talent's post

Even Pinoy , PRs in HDB seem richer than locals , renovate their Resale flat nice nice , rear dogs somemore.
[+] 3 users Like [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(07-08-2022, 08:40 AM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  This Govt purposely made it that way. That is why Foreigners are happy here while locals are marginalised. Just Do Not Vote for them in GE2025.

Yes, we citizens feel marginalized, and especially the young ones among us, who are deprived of a good job because of FTs............ Angry

Username is a misnomer, Unenlightened could be more appropriate.

10 Years ago, maybe we are only 20% below the median income

Now, maybe 50% of us are belwo median income

That is why MIW neve dare to Loud Speaker Blast about this

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post

who did you vote for?
[+] 1 user Likes fishbuff's post

(28-01-2023, 01:46 PM)Ola Wrote:  10 Years ago, maybe we are only 20% below the median income

Now, maybe 50% of us are belwo median income

That is why MIW neve dare to Loud Speaker Blast about this

Median income means right in the middle. It should be roughly 50% of people higher and 50% of people lower than median income all the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_income

(28-01-2023, 01:48 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  [Image: giphy.gif]

(28-01-2023, 02:06 PM)fishbuff Wrote:  who did you vote for?

Thumbs_up Thumbs_up Thumbs_up

(28-01-2023, 01:48 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  [Image: giphy.gif]

It all falls back to who you voted for............................ Laughing

One minister said:  ‘if coffeeshop is expensive, go elsewhere’
Even hawkers centres are selling at food court prices and they are run by big names. Where are the poor going to have affordable meals?

(28-01-2023, 02:53 PM)debono Wrote:  It all falls back to who you voted for............................ Laughing

UK daring 

VOTED BREXIT!

(28-01-2023, 03:20 PM)Harry Lee Wrote:  Even hawkers centres are selling at food court prices and they are run by big names. Where are the poor going to have affordable meals?
crying

(28-01-2023, 03:20 PM)Harry Lee Wrote:  Even hawkers centres are selling at food court prices and they are run by big names. Where are the poor going to have affordable meals?
Follow westerners style. Bring homecooked meal to work  instead of buying outside.some have just bread and slice of ham while others have baked beans on toast.
Learn to prepare your own dinner and lunch. Also lower down your expectation too
Buy in bulk of those noodles. Can eat for weeks at very low cost