I don’t want to be arrogant, I’m confident I can win the election: Tan Kin Lian

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/i...n-kin-lian
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

Since he thinks he can win, he doesn't need my vote already. I can book a holiday for 1 September.
[+] 1 user Likes starbugs's post

Quote:Speaking to The Straits Times at his home, Mr Tan reiterated his campaign platform of using the office of the president to work with the Government to reduce the cost of living, make housing affordable, and to secure jobs

How is he going to make housing affordable?
Can he order the mnd minister to sell HDB flat at affordable prices?
How does using the office of the president to work with the Government to help reduce the cost of living?
Does he what power does the president have in the first place?

Quote:feel confident that they can raise a family in Singapore, it will be affordable to raise a family, and I will do my best to make that possible,” he said. “And I am also looking at the needs of the older people.

(18-08-2023, 08:10 PM)starbugs Wrote:  Since he thinks he can win, he doesn't need my vote already. I can book a holiday for 1 September.

Same here
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

(18-08-2023, 08:12 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  How is he going to make housing affordable?
How does using the office of the president to work with the Government to help reduce the cost of living?
You are undermining the President's supreme position to change policies through people's power and people's voice

(18-08-2023, 08:14 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Same here
Even if he has no chance, you will not vote him because clearly you dun like him, so easy to see that from all ur postings

You are totally missing the plot

(18-08-2023, 08:12 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  How is he going to make housing affordable?

according to george yeo, PM can call him as a party member to PM office and persuade george yeo to run for President.

similarly, as President, TKL can call minister to President office and persuade minister to change policy.

as President, he cannot order minister but he can have access to ministers and persuade them to change policy.

president halimah also used her public speeches to raise concern on public issues.
the affected ministries took action to remedy the public issues.

Of course he can.

It is chicken feet for him lar.

Laughing

officially president has no power to change govt policy.

but when president makes public speeches on govt policy, whole singapore will know.
president has no official power but he can make speeches to influence public opinion.

for example, opposition MPs say the cost of living is high, PAP govt will ignore them.

when the President says the cost of living is high, PAP govt cannot ignore him.
PAP govt needs to explain to President on why the cost of living is not high.

If Halimah can be president, then anybody can be.
[+] 1 user Likes Instinct's post

(18-08-2023, 08:37 PM)forum456 Wrote:  officially president has no power to change govt policy.

but when president makes public speeches on govt policy, whole singapore will know.
president has no official power but he can make speeches to influence public opinion.

for example, opposition MPs say the cost of living is high, PAP govt will ignore them.

when the President says the cost of living is high, PAP govt cannot ignore him.
PAP govt needs to explain to President on why the cost of living is not high.

So he can't change the policy but how much influence can he influence the gov ? Even he say high remember his advice team 6 out 10 can don't agree with him . He also lppl

Maybe they will impeach him.

(18-08-2023, 08:33 PM)Gstalk Wrote:  Of course he can.

It is chicken feet for him lar.

Clapping Clapping Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl

First thing first why he reduce his salary to $5k( if he elected to be President,)and see how much  the  minister can be influenced. Since he is over concern of high cost of living.

(18-08-2023, 08:45 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  So he can't change the policy but how much influence can he influence the gov ? Even he say high remember his advice team 6 out 10 can don't agree with him . He also lppl

for example, he walked into a govt department and saw the floor is very dirty and took a photo as evidence.
he informed the minister and sent the photo to him.
the minister can ignore him and say the floor is not dirty.

tkl can publish the photo online and let public decide if the floor is dirty.
once the photo is published and the floor is very dirty, the minister will be panicking to explain to the public.

the floor is dirty is an example. it can be anything or any policy is dirty.

it can be embarassing for PAP if President keeps pointing out mistakes of PAP.

when a President talks and a opposition MP talks, there is a difference.
PAP can ignore the opposition MP but cannot ignore the President.

President can make life difficult for PAP govt.

(18-08-2023, 08:51 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  First thing first why he reduce his salary to $5k( if he elected to be President,)and see how much  the  minister can be influenced. Since he is over concern of high cost of living.

TKL should take the initiative to forgo the Presidential salary or take 10% of it. He should lead by example that public service is for the country. Doing so will put the whole cabinet and mayors to shame.

(18-08-2023, 08:48 PM)Instinct Wrote:  Maybe they will impeach him.

you cannot impeach the president when he is telling the truth.

likely TKL will expose all the truths about PAP.

whatever bad things covered by PAP, he will expose them and expect PAP to take action.

for example, if TKL knew about PAP MP's adultery in 2020, he would expose it in 2020 and expect the 2 MPs to resign in 2020.

(18-08-2023, 09:02 PM)forum456 Wrote:  you cannot impeach the president when he is telling the truth.

whatever bad things covered by PAP, he will expose them and expect PAP to take action.

for example, if TKL knew about PAP MP's adultery in 2020, he would expose it in 2020 and expect the 2 MPs to resign in 2020.

Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping

Only TKL can stop all these money laundering which has been happening for so long w/o being detected until a Foreign Minister from China intervene

Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes Gstalk's post

(18-08-2023, 09:02 PM)forum456 Wrote:  you cannot impeach the president when he is telling the truth.

Never say never. When you step on their toe, they will go all out to get you. It has happened so many times. You don't know meh? 😄

Only TKL can stop the free flow of FTrs ce.ca imports

Laughing
[+] 2 users Like Gstalk's post

(18-08-2023, 09:10 PM)Gstalk Wrote:  Only TKL can stop all these money laundering which has been happening for so long w/o being detected until a Foreign Minister from China intervene

😱 😱

If TKL don't win, they will up the criteria again and he won't qualify in the next PE.

TKL will ask why HC salary need to be kept secret when they are investing our Reserves.
[+] 2 users Like Instinct's post

Good luck. 
Hope he doesn't lose his deposit.

He can be confident only if he has helped many during his NTUC job. I believe that job gave him many chances to help thorny insurance cases...provided he had indeed helped many as such words will spread.

I believe many percentage of Singaporean had or still using Income as insurers. In this way, TKL has a big advantage..

Keep in mind he had grown Incomd 17,000 times.

TKL will ask pap many difficult questions. Will see how they fix him. 😂