I will be meeting Insurance agent later on medical and hospitalisation

I was cold called so decided to make the agent do some work. I told him to identify all the gaps in the current Medisheild Life that can cause financial hardship and propose policies to cover these gaps.

What prompted me to do this is the recent move by govt to limit cancer drugs to an approved list for us to use Medisheild Life. This means that instead of using a drug that has best chance to save your life the doctor has to use a drug on the list. This may result in higher chance of death or financial hardship should you choose to have a better chance of survival using a drug not on the list. This to me is not acceptable.

Those of you with questions for me to ask the agent plse let me have them.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

so u have free Starbucks kopi
[+] 1 user Likes Talent's post

(28-05-2023, 10:41 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I was cold called so decided to make the agent do some work. I told him to identify all the gaps in the current Medisheild Life that can cause financial hardship and propose policies to cover these gaps.

What prompted me to do this is the recent move by govt to limit cancer drugs to an approved list for us to use Medisheild Life. This means that instead of using a drug that has beat chance to save your life the doctor has to use a drug on the list. This may result in higher chance of death or financial hardship should you choose to have a better chance of survival using a drug not on the list. This to me is not acceptable.

Can ask her tonite free or not?
[+] 1 user Likes Sentinel's post

touch her hands and thighs. Inner thigh too... Big Grin

Smile

(28-05-2023, 10:57 AM)Niubee Wrote:  touch her hands and thighs. Inner thigh too... Big Grin

PRC n India always do that.

(28-05-2023, 10:57 AM)Niubee Wrote:  touch her hands and thighs. Inner thigh too... Big Grin

u do that Confused

(28-05-2023, 10:44 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  Can ask her tonite free or not?

According to what TS had written, the agent is a guy.  Laughing

(28-05-2023, 11:50 AM)Talent Wrote:  u do that Confused

I dig relentlessly Laughing

Smile

(28-05-2023, 10:41 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I was cold called so decided to make the agent do some work. I told him to identify all the gaps in the current Medisheild Life that can cause financial hardship and propose policies to cover these gaps.

What prompted me to do this is the recent move by govt to limit cancer drugs to an approved list for us to use Medisheild Life. This means that instead of using a drug that has best chance to save your life the doctor has to use a drug on the list. This may result in higher chance of death or financial hardship should you choose to have a better chance of survival using a drug not on the list. This to me is not acceptable.

You are expected to pay premium of 2-3k per year since you are now over 40

meet in orchard rd restaurant  ?,no coffe just french mineral water costing $6.5 will do,

(28-05-2023, 01:02 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  You are expected to pay premium of 2-3k per year since you are now over 40

Wow so high...? Still better than being bankrupted by medical bills

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(28-05-2023, 01:06 PM)talky Wrote:  meet in orchard rd restaurant  ?,no coffe just french mineral water costing $6.5 will do,

Those suggesting that I milk the agent for food and favors ...I don't do such things. I also don't want to waste his time. I am truly looking for some solution to the medical cost problems.

(28-05-2023, 01:09 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Wow so high...? Still better than being bankrupted by medical bills

Then you sell some of your shares will do…health is more important than making money.

There is no solution. Some insurance companies will tweak their policies to have higher coverage for those outside the CDL but it's slightly more expensive and it will reduce coverage on other aspects.

BTW, the agent from which company? I have done a comparison so I can give you info and save you time from meeting him.

(28-05-2023, 01:09 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Wow so high...? Still better than being bankrupted by medical bills

Lifelong total premium was estimated to be S$300K in an old ST news (below).
It could be high now with the high inflation in Spore.
Just recently a friend went for a gastro-colonoscopy at a private clinic. Total cost was $5K with biopsies. 

Don't think MOH/HSA provides low cost colonoscopy checks at public hospital as _part_ of periodic health screening, so I guess next the best option could be to head to JB or Thailand. China seems to offer the lowest cost, but not sure if their public hospitals entertain foreigners during lull period.

Genes aside, I think one should also eat more heathily than to give optimal nutrition to the body than to rely on health insurance.
Prevention is better than cure.

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/in...r-for-life

(28-05-2023, 01:48 PM)sgxin Wrote:  Lifelong total premium was estimated to be S$300K in an old ST news (below).
It could be high now with the high inflation in Spore.
Just recently a friend went for a gastro-colonoscopy at a private clinic. Total cost was $5K with biopsies. 

Don't think MOH/HSA provides low cost colonoscopy checks at public hospital as _part_ of periodic health screening, so I guess next the best option could be to head to JB or Thailand. China seems to offer the lowest cost, but not sure if their public hospitals entertain foreigners during lull period.

Genes aside, I think one should also eat more heathily than to give optimal nutrition to the body than to rely on health insurance.
Prevention is better than cure.

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/in...r-for-life

Colonoscopy only costs $500-600 at government hospitals

(28-05-2023, 01:48 PM)sgxin Wrote:  Don't think MOH/HSA provides low cost colonoscopy checks at public hospital as _part_ of periodic health screening, so I guess next the best option could be to head to JB or Thailand. China seems to offer the lowest cost, but not sure if their public hospitals entertain foreigners during lull period.

Yes, doing it in China is much cheaper. And yes, their public hospitals entertain foreigners and you pay the same as the locals.

(28-05-2023, 01:51 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Colonoscopy only costs $500-600 at government hospitals

Colonoscopy isn't offered as part of normal health screening.
One need to have blood in stools like Talent's recent case.
And doing so can cause insurance coy to exclude this colon coverage when one buys a health insurance within the next 5 years.

This China Sichuan lady paid a mere RMB980 (S$200) for her colonoscopy.
Very fast appointment too as she had walked in on a Thu to consult doc and got her scope date the next Mon.

(28-05-2023, 01:53 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Yes, doing it in China is much cheaper. And yes, their public hospitals entertain foreigners and you pay the same as the locals.

That is good news. Will try it next time when I visit China.
Beside getting a gastro-colonoscopy health screening, I like to have a CT or MRI to check on the level of blockage in the heart blood vessels (every older folks has a certain level of blockage).

Go for NTUC income, they cannot suka suka change the premium. Buy more medical insurance for hospitalisation. The rest of the insurance is actually quite “rubbish.”

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(28-05-2023, 02:43 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Go for NTUC income, they cannot suka suka change the premium. Buy more medical insurance for hospitalisation. The rest of the insurance is actually quite “rubbish.”

Hospitalisation doesn’t cover expenses of surgeries and cancer treatments

https://www.income.com.sg/kcassets/fe704...ebsite.pdf

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(28-05-2023, 01:11 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Those suggesting that I milk the agent for food and favors ...I don't do such things. I also don't want to waste his time. I am truly looking for some solution to the medical cost problems.

I said wrongly, it should be 1-2 k per year

(28-05-2023, 01:55 PM)sgxin Wrote:  Colonoscopy isn't offered as part of normal health screening.
And doing so can cause insurance coy to exclude this colon coverage when one buys a health insurance within the next 5 years.

Very fast appointment too as she had walked in on a Thu to consult doc and got her scope date the next Mon.

You can go to polyclinic to get a referral to a gov hospital especially you have piles

(28-05-2023, 01:55 PM)sgxin Wrote:  Colonoscopy isn't offered as part of normal health screening.

Colonoscopy is around $650-$800 in Malayisa.
When my mom was due to go, I suggested Malaysia I kena scolded badly. In the end I pony up the $1500 to get it done in Singapore for her.

For myself when j cross 50yo I will get it done in Malaysia ...its the same so why pay more.

[Image: DfIBxIG.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2221.png]

Make her meow meow wet Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

You should get a colonoscopy when you hit 50.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(28-05-2023, 04:04 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  You should get a colonoscopy when you hit 50.

I think he reported that he colonoscopied every year since 10 years ago.   Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(28-05-2023, 04:03 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Make her meow meow wet Big Grin

SgButt jus said is a He... Laughing

Smile