If Hold Funeral Wake At Funeral Parlour......Got Sofa Or Reclining Chair ?

Just finish attend help to handle funeral. Even Buddhist ritual all come out to about 10k. Put void deck 3 days.

Now another relative put 5 days Taoist think their final bill after this Friday should be 15-20k.

Know only today open the panel to put one more urn and then replace the front panel cost $1980. Real experience in Mandai Crematorium. JHK knock open old panel 5 mins. New panel cost dunno as already there. Redo the photo 3 weeks later. His boss winner earn dead ppl monies shiok shiok.

(04-10-2023, 10:46 PM)maxsanic Wrote:  Yea I think so. They give you a key to lock the door to the room, so once all your guests have left you can balik kampung.

only 1 key given ah ?.........if the person holding the key fall sick or something then how ?

(04-10-2023, 11:42 PM)sgh Wrote:  Just finish attend help to handle funeral. Even Buddhist ritual all come out to about 10k. Put void deck 3 days.

Now another relative put 5 days Taoist think their final bill after this Friday should be 15-20k.

Know only today open the panel to put one more urn and then replace the front panel cost $1980. Real experience in Mandai Crematorium. JHK knock open old panel 5 mins. New panel cost dunno as already there. Redo the photo 3 weeks later. His boss winner earn dead ppl monies shiok shiok.

if no ritual.................ashes thrown into sea..................3 days at parlour...................still need 10K or not ah ?

(05-10-2023, 10:03 AM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  only 1 key given ah ?.........if the person holding the key fall sick or something then how ?

if no ritual.................ashes thrown into sea..................3 days at parlour...................still need 10K or not ah ?

How many keys I really don't know, maybe you can ask the parlor staff for something that specific?

Rituals or not, I doubt there are any funerals that can be held in a parlor for less than 10k.

(05-10-2023, 10:03 AM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  only 1 key given ah ?.........if the person holding the key fall sick or something then how ?

Bro, I am thinking if you want to save money dunno can hold the funeral in your own house or not? I remember last time during the kampong days, they used to hold them in their house for a few days. After that can hear angmo lokor playing western music when they left on lorry for burial at BuLim cemetery.     Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(05-10-2023, 10:03 AM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  if no ritual.................ashes thrown into sea..................3 days at parlour...................still need 10K or not ah ?

No ritual means no Buddhist or Taoist monk no Christian or Catholic preacher come chant and give sermons I think should be cheaper. But I hear throw ashes into sea need to book permit and rent boat go out so that is a cost. Don't think 100 can get a boat go out. Also if that day raining boat cannot go out to sea then how? I wonder anyone does this sea burial can comment as all my relatives all go Mandai Crematorium burn to ashes and live there in different blocks and unit number.

(05-10-2023, 12:05 PM)maxsanic Wrote:  How many keys I really don't know, maybe you can ask the parlor staff for something that specific?

Rituals or not, I doubt there are any funerals that can be held in a parlor for less than 10k.

jialat hor................funeral so expensive...........collect ''pek kim'' also cannot cover leh............

got any charitable organizations can help out ?

(05-10-2023, 12:16 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Bro, I am thinking if you want to save money dunno can hold the funeral in your own house or not? I remember last time during the kampong days, they used to hold them in their house for a few days. After that can hear angmo lokor playing western music when they left on lorry for burial at BuLim cemetery.     Big Grin

bro...............you think i live in landed home meh ?............

(05-10-2023, 12:49 PM)sgh Wrote:  No ritual means no Buddhist or Taoist monk no Christian or Catholic preacher come chant and give sermons I think should be cheaper. But I hear throw ashes into sea need to book permit and rent boat go out so that is a cost. Don't think 100 can get a boat go out. Also if that day raining boat cannot go out to sea then how? I wonder anyone does this sea burial can comment as all my relatives all go Mandai Crematorium burn to ashes and live there in different blocks and unit number.

but throw ashes into sea still cheaper than getting a ''unit'' at the crematorium mah...........

Chiat lat cannot fall sick, die also cannot Huh like that how. Thinking

(05-10-2023, 09:05 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  but throw ashes into sea still cheaper than getting a ''unit'' at the crematorium mah...........

Can flush the ashes down toilet bowl it is free and no need see weather take boat out

The corpse...or human body...if it still looks like one must be respected even in death. Therefore we dress it in the deceased's favourite clothes or best clothes.

But after it has been cremated, nothing is recognisable. Absolutely nothing.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(05-10-2023, 09:05 PM)Napoleon Porlum Wrote:  bro...............you think i live in landed home meh ?............

Why cannot? I dun think HDB got rules saying cannot do funeral rituals at home. Can use your living room for the coffin. Only problem is the lift might not be large enough for the coffin unless the coffin is place in the vertical position while using the lift.      Big Grin

Carl Jung

For ppl doing Taoist ritual really waste a lot of monies.
1. Pay cold hard cash buy kim chua to fold and then later throw into furnace to burn?
2. Pay cold hard cash to the Taoist priests to mumble and chant something you don't understand? they say what you do what they do correctly or wrong you know?
3. Pay cold hard cash buy good quality wood coffin when later is push into Mandai Crematorium to burn. Good quality they need burn much longer. You next morning then go and take the bones and ashes.
4. Mandai Crematorium knock open existing door so as to put another new urn inside side by side need pay again which means same door pay 2 times price

So death in Spore super expensive. When alive already cry father cry mother Spore living expenses high. When die also incur higher expenses but I think die is one off not recurring compared to living person though.

(05-10-2023, 10:56 PM)sgh Wrote:  Can flush the ashes down toilet bowl it is free and no need see weather take boat out

that's what i told my relatives to do to my ashes............no need funeral wake................die liao, right away cremate then ashes flush down toilet.........

(06-10-2023, 07:38 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Why cannot? I dun think HDB got rules saying cannot do funeral rituals at home. Can use your living room for the coffin. Only problem is the lift might not be large enough for the coffin unless the coffin is place in the vertical position while using the lift.      Big Grin

mai lah................later at night, the corpse become vampire mah jialat...............the house so small, how to escape ?

Family members usually arrive in the morning to pay their respects and offer condolences to the immediate family. It's a time for sharing memories, offering support, and reflecting on the life of the departed. The specific timing of when family members can go back home can vary depending on the arrangements and the wishes of the immediate family. It's best to check with the funeral parlour staff, as they can provide more information on the expected duration of the wake. Additionally, funeral parlours often have dedicated rooms or spaces where mourners can gather to share meals or refreshments. These spaces offer a more intimate setting for family and friends to come together, reminisce, and find comfort in one another's company. Btw, have you ever heard of water based cremation? It's becoming increasingly popular as people seek more sustainable options for their end-of-life arrangements. If you'd like to know more about it, I'd be happy to provide additional information.

(10-11-2023, 08:17 PM)Zlatagor Wrote:  Family members usually arrive in the morning to pay their respects and offer condolences to the immediate family. It's a time for sharing memories, offering support, and reflecting on the life of the departed

family is very very few lah................less than 10 fingers can count finish liao.............

at funeral parlour..............not convenient for religious friends to go also...............

cremation is the cheapest ., later u still got to dig the dead out and rebury elsewhere, vy troublesome,

cremation is fast and cheap and good,,the day u leave immeditately call funeral parlour send yr body to mandai to cremate.
ard 2K only,, now i dont know how much,, my mother was 5 yrs ago price..

if u die morning afternoon can cremate laio.,. if u dies late afternoon of night time, got to spend one day either at the mortuary or call funeral parlour take yr body to their place then cremate the next day..

i think bad idea to have furneral for a few days,, body become rotten even if it is embalm or whatever, better for everyone,
dont need to trouble relative, and yr loved one..

I've attended funeral wakes at parlors before, and they usually have seating arrangements for family members. While they may not always have sofas or reclining chairs, they often provide comfortable seating options for everyone. As for timing, it varies, but family members typically arrive before the start of the wake and can leave whenever they feel ready. On a personal note, when I needed to arrange a funeral recently, I considered direct cremation as a practical and affordable option. It's worth exploring if you're looking for a low-cost solution. Take care.

(06-10-2023, 07:38 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Why cannot? I dun think HDB got rules saying cannot do funeral rituals at home. Can use your living room for the coffin. Only problem is the lift might not be large enough for the coffin unless the coffin is place in the vertical position while using the lift.      Big Grin

definitely cant 
hdb would not allow
what will the neighbours do,definitely complain 
police will come

(31-05-2024, 07:26 PM)talky Wrote:  definitely cant 
hdb would not allow
what will the neighbours do,definitely complain 
police will come

I saw them doing it in the void deck which is not much difference from placing the corpse in own living room. I think the problem is crowd and noise. So as long as there is no crowds like only wife and children attending with no sai gong chanting, there should be no reason to complain.   After all, there is no HDB rule that dun allow this.      Big Grin

Carl Jung

(10-11-2023, 11:30 PM)victortan Wrote:  cremation is the cheapest ., later u still got to dig the dead out and rebury elsewhere, vy troublesome,

cremation is fast and cheap and good,,the day u leave immeditately call funeral parlour send yr body to mandai to cremate.
ard 2K only,, now i dont know how much,, my mother was 5 yrs ago price..

if u die morning afternoon can cremate laio.,. if u dies late afternoon of night time, got to spend one day either at the mortuary or call funeral parlour take yr body to their place then cremate the next day..

i think bad idea to have furneral for a few days,, body become rotten even if it is embalm or whatever, better for everyone,
dont need to trouble relative, and yr loved one..

but other family members and relatives want funeral mah............

(31-05-2024, 05:34 PM)Zlatagor Wrote:  I've attended funeral wakes at parlors before, and they usually have seating arrangements for family members. While they may not always have sofas or reclining chairs, they often provide comfortable seating options for everyone.

where to buy those foldable chairs that can recline and even lie down horizontally ?..........

(02-10-2023, 01:59 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  You don’t know I am 百事通meh.
It is about 4room HDB size charging $1200 per day in one of the local funeral parlours. Now shd be more than $1200. Fully air conditioning.  No need to worry about cats to wake up the dead. Can sleep well at night.

Normal plastic chairs lah..  you want sofa, probably got additional charges.

If you have big gang attending the wake, better don’t opt for funeral parlour. It is very clamp. Less than 30 headcount shd be fine.

I saw one of the evading tax funeral parlour boss wearing Daytona full gold before. KNN. Really sibeh ho tan.
The departed doesn't bargain asking for discount. The living Do swee swee.Big Grin Life's short even at 90.

funeral process is to provide last respect for decease. let relative and friends has a last chance to visit..

also important to let family members , close one to have a closure of the fact that deceased has departed. so tired after the funeral then sleep and recover and continue with life.