If you still insist on calling it Lunar New Year. Remember: It is CHINESE New Year.

https://www.state.gov/celebrating-lunar-new-year/

If you still insist on calling it "#Lunar" New Year. 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

Remember: It is #CHINESE New Year. Not some "#Lunar" New Year lunacy. 🧧🐲🧨🎍🎋🍊🍊

Been so for the longest time until Washington started its full-spectrum Cold War warfare against China (Trade war, Technology war, Cultural war...etc) to #discredit/#cancel everything related to China/Chinese. You stay silent to such affront only if you are hopelessly #naive or have #infantile understanding of #geopolitics and the cultural #erasure warfare practised by the Imperialistic West.

Arguing that you are using "Lunar New Year" for "#diversity" is a poorly educated joke as there are different "#Lunar" New Years worldwide according to different cultures. The Arab Muslims celebrate their Islamic New Year (Hijri New Year) based on their Lunar Calendar somewhere in July. They literally observe the sighting of the new lunar crescent moon. And the Chinese calendar is not even a purely lunar calendar - it is #lunisolar. 👈🏻

Also arguing that we should change the name because many other people are now celebrating CNY does not hold water as this logic will open the floodgates to other ridiculous nonsense. Why still call the language "#English" when it is now used by many other people including the Chinese and Indians. Call it Chinlish or Inlish then? Why call french fries "#french" when it is now a common food worldwide. Change its name for diversity then? Do not be stupid.

Therefore - if you are celebrating the festival in a country with the Chinese people, based on the ancient Chinese #Calendar & #Zodiac (which has been copied and adopted by many other Asian countries such as Korea, Vietnam...etc), using Chinese origin #elements, motifs, decorations and following the rituals & #customary practices of the Chinese - you are celebrating CHINESE NEW YEAR. 👈🏻

Heck - even Anwar Ibrahim, #Malaysia's Prime Minister (a #Muslim) and #Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic use #ChineseNewYear in their greetings during the festive period. So do the leaders of many other nations.

Lunar New Year? Dun be a #lunatic. 🤣

Get educated. 👌🏻

Morgan
[+] 2 users Like CHAOS's post

me more concerned about how many days holiday the govt is going to give us.

(13-02-2024, 08:55 AM)CHAOS Wrote:  If you still insist on calling it "#Lunar" New Year. 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

Remember: It is #CHINESE New Year. Not some "#Lunar" New Year lunacy. 🧧🐲🧨🎍🎋🍊🍊

Its is lunar new year because it’s based on the lunar calendar, you fcuking cb lunatic.
Koreans, Vietnamese, Cambodians, Taiwanese also celebrate lunar new year you cb bastard.

CHAOS & Cityhantam are 2 sick CCP mother-fcuker bastards, who support Islamic radical Simplemen, aka Imran, who has been belittling Chinese, juz because their mothers like farking Hamas dogs

[+] 1 user Likes YummyKing's post

(13-02-2024, 11:26 AM)YummyKing Wrote:  Its is lunar new year because it’s based on the lunar calendar, you fcuking cb lunatic.
Koreans, Vietnamese, Cambodians, Taiwanese also celebrate lunar new year you cb bastard.

Just enjoy the festive season before starting work again!

[Image: CNY.jpg]

(13-02-2024, 11:26 AM)YummyKing Wrote:  Its is lunar new year because it’s based on the lunar calendar, you fcuking cb lunatic.

You are wrong. 

Chinese calandar is not lunar calendar, unlike Muslim calendar. 

The Chinese calendar is a lunisolar calendar, incorporating elements of a lunar calendar with those of a solar calendar, indicating both the phase of the Moon and the time of the solar year.

BTW, Taiwanese are Chinese!
[+] 6 users Like cityhantam's post

Aiya when you're culturally rich and powerful, other ppl will learn or copy from you, because they duno what to do. So the easiest and safer way is to follow lao da ge

On the other hand, if you're a pdf, nobody would want to follow you

Deepavali or Diwali?
[+] 1 user Likes Buffybuffy's post

(13-02-2024, 11:46 AM)Buffybuffy Wrote:  Deepavali or Diwali?

That's up to CECA lor!  Big Grin

So after copying their feel paiseh, so change name and a bit here and there, and claim to be their own. Understand?

Don't use such a cheem word like simi lunar. Just say Moon New Year will do.  Rolleyes

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

Do han ppl aso celebrate cny or hny?

(13-02-2024, 11:46 AM)Buffybuffy Wrote:  Deepavali or Diwali?

I think it depends on where the Indians come from 

It's like asking which is correct... jiak png or sek fan. Both are correct. 

As for me, I grew up and old hearing Deepavali so this one sounds familiar to me. Diwali sounds foreign. Hearing it would be like hearing 吃饭 not in Hokkien or Cantonese which I am comfortable with but some other tiongkok dialect which I am not like the Wu dialects... those I heard in Wuxi, Suzhou and Shanghai.

(13-02-2024, 09:58 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  me more concerned about how many days holiday the govt is going to give us.

Here you go to plan this year holidays...

Oh, BTW -  in SG it is officially known as "Chinese New Year".. Big Grin

[Image: 20230524-public_holidays_2024.png]

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013
[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

(13-02-2024, 12:04 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I think it depends on where the Indians come from 

As for me, I grew up and old hearing Deepavali so this one sounds familiar to me. Diwali sounds foreign. Hearing it would be like hearing 吃饭 not in Hokkien or Cantonese which I am comfortable with but some other tiongkok dialect which I am not like the Wu dialects... those I heard in Wuxi, Suzhou and Shanghai.

Btw you don't need to go to China to hear other tiongkok dialects. Every so often I'd hear tiongs calling home and speaking their mother tongue. Sounded very crude, loud, uncouth.  Rolleyes

(13-02-2024, 12:11 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Btw you don't need to go to China to hear other tiongkok dialects. Every so often I'd hear tiongs calling home and speaking their mother tongue. Sounded very crude, loud, uncouth.  Rolleyes

But then hor, peepur who don't understand Hokkien also find it sounding crude and loud

I have never heard any Hokkien gua saying knnbccb or ranjiao softly. It's a typical tiong dialect and typically vulgar and crude.  Rolleyes

(13-02-2024, 12:14 PM)Oyk Wrote:  But then hor, peepur who don't understand Hokkien also find it sounding crude and loud

I have never heard any Hokkien gua saying knnbccb or ranjiao softly. It's a typical tiong dialect and typically vulgar and crude.  Rolleyes

Happy Lunar New Year to all Hans whether you are a Malaysian or a Chinese or a Singaporean.

新年快乐
万事如意
祥龙贺岁
KILLchoy老不死。 Rotfl

捞起啊!
Lo hei ah!  Laughter-68

[Image: IMG-20240213-053419.jpg]

(13-02-2024, 12:04 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I think it depends on where the Indians come from 

Who care where those (foreign) "Indians' come from ?

When in Rome do as the Romans do -  Tamil is one of SG 4 official languages, naturally Tamil-origin "Deepavali"  is widely accepted name for the Hindu festival of lights celebration

Case Closed. Big Grin

[Image: dw-gcbanner-231110.jpg]

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

Since u hate Chinese so much why you and yr whole family didnt go back to India?

要韩国人庆祝华人新年那是不可能的,只好改称农历新年咯

至于汉人庆祝华人新年,那是天经地义光明正大的事,没有必要缩头缩尾的

(13-02-2024, 12:14 PM)Oyk Wrote:  sgtalk.net/User-Oyk PERISH FÜCKING JUDAH

(13-02-2024, 11:33 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Just enjoy the festive season before starting work again!

[Image: CNY.jpg]

Can I start chowing on her below? Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(13-02-2024, 12:30 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Who care where those (foreign) "Indians' come from ?

When in Rome do as the Romans do -  Tamil is one of SG 4 official languages, naturally Tamil-origin "Deepavali"  is widely accepted name for the Hindu festival of lights celebration

Case Closed. Big Grin

[Image: dw-gcbanner-231110.jpg]

Deepavali is the correct usage here in Singapore.  Only CECA use Diwali Smile

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(13-02-2024, 01:55 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Deepavali is the correct usage here in Singapore.  Only CECA use Diwali Smile

India or Bharat?

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(13-02-2024, 02:00 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  India or Bharat?

Should be berak  Rotfl

It is 农历新年,not 阴历新年
农历is Chinese Calender
阴历 is Lunar Calendar

Chao Ang Mohs do not know the difference lah.

[Image: IMG-3912.jpg]

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(13-02-2024, 02:06 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Should be berak  Rotfl

[Image: IMG-3914.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(13-02-2024, 12:30 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Who care where those (foreign) "Indians' come from ?

Case Closed. Big Grin

Hang on. Not so fast. 

Mandarin is one of the 4 'official' languages. We don't care where the Hans came from but we allow them to say 吃饭 in their mother tongue which can be sek fan or jiak png. We don't get upset if they don't say chi fan, OR say cccci fan instead of chi fan.

Case may be closed now.  Rolleyes

Those who insist using lunar remember to get your latest mRNA booster to protect against the evil ccp virus... Tongue

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth” – Buddha.
[Image: https://i.ibb.co/0hWSqby/wednesday-quote.jpg]

(13-02-2024, 11:43 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Aiya when you're culturally rich and powerful, other ppl will learn or copy from you, because they duno what to do. So the easiest and safer way is to follow lao da ge

On the other hand, if you're a pdf, nobody would want to follow you

again aiya this aiya that…fuking guniang Rotfl

(13-02-2024, 03:43 PM)pervertosan Wrote:  again aiya this aiya that…fuking guniang Rotfl

Lao gay, you got celebrate cny aso?