If you still insist on calling it Lunar New Year. Remember: It is CHINESE New Year.

(14-02-2024, 11:24 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Thisnis like saying Hari Raya is Malay New Year

I think the concept is flawed

The Malays didn't come up with the Islamic calendar. Hari Raya is observed/celebrated by ALL Muslims including those in China.. 

The oldest mosque in China was built even before Islam came to Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia.

You seriously need to open your mind up, meet peepur and not have daily conversations only with your mother and travel more. Islam is not a Malay religion. Far from it.

And in case you are thinking that Buddhism is a CHINESE religion, let me also say that religions are not race based.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

Ah butt does not know the difference between new year and religious festival? Alamak why like that

(14-02-2024, 11:31 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Hari Raya is not Malay New year lah
I don’t think we celebrate Malay New Year in Sg. I think you have to check with your Malay Abang, do Malay celebrate Malay New Year which is on Mar period?

They celebrate it along with all Muslims all over the world. They don't call it Malay New Year. Some people think it is Malay just because the Malays say it in their language and call it Hari Raya. The Chinese don't call it Hari Raya. The Arabs don't call it Hari Raya. The Americans don't call it Hari Raya. And all three of them have huge numbers of Muslins wor.

If CNY is based on the lunar calendar, then it should fall on the same day as "Hari Raya". As it is, it does not which means that the day when the Chinese celebrate New Year must be based on another system of counting the days. 

Chinese New Year is based on neither the sun solely nor the moon solely. The way it's arrived at is pretty complicated... astrology, 12 animals, sun, moon, mathematics. The easier way to find out when Spring Festival starts is when KillChoy 的 mother puts a signboard "Today my abalone no juice. Closed for business."  Rotfl

(14-02-2024, 11:39 AM)Oyk Wrote:  I already made a big FOOL of myself when in China.

Very sia suay. Rotfl

sgtalk.net/User-Oyk I CAN HAN LANJIAO

(14-02-2024, 12:13 PM)Oyk Wrote:  my family atas reunion dinner

sgtalk.net/User-Oyk NO ONE LOVES ME

Why a 自称汉人的华人 wanted to queued up as 中国公民呢?是不是笑的?

Talk so much...

Want to "lunar" make sure go pak mRNA latest booster to fight the china virus... Tongue

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth” – Buddha.
[Image: https://i.ibb.co/0hWSqby/wednesday-quote.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Geneco's post

(13-02-2024, 08:55 AM)CHAOS Wrote:  https://www.state.gov/celebrating-lunar-new-year/

If you still insist on calling it "#Lunar" New Year. 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

Remember: It is #CHINESE New Year. Not some "#Lunar" New Year lunacy. 🧧🐲🧨🎍🎋🍊🍊

Been so for the longest time until Washington started its full-spectrum Cold War warfare against China (Trade war, Technology war, Cultural war...etc) to #discredit/#cancel everything related to China/Chinese. You stay silent to such affront only if you are hopelessly #naive or have #infantile understanding of #geopolitics and the cultural #erasure warfare practised by the Imperialistic West.

Arguing that you are using "Lunar New Year" for "#diversity" is a poorly educated joke as there are different "#Lunar" New Years worldwide according to different cultures. The Arab Muslims celebrate their Islamic New Year (Hijri New Year) based on their Lunar Calendar somewhere in July. They literally observe the sighting of the new lunar crescent moon. And the Chinese calendar is not even a purely lunar calendar - it is #lunisolar. 👈🏻

Also arguing that we should change the name because many other people are now celebrating CNY does not hold water as this logic will open the floodgates to other ridiculous nonsense. Why still call the language "#English" when it is now used by many other people including the Chinese and Indians. Call it Chinlish or Inlish then? Why call french fries "#french" when it is now a common food worldwide. Change its name for diversity then? Do not be stupid.

Therefore - if you are celebrating the festival in a country with the Chinese people, based on the ancient Chinese #Calendar & #Zodiac (which has been copied and adopted by many other Asian countries such as Korea, Vietnam...etc), using Chinese origin #elements, motifs, decorations and following the rituals & #customary practices of the Chinese - you are celebrating CHINESE NEW YEAR. 👈🏻

Heck - even Anwar Ibrahim, #Malaysia's Prime Minister (a #Muslim) and #Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic use #ChineseNewYear in their greetings during the festive period. So do the leaders of many other nations.

Lunar New Year? Dun be a #lunatic. 🤣

Get educated. 👌🏻

Morgan

So which is correct leh? Thinking CNY or LNY leh?

(14-02-2024, 01:55 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Why a 自称汉人的华人 wanted to queued up as 中国公民呢?是不是笑的?

新加坡🇸🇬华人不是中国🇨🇳华人啦!haha Big Grin Singapore Chinese are NOT China Chinese lah!

SG must avoid this "WOKE" mentality.
I call whatever I like, not happy .... go find bayi

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(14-02-2024, 03:53 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  新加坡🇸🇬华人不是中国🇨🇳华人啦!haha Big Grin Singapore Chinese are NOT China Chinese lah!

你也去排中国公民的队咩? 做么酱?
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(14-02-2024, 03:51 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  So which is correct leh? Thinking CNY or LNY leh?

不好意思过cny, 就过lny 咯。无所谓的啦,没有人可以逼你的
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

Kong hee fatt choy.

That's what I used to say to my Chinese friends when I was a kid.

(14-02-2024, 03:53 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  新加坡🇸🇬华人不是中国🇨🇳华人啦!haha Big Grin Singapore' Hans are NOT Chinese lah!

Corrected for you.

(14-02-2024, 04:10 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Kong hee fatt choy.

That's what I used to say to my Chinese friends when I was a kid.

Sounds like mixing two dialects together.

I think with the PG passing away and MG too... we can drop this dialect greeting and just say gongxi facai which is understood by the CHINESE as well as Han Malaysians and Han Singaporeans.

[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

(14-02-2024, 03:51 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  So which is correct leh? Thinking CNY or LNY leh?

Should be the Chinese lumpar sohai new year.

(14-02-2024, 03:53 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  新加坡🇸🇬华人不是中国🇨🇳华人啦!haha Big Grin Singapore Chinese are NOT China Chinese lah!

你的格局太小了。
可是我们还是华人。
易经最讨厌分类,一分类,问题就来了。
华人已经二百年一盘散沙,应该是团结的时候。
You still never learn the lesson from Tikok CEO. Chao Ang Moh will always think you are Chinese from China. They will heck care what you have told them.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(14-02-2024, 03:53 PM)KILLjoy Wrote:  My reunion dinner. 

[Image: Screenshot-20240214-163908.jpg]

Okay,  noted.  Rotfl

华人新年要过就过,不要过就不要过,吱吱歪歪讲那么多干什么?

(14-02-2024, 04:39 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  你的格局太小了。
可是我们还是华人。
易经最讨厌分类,一分类,问题就来了。
华人已经二百年一盘散沙,应该是团结的时候。

F...k off if you think I am going to betray Singapore and unite with China. You can go and 团结 with KillChoy 的老母 by sticking your 姑姑叫inside her smelly meow meow..  Rolleyes

(14-02-2024, 04:46 PM)Oyk Wrote:  F...k off if you think I am going to betray Singapore and unite with China. You can go and 团结 with KillChoy 的老母 by sticking your 姑姑叫inside her smelly meow meow..  Rolleyes

Another daft. Your root is from CECA?
没根的人,跟太监有什么分别。 Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 3 users Like RiseofAsia's post

Fugging Ceca pundek Oyk - go fug off! Chinese new year has nothing to do with shitskins like you!
[+] 3 users Like aiptasia's post

(14-02-2024, 04:46 PM)Oyk Wrote:  my lo hei for mama papa

sgtalk.net/User-Oyk LO HEI
[+] 1 user Likes KILLjoy's post

(14-02-2024, 04:42 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Rotfl
sgtalk.net/User-Oyk REJECTED BY LORD

(14-02-2024, 04:42 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Rotfl

sgtalk.net/User-Oyk GOOD IN GIVING CECA BLOWJOB

(14-02-2024, 04:49 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Another daft. Your root is from CECA?
没根的人,跟太监有什么分别。 Rotfl

I am first and foremost a Singaporean. My race is 汉。

Are these 2 sentences too hard for you to understand?

(14-02-2024, 10:47 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I am first and foremost a Singaporean. My race is 汉。

and i cant understand chinese and nationals

sgtalk.net/User-Oyk AM FÜCKING STUPID
[+] 1 user Likes KILLjoy's post

To the stubborn, demented and confused, let's go thru this again:

- Han is not a race but an ethnic group of huaxia, one of the 56 ethnic groups of china

- Han is made up of many dialect speaking sub groups that we're familiar with

If you're are confused, please use 华 or 華 for clarity
[+] 4 users Like WhatDoYouThink!'s post

And dun gong gong line up in the immigration queue for Chinese Nationals which has nothing to do with you ok?! Really a stewpig fool
[+] 3 users Like WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(15-02-2024, 12:22 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  To the stubborn, demented and confused, let's go thru this again:

- Han is not a race but an ethnic group of huaxia, one of the 56 ethnic groups of china

- Han is made up of many dialect speaking sub groups that we're familiar with

If you're are confused, please use 华 or 華 for clarity

(15-02-2024, 12:32 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  And dun gong gong line up in the immigration queue for Chinese Nationals which has nothing to do with you ok?! Really a stewpig fool

Good advice lah! Big Grin